“Hotel aims to please” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Toronto
“Hotel aims to please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights for dual reasons. My husband was there on business. I was there on vacation. What I liked: we were given a bigger room due to the two of us being there. The variety store seemed to be open at all hours - very convenient. Free WIFI throughout the hotel, computer availability in a computer lounge area with free printing access, a limited number but free newspapers on every floor, the meet and greet happy hour in the afternoon on one of the weeknights was a nice feature that created a B&B feeling and although we didn't try it out there were a few people milling about relaxing and taking it all in. The indoor pool I enjoyed as well as the 24 hour gym that is well stocked with towels, water and headphones (loved the tv on my bicycle machine). The hotel is placed right across the street from the mall and is maybe a 10 minute walk over to Barnes and Noble. There is also a plaza with some interesting stores and a great supermarket. My only complaint is that after 4 days the ice machine on our floor was still not working.

Room Tip: Check the air conditioner so that you understand how it works before going to sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and we enjoyed reading your positive feedback. Thank you for taking your time to share this review, it means a lot to us. We also appreciate the comment in regards to the ice machine and will definitely follow up as to why it took so long for this issue to be corrected. Thank you for brining this to our attention. We hope to you again for future stays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located with so many fine restaurants and shopping. You don't have to go far to find anything. The bar tender is right on point with his demeanor as well as his drinks. The room service staff were extremely friendly and the food was very tasty. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. Some of the rooms have new very nice clean carpets. I must say I've stayed here 3 times in the last 3 months and I did get one room on the 3rd floor where the carpet needed updating. The overall hotel is very nice and clean and I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us. It is always our goal to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stay and we always love to hear about when they were. Thank you again for your time and your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Everything about my actual stay from check in to check out was great. But when I arrived home I realized that I had forgotten something. I called the hotel and was told they had it. They took my name and address and said they were going to mail it to me. Two weeks later I had not received the item so I called the hotel, left a message and my call was never returned. Another call back two weeks later I finally learned to my surprise the item was never mailed. They had no evidence of the first person I talked to. I once again gave someone my name and address but this time the person wanted my credit card number to bill me. fine, as the item would cost $150 to replace. 1.5 months later I finally receive my item and was charged ~$20. Overall It was my fault I forgot the item but for one person to say they are going to straight send me the item without billing me and another much later to bill me after they never sent the item back to me last month after I spoke with the first person is just bad business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience through your review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time while staying with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced in attempting to have your item returned to you. I will definitely follow up with our lost and found department to see where the breakdown of communication was and ensure that this type of event does not occur again. Typically guests are responsible for the cost of the shipping for lost and found items however, this should have ben communicated to you by the first person you spoke with. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that it can be addressed. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it allows us to know where we are doing a great job and what areas can still use enhancements. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the beds to ample room space, it was a very comfortable stay. Terrific as well that the AC could crank to stay hot on the sweltering days. Only negative is that you have to pay for parking, which is unusual given the location in the suburbs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It is always a joy to us when we receive such complimentary reviews as yours. All of our associates work hard to provide our guests with a warm and welcoming environment and I feel as though we were successful in creating that type of experience for you.

Unfortunately, we do not manage the parking garage and have no control over the pricing of it. There are many benefits that you do receive from parking in the garage as it is patrolled by security 24 hours a day and it does provide a covered area to protect your vehicle. Thank you for sharing your perspective on the garage with us so we can have a better understanding of how our guests feel about it.

Thank you again for your complimentary review, I will enjoy sharing it with the staff! We hope to see you again soon!
Rego Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you have business or are attending an event at Goucher College, this is the place to be. I left my car in the parking lot and walked for five minutes until I reached the college gate, and then another five minutes to reach any building on campus. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the concierge extremely helpful. There were two minor glitches and they were taken care of immediately. Having said all that, the place could use a little remodeling and some sprucing up. Everything is clean, but the carpeting and wallpaper are older, and there is something dowdy in the appearance of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are grateful to you for taking your time to express your satisfaction with your recent experience at our hotel. Being convenient to Goucher College is one of the many advantages to staying at the Sheraton Baltimore North hotel and we honor the relationships that we develop with the parent's of students attending the college. We often times become their home away from home during the duration of time their children attend the school and it is great having familiar faces come to stay with us during this time.

In regards to your comments about the hotel décor we are excited to inform you that we have started to complete renovations that will extend over the next few years. Currently we are replacing the carpets in all of our guest rooms and will continue to make more improvements to the rooms soon. Included in the upgrades are the guest corridors, club lounge, meeting space, vending areas, and front desk. We hope you will come back and visit us over the next few years and be able to enjoy these enhancements.

Thank you again for your time and feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
HURLOCK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a corner suite with double beds and a sitting area with 2 chairs and table. Windows looking in 2 different directions. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I saw a couple of people with dogs so it is pet friendly. There is a $9 per day charge for parking, something I've never heard of a hotel doing. This isn't made known when you book the room, so take that into consideration if you'll be parking there. There was almost no sound from the air conditioner vents so if you like the soothing sound of a fan to sleep you need to take your own sleep machine.

Room Tip: Corner suite had plenty of room and nice views, and is near the elevator. That can mean more noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. We are always delighted to learn when our guests enjoyed their time with us and truly appreciate your efforts in writing a review. We strive to provide each of our guests with a memorable stay and love when we have comments to share with our staff in regards to the stay. I have also noted your feedback in regards to the parking charges not being noted when you booked your reservation so I can see if that is something we can change. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Thank you once again for your time and comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had to visit our son and wanted to take our 50 lb. dog. We were nervous about what type of accommodations we would have to book. After some research, we found this Sheraton. There is no charge for your pet. We had a very nice room and one that you would not have known was a room for dogs. Very clean and updated. The restaurant served us (with dog) on the outdoor terrace of the restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Minutes to Baltimore city. Only drawback, walls are a little thin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are happy to know you and your pet enjoyed their experience with us at Sheraton Baltimore North! Sheraton is proud to be a pet friendly hotel and welcome our guests and their furry friends. Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, we appreciate it! Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!