“Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was wonderful good customer service neat room and specious , I heard a good rate and attached to a mall through a sky walk so you don't have problem shopping the lounge was great I also use the hotel van for an appointment and was really on time

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are pleased to know that your experience was us was pleasant one and that were able to take advantage of several of the amenities we offer. The hotel shuttle is the perfect way to get around town and it is complimentary which makes it even better! We are also happy to know that you were able to enjoy the lounge which is a great benefit for those guests staying on our club level. Thank you again for your time and your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

For a hotel in this class, the Sheraton Baltimore North was quite all right. The bed was excellent, and the bathroom had been redone and was attractive and functional. I had a room near the corner, which due to the architecture had a corner effect and it was quite nice. I loved the complimentary Wifi. The breakfast buffet was also decent but not spectacular--the basics like scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffles. I stayed three nights and slept very well. In the neighborhood I recommend Cafe Troia for dinner. The mall across the street is anchored by Macy's and Nordstrom's and is pretty middle of the road. No complaints at all, but recognize this is not a luxury property.

Room Tip: Get a corner room or one that is one off the corner.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It is always a pleasure to read about a guest who had a great stay with us! We are thankful that you took your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I also really like our corner rooms, also called deluxe rooms as they provide more space than our traditional rooms. Thank you again for your time in completing this review and we hope to you again!
Shaker Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have family in Towson so we have stayed in this hotel numerous times. I have mixed reviews of this hotel. In the past I have found it to be a very noisy place to stay as there seem to be weddings there every time we are there. This means that the halls are noisy at all times of the night. This last time I decided to stay on the Club Floor which because of reduced rates was the same price as the regular room originally was so I justified the already-budgeted expense. It was much quieter although the rooms and hallway are still potentially noisy. I think people just opt for the less expensive rooms. We had our three-year-old grandson with us one night, and it was very nice to be able to get a quick breakfast in the lounge and go straight to the pool. Sadly the pool water was cold so the swim did not last long but it as a good plan.
I was frustrated when making my reservations because I kept getting different information every time I called so I recommend calling and checking on your reservation and confirming that what you want is what you are getting. I must say that guest services was very nice and accommodating and we will stay here again because we get good value for the most part. It is very conveniently located for our family members.

Room Tip: If you are not part of a wedding or any activity that will have you up late then opt for the Club Fl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the benefits of staying on our club level during your time with us. The convenience of the breakfast and evening snacks is one of the many benefits of staying on this level. Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel and we look foward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel has a very convenient location if you need to be in the Towson area. That being said the walls are so thin that you hear everything going on in the hall and next door all night long. The front desk told me that Saturday night is very busy with people staying over after events in the banquet halls. Also, they now charge for overnight parking.

Room Tip: Try and request a Club room if available....free internet, soft drinks, breakfast and apps in the ev...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your recent experience at Sheraton Baltimore North. Feedback from our guests is extremely important to us as it helps us to know what we are doing well and where we can make improvements. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and hotel! On the other side I want to apologize for the noise issues you had while staying with us. If you would like to reach out to me directly at the hotel I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Several friends were in Baltimore for a Hopkins reunion and we decided to stay at the Sheraton North in Towson. I was a bit skeptical at first after reading some of the reviews from former visitors, but it was an exceptional weekend. The hotel was booked for several weddings along with another reunion from Goucher College. Customer service was outstanding, the rooms were large and nicely decorated and this all made for a perfect weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are happy to hear to you enjoyed your time staying with us. It is always a pleasure knowing that we were able to help our guests connect and create great memories! We appreciate your time taken to complete a review and wanted to thank you. We look foward to seeing you again soon!
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had gotten such a great rate I didn't think that this hotel would be all it is. I was certain that it was ok for business travel, but I was staying there to visit with my son who attends college in Baltimore, and wanted something a little more relaxed. This place exceeded by expectations, and even though it was in a busy area of town, you wouldn't know it once you stepped inside there lovely lobby. The staff was very friendly, very helpful, the grounds were beautifully landscaped, the room was super clean. Can't say enough good things. The best part for me was that it was less than 20 minutes to the Homewood Campus for JHU. Sure beat anything price wise in the inner harbor area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. All feedback is appreciated and we definately love to read about our guests who had their expectations exceeded. Thank you for taking your time to complete a review and we look foward to seeing you again soon!
Weston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel is very nice and convenient location, but walls are very thin and people in next room sounded as though they were in our room because of the adjoining door between our rooms. I also heard conversations clearly through the vents on the top of the walls. People were loud in the hall at very late hours "room hopping". We were on 6th floor.

Room Tip: Parking in garage is $9/day unlimited in/out
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback and wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Also, we certainly apologize for the noise issues you experienced while staying with us and hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thanks again for the feedback, it lets us know what we are doing well and what we can do to improve. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!