“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here on a pleasure trip to DC. It is a nice hotel with courteous staff, clean rooms, gymnasium and a swimming pool! That night the hotel was full of people on a guided tour to DC so it was little crowded but I think the hotel is in a decent place and is very affordable for Sheraton brand!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Being close to both DC and Baltimore without paying city prices is one of the many perks to staying at Sheraton Baltimore North and we are happy that you were able to take advantage of our location. Thank you for taking your time to complete a review about your experience and provide us with your feedback. We do hope you will come and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for parents weekend @ Towson University. Room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable; pillows were great! Staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel; we'll stay here again next time we're in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review and are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. It means a lot to us that you took the time to provide us with positive feedback! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Roxbury, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is in a great location directly attached to a Mall via a sky bridge. We used to stay here most times when we visit our daughter at a local University but after our last visit we have found alternate accommodations. The hotel is in need of repairs/facelift. During our last stay the carpet in the hallways bubbled up all over the place and it looks tired and old. Fans were running in one hallway. I don't know if water leaked in from the outside or had interior water leak? The price has jumped as well and the parking is no longer free. The staff is not the problem (they have always been very attentive to our needs) its the building and facilities that hurt this property. This Sheraton needs help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
I am always delighted to hear guests compliment the staff as they do work very hard to provide exceptional customer service to our guests. Thank you for that as I will definitely share your feedback with them. I am happy to let you know that we agree that the property is in need of some love and we are just on the verge of starting some very exciting projects. The first of these is completing redoing the guest hallways including carpet, wall paper, and light fixtures. After this there are many more upgrades to come. I do hope you will come back to see these improvements. Thanks!
Clinton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was recovering from a minor surgical procedure and was waiting for housekeeping to clean the room so we would leave while she cleaned, we waited till she was next door and went to hang in the lobby. Came back and room still not cleaned it was now 5pm called the front desk md instead of saying we will take care of it I was told "there is nothing I can do they leave at 5" and the front desk was going to leave it at that until I said really because she's at the end of the hall, I had to offer the solution. Then the Monday morning I got up to get breakfast in the club lounge only to find cold coffee cold eggs and bacon no toast bagels and the place a mess, called down and was told the employee had called out that day, again no solutions offered until I said something at checkout then was offered free breakfast vouchers but I was already on our way out of the hotel. Also I was on bed rest for two days and would have loved movie selections to purchase but there were none. Oh and the room service food arrived cold. The mattress was so hard I had to wake up several times during the night to sit up in a chair until my back stopped hurting.

Rooms were clean at least

Stayed September 2013
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I want to take the time to apologize to you for the issues that you experienced at the Sheraton Baltimore North. We strive to provide each of our guests with a positive and memorable stay and we obviously failed you at this. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention so that we may coach those individuals who did not provide you with excellent customer service. There is no reason for the staff to not be more accommodating to your needs as we teach that on a daily basis to them. Again thank you and please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel so we can further discuss your stay. I do hope to hear from you soon!
Bracknell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton a number of times and overall the stay has always been a pleasant one. It is located just down from the centre of Towson, and is only 5 minutes away from a number of very good restaurants such as Stoney River, PF Changs and the The Cheesecake Factory. It is also linked to the shopping mall via a walk way, so it is in a very convenient location. The best aspect of the hotel are the beds, which are huge and extremely comfortable, the rooms and decor are also of an acceptable standard; but the overall decor of the hotel is starting to look a little bit dated. As you would expect, the service and assistance provided by the staff are top notch, and the need for a tip is never pushed, which makes giving it more of a pleasure. So, all in all staying at the hotel is a pleasure, it could just do with a bit of a make over.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel! The beds at Sheraton are just one of the many signature programs that we offer and made exclusively for us! We also have all of our beds and bedding available on our website for purchase. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon!
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We met an old friend for Sunday brunch at the start of September. Had to wait 10 minutes for a table even though there weren't very many people in there. We all had a combination of cooked breakfasts. The scrambled eggs were cold, and so were the hash browns. The worst thing was our tea and coffee was served in polystyrene cups - the waiter told us they had run out of proper ones!!! Not what I would expect from any hotel never mind a Sheraton. I'd never known anything like it. And the whole meal cost over $70 for 5 of us. Not even any money off for not having proper crockery....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I want to extend a very sincere apology for the terrible experience you had in our restaurant. I am just appalled that this occurred in my hotel and would love the opportunity to make it right for you. I have shared your comments with the food and beverage team for follow up. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and do hope you will give us another chance.
Phoenix AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. You can walk across the walkway to the mall - Nordstorms etc and The Fresh Market is also across the street - they make GREAT sandwoiches and wraps - I picked up lunch most days there. Front desk were very friendly and helpful. The last day I was not feeling well and they allowed me to stay until 2pm.

Room Tip: Not sure on this - I didn't do much exploring. PleASe be aware there is a parking charge and I h...