“Satisfied For The Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Cromwell Bridge Road, Towson, MD 21286-2216   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Towson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wesley Chapel, United States
“Satisfied For The Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions over a three week period in October for business in downtown Towson. The first week I had a suite which was in satisfactory condition given the price I was paying. The second week was a single room which was not in satisfactory condition. The room décor was very dated, the carpet seemed to be very old and dirty, the bathroom was a bit of a mess, the inside of the microwave was brown from the heat, and the overall condition of the furniture was poor. The third week I had another single room and this one had obviously been updated. New carpet, furniture was in much better condition, the bathroom was in much better shape, and the fridge and microwave were new. If you plan on staying at this hotel I would ask to see if you can get an updated room. The hotel is very convenient to downtown Towson and about a 5-10 minuet trip depending on lights and traffic. The hotel is located in a residential area. Overall for the price I paid I was happy. You can find better accommodations but you are going to pay twice as much or have an hour plus commute on 695 from areas around Towson. Breakfast was poor. The eggs and bacon were cold most mornings even though I was there right at 6:00AM when they opened and the eggs were like eating a piece of sponge. No variation in "hot" menu each morning was just the same thing - scrambled powdered eggs and bacon. No cut up fruit. Despite all of this I would stay again if I am back in Towson based on price and convenience to downtown Towson.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room facing back of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
BridgetDely, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I understand your frustration about not having a consistent experience over the course of your three stays. We are currently in the process of upgrading the design and furniture of the guest rooms. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room that was obviously upgraded since this will be what all the rooms look like very soon. We look forward to seeing you in Towson again!

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel. Late in the evening we checked and staff at the front desk gave us a clean, spacious and comfortable room. For early departures, there is a complimentary breakfast which is adequate. In the spacious foyer, there are two computer terminals and printers with internet access.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Based on my positive experience on my last visit to Towson (see my earlier review, April 2013), I stayed here again this time as well. The main difference on this visit was that this time my room showed a lot more wear. There were deep stains in the carpet and the upholstered chair, as well as gouges in the desk. It was clean, however, despite the room's worn, tattered appearance. I had asked for a room facing the rear to ensure quiet; however, none were available when I arrived early in the evening.

I did have one other disappointing experience, though I suspect it may be a more general BW+ issues based on my previous night's experience at another property. The "high speed" internet access was, by today's standards, quite slow (about 1.2 MBPS according to my tests). So slow, in fact, that I gave up trying to read my email and work online because web pages kept timing out before fully loading. Although my connection was wireless, I experienced the same problem with an Ethernet connection the previous night at the College Park BW+.

Overall, my stay was OK. Despite not meeting the expectations I had based on my last stay, given the price and convenience to the Baltimore Beltway, I will give it at least one more chance if I return to stay overnight in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a very good stay at this location. Its not the best area but Towson mall is only about 2 miles away which is a good place to visit while your here. My room wasn't to small and was clean. I ended up getting sick while I was here, I was so happy there was a Pho restaurant down stairs. When I wasn't sick I did manage to go to the bar down stairs and had a good time. The drinks weren't overly priced like most hotel bars. I do plan on coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Staff is always friendly. I have stayed here multiple times and it is SO QUIET and beds are very comfortable. I Love the pillows!!!! Exercise room needs a couple upgrades, but treadmill and stationary bike worked for me;) Mostly staying here for business I find it a great place to grab a simple breakfast before work and a good night's sleep. The food in the restaurant is also excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

A warm welcome from people who have repeatedly gone out of their ways to meet special requests, in addition to excellent service at all times, have made this place my choice for Baltimore visits. The facility itself and its location, convenient yet secluded, are also first rate. Free cookies each day at 5:00 PM in the lobby, too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BridgetDely, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We try to make everyone of our guests feel appreciated and we're glad to see it shows. We look forward to seeing you in Towson again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel perfectly located for us: right down the hill frm the specialty Vet where my beloved Blyncken is being treated for a very terrible cancer. To meet w the oncologist, have his surgery; then have his stitches out & begin his chemo, we stayed at the Best Western in Towson abt 15 days in the past 6 wks.

Largely, we were pleased w it: one of the rooms was delightful, w nothing shabby & everything that wrkd. Comfortable beds. Another room had a burn in the bedspread& serious smoke stains on the ceiling; a third seemed cramped & the fridge didn't wrk (initially, staff claimed "that's how *all* the refrigerators in this hotel wrk," but relented when we said we had stayed in other rooms, & brought us a different one wh worked fine -- unfortunately, leaving the malfunctioning one there as well).

Breakfast came w the price of the room. The 1st morning we stayed there, I explained that my spouse is *seriously* arthritic & requested a tray so I cld bring breakfast upstairs. I was accommodated by the breakfast staff w no problem.

Last night, we had tried to extend our stay an extra night (both of us had developed bronchitis, & the 175 mi trip home seemed too daunting), but they were full, we had to leave today.

When we were late cking out, instead of calling us to remind us that it was getting late & -- heaven forbid, asking if we needed assistance of any kind -- the manager on duty banged on the door, told us that the next guests who had reserved the room were downstairs (a full 2 hours b4 ck-in time), told us to get out, claimed that my bringing up a breakfast tray had been causing him problems b/c other guests wanted to do so as well (my "reasonable accommodation" statement fell on deaf ears), & told us that we shld "find another hotel in the future."

Other guests in the hallway at the time heard his entire tirade.

I have never been *evicted* frm anywhere b4. I was mortified, hurt, & appalled...& fully well intend to report him to whatever govt agency monitors & tracks ADA violations. His behavior was unconscionable, & I seriously hope that at *least,* he be mandated to attend sensitivity/diversity training. Actually, I wld not b sorry if this cost the [--] his job.

• Stayed October 2013
BridgetDely, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Let me start off by apologizing for the insensitivity of our housekeeping manager. Sometimes during a busy weekend, we can lose sight of the importance of taking care of each guest's needs and will be discussing this with our team. We certainly are not in the business of evicting guests from the hotel and I am sorry that we made you feel that way. Your other comments about breakfast and the inconsistency of the rooms are valid concerns and will be addressed with the staff. I hope that you give us another chance to make your next stay in the Towson area a success.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!