“Warning: Your Neighbors Can Hear You Loud and Clear!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Towson
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Warning: Your Neighbors Can Hear You Loud and Clear!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel needs some serious work. It looks old and uncared for. Front desk staff seems uptight and not at all welcoming.

The vent in the bathroom was falling off and the drain in the tub must have been clogged because the water level took forever to come down after I took a bath at night. When I took a shower in the morning, the temperature would drop very quickly so I had to keep turning the lever to get it hot. Then it would immediately get piping hot. It was either too hot or lukewarm the whole time. Never the right temperature.

The worst part about my hotel stay was the noise. As I lay in bed, I could clearly hear the people next door - every word - as if they were in my room. It wasn't because they were being noisy our loud. They were just having a normal conversation. I don't know how anyone could make walls that allow so much sound to permeate. Even cubicle dividers could protect more privacy than the walls at this Sheraton.

If you choose to stay this hotel, just be aware that your neighbors can hear everything you say or do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Sheraton Baltimore North. I want to apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. The physical issues and staffing issues experienced are unacceptable. The physical oens should have been reported and corrected prior to your arrival. As far as the staffing, there is no excuse for them to not allow you to feel warm and welcomed. It is our goal to make sure all of our guest receive a positive and friendly welcome and it is obvious that we failed you here. These will be reviewed with those responsible and again I apologize for this. We are in the process of making some beautiful upgrades to our property and do hope that you will give us a second chance and come check them out. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Passing through Towson with a friend, wanting to visit Hampton Historical Site, we hadn't really planned to stay here but it seemed a good deal for a large city hotel. We were very impressed, especially by the friendliness of the staff. They were charming and super-helpful in recommending restaurants and offered us a free shuttle ride to one - except the bus broke down but that wasn't their fault. The room and bathrooms were spacious, if a tiny bit run-down (spotted some peeling wallpaper) and fine for an overnight stay, with a great view of the sunset as a bonus. The fitness room was modern and adequate and the pool (which we didn't try) a nice size. The car parking, in a multi-storey, was secure and easy and reasonable for the location at around $8. Very good shopping nearby - some accessed by a bridge from the hotel and we ended up walking not too far to a pleasant Italian restaurant, a good suggestion from the hotel. Next morning's hotel buffet breakfast was around $13 for all-you-can-eat. The food was average but I'd say that was very pretty good value compared to similar places and the young waiter was delightful. This would be a useful alternative to staying downtown. Will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and got a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We are so happy you had the opportunity to experience our hotel during your visit to historic Hampton. Our hotel is an awesome alternative to staying right in the city as we are close to the city and also have so much to offer in walking distance as well. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your pleasant experience with everyone. We always love when our guests have the opportunity to enjoy the local area as you did because it has so much to offer. We are also about to make some major upgrades to our hotel rooms, hallways, and public spaces so we will correct that peeling wallpaper you saw! We do hope you will come back to enjoy these improvements. Thank you again for your time, we will make sure the staff has the chance to enjoy your comments as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Overall a pleasant stay. Was travelling for work, so didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel. Room appeared clean and was spacious. Bed was comfortable. Room service was decent. Gym was a decent size- 4 treadmills, 3 epticals, 2 bikes and a cross-weight machine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Cleanliness is something that we feel is incredibly important and we happy to know that you noticed how much pride we take in it. I have shared your positive comment with our housekeeping staff which they always love to hear. We appreciate your lovely comments and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time here with us. Our fitness center powered by core Performance is one of our signature Sheraton programs. It was recently renovated with all new machines and we are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of it on your trip. Thank you again for your time and feedback. Come back and see us again soon!
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here on a pleasure trip to DC. It is a nice hotel with courteous staff, clean rooms, gymnasium and a swimming pool! That night the hotel was full of people on a guided tour to DC so it was little crowded but I think the hotel is in a decent place and is very affordable for Sheraton brand!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Being close to both DC and Baltimore without paying city prices is one of the many perks to staying at Sheraton Baltimore North and we are happy that you were able to take advantage of our location. Thank you for taking your time to complete a review about your experience and provide us with your feedback. We do hope you will come and see us again soon!
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for parents weekend @ Towson University. Room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable; pillows were great! Staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel; we'll stay here again next time we're in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review and are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. It means a lot to us that you took the time to provide us with positive feedback! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Roxbury, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is in a great location directly attached to a Mall via a sky bridge. We used to stay here most times when we visit our daughter at a local University but after our last visit we have found alternate accommodations. The hotel is in need of repairs/facelift. During our last stay the carpet in the hallways bubbled up all over the place and it looks tired and old. Fans were running in one hallway. I don't know if water leaked in from the outside or had interior water leak? The price has jumped as well and the parking is no longer free. The staff is not the problem (they have always been very attentive to our needs) its the building and facilities that hurt this property. This Sheraton needs help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
I am always delighted to hear guests compliment the staff as they do work very hard to provide exceptional customer service to our guests. Thank you for that as I will definitely share your feedback with them. I am happy to let you know that we agree that the property is in need of some love and we are just on the verge of starting some very exciting projects. The first of these is completing redoing the guest hallways including carpet, wall paper, and light fixtures. After this there are many more upgrades to come. I do hope you will come back to see these improvements. Thanks!
Clinton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was recovering from a minor surgical procedure and was waiting for housekeeping to clean the room so we would leave while she cleaned, we waited till she was next door and went to hang in the lobby. Came back and room still not cleaned it was now 5pm called the front desk md instead of saying we will take care of it I was told "there is nothing I can do they leave at 5" and the front desk was going to leave it at that until I said really because she's at the end of the hall, I had to offer the solution. Then the Monday morning I got up to get breakfast in the club lounge only to find cold coffee cold eggs and bacon no toast bagels and the place a mess, called down and was told the employee had called out that day, again no solutions offered until I said something at checkout then was offered free breakfast vouchers but I was already on our way out of the hotel. Also I was on bed rest for two days and would have loved movie selections to purchase but there were none. Oh and the room service food arrived cold. The mattress was so hard I had to wake up several times during the night to sit up in a chair until my back stopped hurting.

Rooms were clean at least

Stayed September 2013
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I want to take the time to apologize to you for the issues that you experienced at the Sheraton Baltimore North. We strive to provide each of our guests with a positive and memorable stay and we obviously failed you at this. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention so that we may coach those individuals who did not provide you with excellent customer service. There is no reason for the staff to not be more accommodating to your needs as we teach that on a daily basis to them. Again thank you and please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel so we can further discuss your stay. I do hope to hear from you soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!