“Excellent quality food and ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Troia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent quality food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our first visit to Cafe Troia and we will be going back. The food quality, presentation, service, and ambiance are all first rate. The menu also offers a nice variety of choices at different price points, for those who may be looking for an excellent quality meal for a reasonable price.

NYC area
“Very average restaurant on a Saturday night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant appears quite over-rated based on other ratings. If you think a good restaurant means waiters in tuxes, tablecloths, some gold flashes and waiters who have big voices and personalities , then you might like this place. But the bottom line is that they squeeze tables to close, the waiters are mediocre at best and the food is quite average. I wondered why I could make a reservation at the last minute for a somewhat large party and I found out why - locals know it's not the place to go.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful place to have a dinner. The food is great, the service is awesome. In the summer they have an outside terrace open. The Sangria's are perfect. Two appetizers are must have: grilled Caesar sald and grilled calamari. Its unlike anything else I've tried anywhere.

New York
“Lovely place to celebrate...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently enjoyed a family celebration at Cafe Troia and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. The service was excellent, the ambiance was lovely (we sat in the lower level) and the food was outstanding.
The grilled calamari was tender with great flavor, the beef carpaccio outstanding, and the misto provided a variety of appetizer selections... all delicious. For our main courses, we had osso buco, lobster with pasta (special) and the tuna with pasta. Everything was over the top good. There was so much lobster in the special that we all had a taste.
My only regret is that we didn't have time to listen to the live music, after dinner.
We will definitely return to Cafe Troia!

Bel Air, Maryland
“Less than hospitable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had an early dinner here in early January of 2013. Lobster bisque and ravioli were poor. Dark in color, lack of fresh lobster flavor, very strong, bitter nutmeg-ish flavor. Absent was the customary finish of a sherry or cognac. My wife and I failed to finish the bisque (very rare) and she ate only a few bites of the ravioli. I had the Linguine con Vongole alla Positano requesting they add shrimp which they did (4 16/20 for an additional $8.00 Reasonable I felt.) The linguini was good, clams fresh thoiugh gritty, the shrimp had not been properly deveined so there was a grittiness to them as well. Over all I liked my dish. The Maitre D said to my wife: "You didn't like your ravioli did you?" She replied No I did not. No apology, no offer of anything else, no adjustment nothing. The Hostess asked us on our way out (in front of a woman who appeared to be either an owner or manager) How was everything? to which I replied we did not enjoy the bisque or the ravioli and could not finish them they were so poor. Again, nothing. I am not a free-loader and understand margins in the restaurant business are hard to come by so I am not complaining we didn't get free food or something comp'd but when you ask how the food was and get a negative response you have to at least apologize. No one in this restaurant even acknowledged that sub-par food was unacceptable. For us we will not return and for the money ($73.00 for 2 soups, an appetizer and an entree, no liquor) I was really put off. Our waiter served soupe, served our meals,as he served the meal he refilled our drinks and we never saw him or anyone else until it was time to pay. Not my definition of hospitality.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cafe Troia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cafe Troia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.