“Beds are awesome, could do with an update....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Bracknell
“Beds are awesome, could do with an update....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton a number of times and overall the stay has always been a pleasant one. It is located just down from the centre of Towson, and is only 5 minutes away from a number of very good restaurants such as Stoney River, PF Changs and the The Cheesecake Factory. It is also linked to the shopping mall via a walk way, so it is in a very convenient location. The best aspect of the hotel are the beds, which are huge and extremely comfortable, the rooms and decor are also of an acceptable standard; but the overall decor of the hotel is starting to look a little bit dated. As you would expect, the service and assistance provided by the staff are top notch, and the need for a tip is never pushed, which makes giving it more of a pleasure. So, all in all staying at the hotel is a pleasure, it could just do with a bit of a make over.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel! The beds at Sheraton are just one of the many signature programs that we offer and made exclusively for us! We also have all of our beds and bedding available on our website for purchase. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We met an old friend for Sunday brunch at the start of September. Had to wait 10 minutes for a table even though there weren't very many people in there. We all had a combination of cooked breakfasts. The scrambled eggs were cold, and so were the hash browns. The worst thing was our tea and coffee was served in polystyrene cups - the waiter told us they had run out of proper ones!!! Not what I would expect from any hotel never mind a Sheraton. I'd never known anything like it. And the whole meal cost over $70 for 5 of us. Not even any money off for not having proper crockery....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I want to extend a very sincere apology for the terrible experience you had in our restaurant. I am just appalled that this occurred in my hotel and would love the opportunity to make it right for you. I have shared your comments with the food and beverage team for follow up. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and do hope you will give us another chance.
Phoenix AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. You can walk across the walkway to the mall - Nordstorms etc and The Fresh Market is also across the street - they make GREAT sandwoiches and wraps - I picked up lunch most days there. Front desk were very friendly and helpful. The last day I was not feeling well and they allowed me to stay until 2pm.

Room Tip: Not sure on this - I didn't do much exploring. PleASe be aware there is a parking charge and I h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We really enjoyed an appreciated your review about your experience with our hotel. We love that you enjoyed our Sheraton sweet sleeper beds and that you were able to enjoy the awesome local shopping. We too love the market across the street as well! Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel.
Pros
Spacious rooms
Free high speed wifi
Starbucks coffe supplied
Next to Towson Town Center
Small swimming pool

Cons
Very very noisy
Shower could be better
USD 9 per night for the garage, just park your car down the street for free

Room Tip: Avoid odd rooms which face Fairmount Avenue
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your well rounded review. I always enjoy reading about the positives but equally need to hear about where we can make improvements. By hearing the experience from our guests' perspective we are enabled to make our product better. Thank you again for your time and feedback and we hope to service your hospitality needs again!
West Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My check-in was nice, the lobby was nice; they upgraded me to a club room on the 11th floor and the room looked very nice. Those were the pros.

The cons: the room was noisy. Even on the 11th floor the street noise was loud. The walls are thin so all noise from adjoining rooms and hallways come through loud & clear. All doors slam. The internet is very (very) slow. The room was hot & stuffy, so I lowered the temperature setting; the fan stopped at 74 degrees, keeping the room hot & stuffy. The shower is nice, but severely flow restricted; tough to shampoo.

New from the Sheraton - no check-out bill under the door. Your choice (if they remember to tell you) is to check-out at the front desk or get the bill emailed. It's like going back in time a couple decades. I think I'm done with Sheratons.

Room Tip: Get a room on a very high floor away from the main road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you had a positive check in experience but from your comments it seems that the positives stopped there. For this I want to apologize as it is always our goal to make sure all of our guests have a positively memorable stay which was not the case you for. The main issue from your comments was from noise, something that all hotels must find a way to deal with. We do our best to assign rooms to our guests in a way that limits their effect on one another. I apologize that we were not successful at this during your stay. As far as the issues with room temperature, we do check our heating and cooling units regularly and do want to apologize that you were unable to reach a level of comfort during your stay. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so that we can follow up. I do hope we can see you again in the future.
boston ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here one in September to attend a friends father's funeral.
Arrived at noon and the room was ready!!!
Clean rooms, clean public areas, very nice club room evening appetizers and breakfast.
Walkway to largest mall in Maryland. Nice Nordstroms and PF Changs a stones throw away.
But what makes this hotel is the staff.
Wonderful Helpful Honest Friendly
Really the best hotel staff I have encountered in a while.
I left my kindle in the room and after I checked out I called the housekeeping department.
They not only had my kindle but were about to call me and then fed ex'd it to me!!
The best!!
Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the busy street towards the parking garage for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Positive feedback is always the best to read and I truly enjoyed reading your review. People do make the difference and I have printed and posted your review so the associates can see what a difference they can make for our guests. We have an awesome group of staff members and I am glad you were able to experience this not only during your stay but afterwards when dealing with your lost and found item. It's comments like this that make me really proud of our team.

Thank you for taking your time to share this experience with us, it means a lot to us. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay as that is our goal for every guest. We hope to see you again soon!
mission hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed here twice i the past six months for business. The lobby and rooms are nothing to write home about, but the beds (in true starwood fashion) are quite comfortable. As others have commented, the front desk staff is very frendly and my check in on both occassions was quick and welcoming. I was surprised at check out during my August trip, however (which, admittedly was very early in the am) to see the front desk clerk repeatedly go out the back door (toward the mall) maybe to smoke and then to run in if/when she saw someone. I was waiting for some time before she saw me the first time (she was in the back office then) and then witnessed her going in and out while i stayed in the lobby waiting for a companion. As a Starwood gold member I appreciated the upgrades to club level--the lounge is clean and inviting. Was surprised at how long it took housekeeping to pick up trash in the hallways (dinner leftovers from the mall across the street) on two occassions.

I will definitely stay here again for business due to convenience and friendliness of staff. The rooms are adequate for business and the good nights' sleep appreciated!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with some well rounded feedback. I always appreciate it when we get to hear the good and the not so good. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and our service and this review is one that will really help us to do that.

Thank you for the compliments, we appreciate them and will pass those along to our associates. We also thank you for bringing the not so good to our attention. We will definitely look into these and act on them to ensure they improve.

We appreciate the time and thought that went into your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!