“Solid Pub Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“Solid Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has been here since my pre-marriage days and that's a long time - though it was recently rebuilt after a fire. Was here a few weeks ago for quite meal on a Friday night - lot's of TV's, reasonable prices. Good place to watch the game with friends!

Visited September 2013

58% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good for drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A very good bar for specials on drinks. As for food, come before 8pm.
I have gotten some food here after the "main" food period, but it was still pretty good. The only issue I have is that it's a little more expensive than bars that offer decent/good food in the area. $10 a burger? Rip-off, CVP's depends on inebriated clients to fund the high prices.
Other than the high food costs, I really do love CVP for their specials and college orient.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Its a standard college pub that wants to be more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

So we have been eyeing this place for some time now and several people have told us that it was good. So with good expectations, we decided to try it out since we were in the neighborhood. We definitely got there at a good time because it appeared to be rather empty. This changed pretty quickly by the time we left. They serve fairly standard bar fare and of course offer a wide variety of beeandr and beverages.
Now on to the food. I ordered the mozzarella sticks which came out overcooked. Based on what I did taste, they may have been good had they not be ruined. My wife ordered the crab dip which we were told was a very popular item. Two scoops into it she remarked that it was rather salty. Halfway into it, she cohld no longer eat it due to the saltiness. The appetizers were a bust. For the meal I ordered a cheese steak that was supposed to have some fries in it. While I can say that the sub was good, I counted 4 fries in there which was disappointing considering that fries was part of the name. The wife ordered the turkey rachel on rye which is basically a rueben. She said it was just a rueben.... Nothing special. Following that, she remarked that there wasn't any particular reason to ever come back. I agree because there wasn't anything memorable about the visit. It takes more than making some funny names for your meals to stand out but maybe for the typical college crowd, the food is merely incidental during the course of drinking so it just has to be filling.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Towson, Maryland
“The food is excellent and they have great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I got to try some of their offerings when they came to our apartment building. it was a sponsored event where neighborhood restaurants were invited to come and offer samples of their food and drink. I was impressed so we went a couple months later in August and had a great time.

Visited August 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It depends what you are looking for..but, this was good for us. The burgers were very good and our waiter (lucas) was attentive and friendly. The bar was crowded and loud with people standing quite close to ou table. Their was a band in the dining room and a lot of socializing going on around us. But, we had 3 families and many children and their occasional loudness went unnoticed by all other patrons. The nachos and burgers and chicken fingers were all great. The burgers way above average. Happening place, good fit for us.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Charles Village Pub: Towson? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Charles Village Pub: Towson, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.