“Recently remodeled, yet already needs a couple repairs.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Towson
NJ
“Recently remodeled, yet already needs a couple repairs.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This motel is literally adjacent to the Beltway, but it's still kind of a long haul over to Hampden or the Inner Harbor. Despite the semi-remote location, we liked the price ($75/night) so ended up here. The hotel looks recently remodeled, meaning all furnishings and carpets look new and all walls look recently painted, etc., yet it still bears some painted-over hallmarks of a kind of cheap motel, like cheap metal plates around the knob of the door to our room. The room itself had a couple of problems, starting with a semi-broken heating/cooling unit. What was broken was the temperature control knob. The knob to turn the heat (or cooling) on or off worked, but there was no ability to adjust the temperature. Also, the shower drained incredibly slowly; after a 5 minute shower there was 6 inches of water in the tub. The bed pillows are little squares, not rectangles. I found them uncomfortable, but the beds and linens were comfortable enough. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave, and the hotel offers free unsecured WiFi. This is not shown on the website, so it was a nice bonus. Breakfast is also included, although we didn't try it. All in all, a decent bang for the buck.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here a couple night ago. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was a grade above most Comfort Inns. Eggs, bacon were very good; also had waffles and good assortment of pastries. This is a great value and good property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our stay was very pleasant. The room was nice and clean, housekeeping did an excellent job and they were very courteous!!! The hotel is also in a great location, being close to the highway was definitely a plus for us for our traveling needs. Our only negative comment is for the front desk. We were very dissatisfied with the treatment we received when we checked in. We stood at the desk for more time then we should have while the two clerks, basically ignored us. The young man was faxing something for another guest at the time and the other attendant was preparing to leave for the day. She said goodbye to her co-worker, but did not bother to mention that there were guest waiting to be assisted, so we continued to wait patiently for the clerk. When the young man finally came to assist us there was no thank you for your patience, welcome in, NOTHING !! In fact he looked very disinterested, annoyed and bothered by our presence. Then he hands me the registration card and just told me to sign it. He didn't explain anything, just handed me the keys and went to the next guest. I understand that we all have bad days, but common courtesy goes a long way, especially at the front desk. They were the first people we saw after a very long drive and we wish we had a better welcome in. But other then this incident we had a blast and everything was Great !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here. For. 2 nights. Really clean rooms confy beds cant. Complain with the service. Housekeeping good job. Breakfast. Didnt. Like. The eggs Bit ok. Really recomendable.
Plus os recently remodel i think. They did a good Job. Just need ti check the hallways seiling. Minors. Details for maintanence.

• Stayed September 2012
naija 4 life
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had to attend a church program at RCCG Abundant Life Parish. Harford Road Parkville MD so i checked in on September 22nd by 7pm and checked out around 10am.
It was a wonderful night of bliss for my wife and my 4month-old baby girl. The check in time was short since we had already booked a reservation. We got a fabulous room with 2 queen beds. 32inch LCD TV, microwave, non smoking,air conditioning was cool,hair dryer,refrigerator, and the sheets were clean. My baby girl started babbling in hilarious tones and i read that as a mark of approval. My wife was excited and i saw honeymoon glow in her eyes.
What can i say, our little 4month old slept like the baby that she is all night long, which was rare. My wife and i wished the night lasted for like 72hrs. It was quiet and cozy all night long. Safe and secured.
The complimentary breakfast was tantalizing and as good as any 5 star hotel.
Hmmmm now we are back in Bowie and we have agreed that Comfort Inn gave us a royal treat for less than a 100$ we paid for the night.
I FULLY RECOMMEND IT TO YOU ALL OUT THERE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived from norfolk,va @ 5am...first they did not have my reservations or a room available. The manager harry was very rude & seems to not care. I called the reservation dept & they said it was in the system & they should have it. Harry & the representative went back & fourth about this for bout 15min. Finally when the phone representative told me to call consumer relations, harry found a room for me. Unfortunately, the room had bed bugs. I noticed this as I was laying in the bed & seen the little "crab-like" insect crawling across my pillow. I recorded it & had a employee witness it. I checked out of the room. But the manager paras would only give me back half of my money & asked that I dont file a complaint. However, I will be in contact with customer relations tommorrow.

• Stayed September 2012
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place is very nice comfortable quiet and have speedy service. Its peaceful friendly staff and people. Everything was good nothing happen during my stay here staff is also helpful and caring when you ask a question.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Towson? Share your experiences!