“nice looking, but no sleep here” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Weston, MA
“nice looking, but no sleep here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel is very nice and convenient location, but walls are very thin and people in next room sounded as though they were in our room because of the adjoining door between our rooms. I also heard conversations clearly through the vents on the top of the walls. People were loud in the hall at very late hours "room hopping". We were on 6th floor.

Room Tip: Parking in garage is $9/day unlimited in/out
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Also, we certainly apologize for the noise issues you experienced while staying with us and hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thanks again for the feedback, it lets us know what we are doing well and what we can do to improve. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have you stayed with us before?" I was asked at check in."Several times," I replied. This hotel is like an old friend, comfortable and warn and quirky. Try as often as I did I could not raise the temperature in my room on a chilly night. I couldn't for the life of me get an item to print in the business center. Only one of the two in-room coffee packages I used on the first morning was replaced on the second. Vending machines aren't where the signs by the elevators say they are. But my room was large and comfortable: the staff was unfailingly pleasant. I definitely will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for completing a review about your recent experience with Sheraton Baltimore North. We received the internal survey you completed as well and just wanted to make sure you know how much we appreciate your feedback! We look foward to seeing you again soon!
Hartford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was in town for a Loyola second look weekend with my potential student. My wife and children had stayed there last year around the same time and recommended it highly. The hotel is very nice overall with a few minor issues.

When we arrived we were told there were no rooms with 2 beds available, and we were getting a room with a king. Now we didn't arrive in the middle of the night, and I suspect part of the reason my room request wasn't accommodated was that the reservation was made through Hotwire and was not a full price room. I guess I will never know. In any event, it worked out okay for us as we are both guys. Had I been traveling with my 17 year old daughter instead of my son, then a single bed might have been more problematical. The room itself was fine, with typical Sheraton decor. The tub faucet leaked but the room was mechanically fine. A little short on electrical outlets but that is to be expected given the age of the hotel I suppose. The walls are a bit thin. We could hear our adjoining neighbors quite clearly through the door that connects the adjoining rooms. They were loud and stayed up quite late. Again, not an issue for me, but it might be for an early to bed kind of person. The ice machine was also missing on our floor and I had to walk down a flight to fill the ice bucket.

Pool was very nice however the hot tub is out of service "indefinitely" due to a "broken pipe." Now, if you no longer have a hot tub, take it out of the description and don't depict it in your photos. It is misleading. After a long day of driving, I was looking forward to a nice soak. Sadly, no go.

Overall, a good hotel in a very nice location. Be forewarned about the issues and you will have no problems. Staff was probably 3 star level, as was the hotel overall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your experience at the Sheraton Batimore North Hotel. Guest feedback is our number one resource to gauge how we are doing and what we can improve upon. I appreciate your comments and will definately be using them towards an improvement plan. Thank you again for your time and I hope to see again in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed one night and enjoyed the mall attached to the hotel. The gym and pool were great. Room clean. Pets welcomed!!! They did charge for parking $9, I understand because a very busy area. Friendly desk clerks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I enjoyed reading about your wonderful experience at my hotel! We appreciate all guest feedback and especially enjoy reading about what our guests loved about their time here. Thank you again for you time and comments, we look foward to seeing you again soon!
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

There was oily or greasy residue on the bathroom counter and on the wood desk in the room.
There was a chunk from a birthday cake the size of a dime spread on the wall next to the bedside table.
There is no fridge and no microwave in the room.
The wifi is slow.
You need to pay $9 to park in the adjacent multi-story public parking. You need to walk outside to go from the parking to the hotel entrance, dragging your luggage with you.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback about your recent stay at my hotel. I appreciate your comments and want to apologize for the issues you experienced. Cleanliness is usually a strong area for us and I will most definately be following up with the below standard items you described. Thank you for brining them to our attention. While you do have to pay for the parking garage it is a nice feature to have a covered garage that is monitored 24 hours a day by security. I will still bring your comments about this to the attention of our executive team. I would love the opportunity to further discuss your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you again for your time and feedback and I hope to hear from you soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed here a few times while looking at Goucher College.Need more staff at the front dest in the morning to validate parking tickets. The beds are comfortable, starbucks coffee and tea in the room. We stayed on the club floor. The room was quiet.The price included a continental breakfast. The breakfast was not at all what I had expected. No hot food only ceral and a few dry pastries. Next time I will ask for the Goucher College discount, but the lacation is excellent and I plan to stay here many times over the next four years.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we love to hear how our guests are experiencing our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your rest in our Sweet Sleeper beds. They are lovely and made just for Sheraton. The breakfast on the club level usually does include a hot item to choose from as well. It sounds to me like we were having an off day during your visit. I would recommend trying it again as it is generally a lovely benefit. If you contact me directly I would be more than happy to take care of that upgrade for you. Thank you again for your time and we look foward to being your home away from home for the next few years! Be sure to sign up for our Starwood Preferred Guest program if you have not already so that you can earn points during your stays towards free nights. Enjoy your week!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Right off of the expressway, has walkway to Towson Mall, close to a grocery store and things you might need. The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful.
Our room was clean and comfortable.
The hotel as a whole needs a makeover, worn furniture stained carpets torn awnings- it's seen its days.
Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for submitting a review on my property. I am wanted to let you know that we are starting to complete renovations to our property and have started with one of the items you showed, guest room carpet. We are currently replacing the carpet in our guest rooms and will be continuing on with our corridor carpet, wall vinyl, club lounge and much more. Please come back and see us soon. Contact me directly so I can make sure we get you into one of our newly carpeted rooms. I can be contacted at the hotel directly. I look foward to hearing from you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#23 of 61 in Baltimore
4.0 of 5 stars 304 reviews

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!