“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Towson
HURLOCK
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a corner suite with double beds and a sitting area with 2 chairs and table. Windows looking in 2 different directions. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I saw a couple of people with dogs so it is pet friendly. There is a $9 per day charge for parking, something I've never heard of a hotel doing. This isn't made known when you book the room, so take that into consideration if you'll be parking there. There was almost no sound from the air conditioner vents so if you like the soothing sound of a fan to sleep you need to take your own sleep machine.

Room Tip: Corner suite had plenty of room and nice views, and is near the elevator. That can mean more noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. We are always delighted to learn when our guests enjoyed their time with us and truly appreciate your efforts in writing a review. We strive to provide each of our guests with a memorable stay and love when we have comments to share with our staff in regards to the stay. I have also noted your feedback in regards to the parking charges not being noted when you booked your reservation so I can see if that is something we can change. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Thank you once again for your time and comments and we hope to see you again soon!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had to visit our son and wanted to take our 50 lb. dog. We were nervous about what type of accommodations we would have to book. After some research, we found this Sheraton. There is no charge for your pet. We had a very nice room and one that you would not have known was a room for dogs. Very clean and updated. The restaurant served us (with dog) on the outdoor terrace of the restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Minutes to Baltimore city. Only drawback, walls are a little thin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are happy to know you and your pet enjoyed their experience with us at Sheraton Baltimore North! Sheraton is proud to be a pet friendly hotel and welcome our guests and their furry friends. Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, we appreciate it! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for a wedding and had a nice stay. Rooms are a little larger than average. Ours had a sitting area past the beds near the windows that really give the room some extra space. Check in/check out was smooth. We were put in a Starwood Preferred room (not sure why) but the free waters and access to the club room for breakfast were nice and unexpected.

Very nice mall right across the street. Location is really more Towson than Baltimore (although maybe it's technically in Baltimore, not sure). This hotel is around 25 minutes away from the Inner Harbor area.

Hotel could probably use a little updating, especially the elevators. But overall, nice stay. We'd go back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review about your recent experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and love to hear about your stay from your perspective. It thrills us to know that you enjoyed your time and with us and will be again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable please feel free to contact me directly prior to your arrival. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My title says it all!!!
we were in town for a soccer tournament so kid noise is expected. We had the floor from hell. there were little kids running the calls till midnight. multiple calls to security did not help.
Our AC did not work!
We were awakened by sound of police and ambulance at 2AM because there was a stabbing in the lobby bar.
stay away!

Room Tip: stay off the third floor! Pool and gym access makes this a crazy floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay. I wanted to inform you that the information provided here is inaccurate and not true. There was an isolated incident the occurred that evening between two employees in a non-guest, staff only area and everyone is okay. There was no incident in the lobby bar .

In reference to the noise, the hotel did have young soccer teams staying on the third floor and there were two calls about noise caused from some children speaking too loud late that night . Both calls were responded to timely and the parents of the children were advised to help to keep there voices down .

Every care was taken to accommodate the guests that were inconvenienced by noise that we know of . On occasion young sports teams stay at hotels ,they are excited and having fun . Hotels do the best they can to keep the environment peaceful safe and quiet especially at night . We care about your complete satisfaction so please feel free to contact me, Rebecca, at the hotel and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you again.
Bow, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed there a few times and both visits were positive. I was there on business so I wasn't able to enjoy all the amenities. There is a nice mall next door that would have been great to visit if I had more time. Rooms are clean and roomy and the bed was comfy after a long day. The staff was friendly on both occasions (at the bar, the restaurant and front desk). I will be staying in town more often and I will book here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive experience with us! Hopefully the next time you come you can enjoy the adjacent mall. It is an awesome place to shop and has so many stores. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel and were able to enjoy a nice nights rest. Have a great week and look foward to serving your hospitality needs again.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was looking at a nice hotel to stay to attend a business affair in Baltimore, that would also accomodate my rather "big" dog - my chocolate lab - without charging a fortune for a pet fee. I found this hotel and I must say my stay was rather pleasant. Nice, big, clean rooms, prompt room service - good food! - and attentive staff. My only complain would be the lack of an ice machine in the "odd" number floors - I stayed on the 5th floor, and needed to go either up or down to get ice - and the broken vending machines, that only accepted credit cards. Both the vending on my floor and the one upstairs had the credit card reader messed up. But this is only a minor quip considering the nice stay, the very good location - right in front of a huge mall, P.F. Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, Starbucks, etc. - and just a 5 minute drive to where I needed to be for business. Definitely recommend for those who are traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Stay on the "even" number floors so you can get ice without needing to go too far!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Sheraton is proud to be a pet friendly hotel and we welcome all guests with their dogs. We understand how important it is for pets to be able travel and I happy we were able to provide you with this service. I have noted your comments in regards to the ice machines and vending machines and will be looking into this. Thank you again and we look foward to your return!
Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife had just had Out Patient Surgery at Mercy Hospital and we thought we could head back home to the Eastern Shore. Our plans changed when it became obvious that time would be needed for the anesthesia to wear off before attempting our return. We got a room at the Sheraton Baltimore North in Towson, so that my wife could sleep until she metabolized the meds.
She slept and awoke at about 6 pm that evening. She could only eat broth and some crackers. I called down to the kitchen and the Chef said he would make her some chicken broth. I went down to pick it up and they had everything prepared. They gave it to me and said it was compliments of the Sheraton and they hoped my wife was better.
We choose to stay at Sheraton's all over the country because they consistently have quality rooms and services with no surprises. We will certainly be returning to the Sheraton Baltimore North where caring staff takes the time to make sure their guests are taken care of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am always thrilled to hear of service stories like yours and I am proud that the staff at Sheraton Baltimore North made you feel so welcomed! Thank you for sharing your experience and taking your time to complete a review. I hope that your wife is feeling better and I am glad that we were able to assist you during this time. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!