“Hotel of Choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
new jersey
“Hotel of Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice in Towson. The staff is friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful. Love the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I went through a third party to get one room at this hotel and was charge double because for some reason there was a error. As soon as I found the problem which was never brought to my attention when I checked in I called the company and they called the hotel and spoke with the manager. I called also after I was told the manager said I took the two rooms and no refund will be given. One plus one = 2 thats the num in my party (2) why would I need 4 beds for two people????????????????? Do not go here people (bad business)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Apology from the management team but the room was purchased directly from the expedia.com
Never cancelled the reservation from the both party.
Lakewood, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel was very cost effective on the internet rate. Was able to book on the internet from phone in the parking lot and got a great rate without priceline. Lobby was nice, room was great and the breakfast had hot stuff in addition to the continental.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Orlando Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We booked through Priceline and spend Fri - Sun at this facility. I had previously stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore North however the Priceline price was not working out in my favor this time around, so I took it down a notch in terms of the star rating. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was fine - bed clean and comfortable. Plenty of outlets for all my electronic gadgets and the flatscreen was generous. The bathroom was fine as well. It was quiet too.
The breakfast buffet was awesome; buoyed by a gentleman named Carl who had only recently joined the staff at this hotel. He was a very friendly and even offered to make everyone a waffle. Talk about customer service! I was very impressed!. The rest of the staff was excellent, most notably Dante, who works the swing shift at the front desk. All in, a great place to stay and parking is free along with free wireless! I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Towson with my husband and three teenage children over Thanksgiving to be with family in the area. We chose the hotel because it had adjoining rooms and was reasonably priced. Next time, we'll stay farther away and stay in a suites-style hotel instead. The hotel is downright dirty. The bathrooms were not completely clean, one reeked of mildew and/or urine and the carpets in the hallways and rooms were stained. The sidechair in one room was so disgustingly stained that I wouldn't allow my kids to go near it and turned it toward the wall. The kids all started asking for a 'blue light' a la Dateline, to create a You Tube expose. yuck. The large rooms had okay decor and big TVs, beds were comfortable but only full-size (not queen). But nothing could make up for the grime on walls, in the elevator, on most surfaces.
The attractive bar area (nice U-shaped bar) is okay. We had snacks, which were edible but nothing more. The breakfast was typical hotel breakfast fare. The fitness room was unavailable due to 'broken pipes'. One positive note: the front desk people were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Rick K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks You.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was on one day business trip, hotel is in nice quiet location. Staff was helpful, good value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The moment I check in, I was given a dirty room. Beds were unmade, it smelled, etc. Fine, they apologized and gave me another room, but I had to wait a while. That same night, my girlfriend and I discovered "stink bugs" in the room. When we complained to the front desk, customer service informed us that couldn't do anything for us and "maybe" we should talk to a manager. On the last day, I was given a bill of a lower amount that I was charged. When I mentioned this to the front desk, they acted like they didn't understand what I was talking about, I had to call the third party that I booked the room through the next day and they informed me that the hotel was not supposed to show me that cheaper rate. FIne, but it was still unprofessional for them to act dumb about it. And to end this, I then called the manager to explain what happened during my stay: the dirty room, the wait, the bugs, the service and first he said he wouldn't do anything, but then he said he'll send me a letter for a discount for my next visit. It has been a month and I am still waiing for that letter. :o/

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!