“Great Stay with a bad after taste...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
New York City, New York
“Great Stay with a bad after taste...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Everything about my actual stay from check in to check out was great. But when I arrived home I realized that I had forgotten something. I called the hotel and was told they had it. They took my name and address and said they were going to mail it to me. Two weeks later I had not received the item so I called the hotel, left a message and my call was never returned. Another call back two weeks later I finally learned to my surprise the item was never mailed. They had no evidence of the first person I talked to. I once again gave someone my name and address but this time the person wanted my credit card number to bill me. fine, as the item would cost $150 to replace. 1.5 months later I finally receive my item and was charged ~$20. Overall It was my fault I forgot the item but for one person to say they are going to straight send me the item without billing me and another much later to bill me after they never sent the item back to me last month after I spoke with the first person is just bad business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience through your review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time while staying with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced in attempting to have your item returned to you. I will definitely follow up with our lost and found department to see where the breakdown of communication was and ensure that this type of event does not occur again. Typically guests are responsible for the cost of the shipping for lost and found items however, this should have ben communicated to you by the first person you spoke with. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that it can be addressed. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it allows us to know where we are doing a great job and what areas can still use enhancements. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the beds to ample room space, it was a very comfortable stay. Terrific as well that the AC could crank to stay hot on the sweltering days. Only negative is that you have to pay for parking, which is unusual given the location in the suburbs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It is always a joy to us when we receive such complimentary reviews as yours. All of our associates work hard to provide our guests with a warm and welcoming environment and I feel as though we were successful in creating that type of experience for you.

Unfortunately, we do not manage the parking garage and have no control over the pricing of it. There are many benefits that you do receive from parking in the garage as it is patrolled by security 24 hours a day and it does provide a covered area to protect your vehicle. Thank you for sharing your perspective on the garage with us so we can have a better understanding of how our guests feel about it.

Thank you again for your complimentary review, I will enjoy sharing it with the staff! We hope to see you again soon!
Rego Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you have business or are attending an event at Goucher College, this is the place to be. I left my car in the parking lot and walked for five minutes until I reached the college gate, and then another five minutes to reach any building on campus. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the concierge extremely helpful. There were two minor glitches and they were taken care of immediately. Having said all that, the place could use a little remodeling and some sprucing up. Everything is clean, but the carpeting and wallpaper are older, and there is something dowdy in the appearance of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are grateful to you for taking your time to express your satisfaction with your recent experience at our hotel. Being convenient to Goucher College is one of the many advantages to staying at the Sheraton Baltimore North hotel and we honor the relationships that we develop with the parent's of students attending the college. We often times become their home away from home during the duration of time their children attend the school and it is great having familiar faces come to stay with us during this time.

In regards to your comments about the hotel décor we are excited to inform you that we have started to complete renovations that will extend over the next few years. Currently we are replacing the carpets in all of our guest rooms and will continue to make more improvements to the rooms soon. Included in the upgrades are the guest corridors, club lounge, meeting space, vending areas, and front desk. We hope you will come back and visit us over the next few years and be able to enjoy these enhancements.

Thank you again for your time and feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
HURLOCK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a corner suite with double beds and a sitting area with 2 chairs and table. Windows looking in 2 different directions. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I saw a couple of people with dogs so it is pet friendly. There is a $9 per day charge for parking, something I've never heard of a hotel doing. This isn't made known when you book the room, so take that into consideration if you'll be parking there. There was almost no sound from the air conditioner vents so if you like the soothing sound of a fan to sleep you need to take your own sleep machine.

Room Tip: Corner suite had plenty of room and nice views, and is near the elevator. That can mean more noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. We are always delighted to learn when our guests enjoyed their time with us and truly appreciate your efforts in writing a review. We strive to provide each of our guests with a memorable stay and love when we have comments to share with our staff in regards to the stay. I have also noted your feedback in regards to the parking charges not being noted when you booked your reservation so I can see if that is something we can change. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Thank you once again for your time and comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had to visit our son and wanted to take our 50 lb. dog. We were nervous about what type of accommodations we would have to book. After some research, we found this Sheraton. There is no charge for your pet. We had a very nice room and one that you would not have known was a room for dogs. Very clean and updated. The restaurant served us (with dog) on the outdoor terrace of the restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Minutes to Baltimore city. Only drawback, walls are a little thin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are happy to know you and your pet enjoyed their experience with us at Sheraton Baltimore North! Sheraton is proud to be a pet friendly hotel and welcome our guests and their furry friends. Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, we appreciate it! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for a wedding and had a nice stay. Rooms are a little larger than average. Ours had a sitting area past the beds near the windows that really give the room some extra space. Check in/check out was smooth. We were put in a Starwood Preferred room (not sure why) but the free waters and access to the club room for breakfast were nice and unexpected.

Very nice mall right across the street. Location is really more Towson than Baltimore (although maybe it's technically in Baltimore, not sure). This hotel is around 25 minutes away from the Inner Harbor area.

Hotel could probably use a little updating, especially the elevators. But overall, nice stay. We'd go back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review about your recent experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and love to hear about your stay from your perspective. It thrills us to know that you enjoyed your time and with us and will be again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable please feel free to contact me directly prior to your arrival. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My title says it all!!!
we were in town for a soccer tournament so kid noise is expected. We had the floor from hell. there were little kids running the calls till midnight. multiple calls to security did not help.
Our AC did not work!
We were awakened by sound of police and ambulance at 2AM because there was a stabbing in the lobby bar.
stay away!

Room Tip: stay off the third floor! Pool and gym access makes this a crazy floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay. I wanted to inform you that the information provided here is inaccurate and not true. There was an isolated incident the occurred that evening between two employees in a non-guest, staff only area and everyone is okay. There was no incident in the lobby bar .

In reference to the noise, the hotel did have young soccer teams staying on the third floor and there were two calls about noise caused from some children speaking too loud late that night . Both calls were responded to timely and the parents of the children were advised to help to keep there voices down .

Every care was taken to accommodate the guests that were inconvenienced by noise that we know of . On occasion young sports teams stay at hotels ,they are excited and having fun . Hotels do the best they can to keep the environment peaceful safe and quiet especially at night . We care about your complete satisfaction so please feel free to contact me, Rebecca, at the hotel and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you again.

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!