“A Bit Uneven” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Towson
Hartford, CT
“A Bit Uneven”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was in town for a Loyola second look weekend with my potential student. My wife and children had stayed there last year around the same time and recommended it highly. The hotel is very nice overall with a few minor issues.

When we arrived we were told there were no rooms with 2 beds available, and we were getting a room with a king. Now we didn't arrive in the middle of the night, and I suspect part of the reason my room request wasn't accommodated was that the reservation was made through Hotwire and was not a full price room. I guess I will never know. In any event, it worked out okay for us as we are both guys. Had I been traveling with my 17 year old daughter instead of my son, then a single bed might have been more problematical. The room itself was fine, with typical Sheraton decor. The tub faucet leaked but the room was mechanically fine. A little short on electrical outlets but that is to be expected given the age of the hotel I suppose. The walls are a bit thin. We could hear our adjoining neighbors quite clearly through the door that connects the adjoining rooms. They were loud and stayed up quite late. Again, not an issue for me, but it might be for an early to bed kind of person. The ice machine was also missing on our floor and I had to walk down a flight to fill the ice bucket.

Pool was very nice however the hot tub is out of service "indefinitely" due to a "broken pipe." Now, if you no longer have a hot tub, take it out of the description and don't depict it in your photos. It is misleading. After a long day of driving, I was looking forward to a nice soak. Sadly, no go.

Overall, a good hotel in a very nice location. Be forewarned about the issues and you will have no problems. Staff was probably 3 star level, as was the hotel overall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your experience at the Sheraton Batimore North Hotel. Guest feedback is our number one resource to gauge how we are doing and what we can improve upon. I appreciate your comments and will definately be using them towards an improvement plan. Thank you again for your time and I hope to see again in the near future.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed one night and enjoyed the mall attached to the hotel. The gym and pool were great. Room clean. Pets welcomed!!! They did charge for parking $9, I understand because a very busy area. Friendly desk clerks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I enjoyed reading about your wonderful experience at my hotel! We appreciate all guest feedback and especially enjoy reading about what our guests loved about their time here. Thank you again for you time and comments, we look foward to seeing you again soon!
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

There was oily or greasy residue on the bathroom counter and on the wood desk in the room.
There was a chunk from a birthday cake the size of a dime spread on the wall next to the bedside table.
There is no fridge and no microwave in the room.
The wifi is slow.
You need to pay $9 to park in the adjacent multi-story public parking. You need to walk outside to go from the parking to the hotel entrance, dragging your luggage with you.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback about your recent stay at my hotel. I appreciate your comments and want to apologize for the issues you experienced. Cleanliness is usually a strong area for us and I will most definately be following up with the below standard items you described. Thank you for brining them to our attention. While you do have to pay for the parking garage it is a nice feature to have a covered garage that is monitored 24 hours a day by security. I will still bring your comments about this to the attention of our executive team. I would love the opportunity to further discuss your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you again for your time and feedback and I hope to hear from you soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed here a few times while looking at Goucher College.Need more staff at the front dest in the morning to validate parking tickets. The beds are comfortable, starbucks coffee and tea in the room. We stayed on the club floor. The room was quiet.The price included a continental breakfast. The breakfast was not at all what I had expected. No hot food only ceral and a few dry pastries. Next time I will ask for the Goucher College discount, but the lacation is excellent and I plan to stay here many times over the next four years.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we love to hear how our guests are experiencing our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your rest in our Sweet Sleeper beds. They are lovely and made just for Sheraton. The breakfast on the club level usually does include a hot item to choose from as well. It sounds to me like we were having an off day during your visit. I would recommend trying it again as it is generally a lovely benefit. If you contact me directly I would be more than happy to take care of that upgrade for you. Thank you again for your time and we look foward to being your home away from home for the next few years! Be sure to sign up for our Starwood Preferred Guest program if you have not already so that you can earn points during your stays towards free nights. Enjoy your week!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Right off of the expressway, has walkway to Towson Mall, close to a grocery store and things you might need. The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful.
Our room was clean and comfortable.
The hotel as a whole needs a makeover, worn furniture stained carpets torn awnings- it's seen its days.
Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for submitting a review on my property. I am wanted to let you know that we are starting to complete renovations to our property and have started with one of the items you showed, guest room carpet. We are currently replacing the carpet in our guest rooms and will be continuing on with our corridor carpet, wall vinyl, club lounge and much more. Please come back and see us soon. Contact me directly so I can make sure we get you into one of our newly carpeted rooms. I can be contacted at the hotel directly. I look foward to hearing from you soon.
Beacon, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. Let me start by saying all the staff in this hotel were friendly and professional, and a solid effort is made to maintain cleanliness. Unfortunately, that cannot compensate for a host of issues. The hotel is TIRED and in desperate need of updating. Walls are paper thin and occupancy rates are high, especially on weekends, and much shouting and door slamming has to be tolerated on a Friday or Saturday night. The room doors do not close easily, so even considerate guests have little choice but to slam the door to get it to latch properly.

Our stay began on the third floor, where we were checked into a room that smelled heavily of cigarette smoke despite the hotel's no smoking policy. The front desk was kind enough to move us to the eighth floor and provided us club level access (complimentary morning and evening snacks). But the move was very much out of the frying pan and into the fire. The first night passed uneventfully, but the second night a very noisy group moved in on both sides of our room and across the hall. They routinely chatted from room to room across the hallway, even late in the evening. Shouting was quite common, either children shouting or parents shouting at their children. When we first notified the front desk, we were told to be patient as the new guests were perhaps "just settling into their rooms." By 11:30 pm things quieted down, although we were of course awakened at 6 am by resumption of the noise. The next evening the noise resumed at 8:30 pm. Again we notified the desk, which offered to move us to another room or perhaps reduce our room rate. Three rooms in three days was not an appealing prospect to my wife and I, particularly as you never know what awaits you in the next room. We asked instead that the management ask our noisy neighbors to quiet down and respect others. That reduced the noise from a roar to a continuous rumble at best.

Despite the kindness of the staff, they are working in an older facility with too many negatives to overcome via courtesy. There are much better (and more restful) choices for the traveler to the Towson area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel. Thank you so much for the lovely comments regarding our staff. We work to hire and train the right people who will assist in making each guest feel welcomed. Also we certainly apologize for the noise issues you experienced. This is not the expericence most of our guests have and I am sad to learn it was yours. Please contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss this further. I would love to have the opportunity to make it right for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spacious room and bathroom. Clean and neat. Good guest services. easy access on and off the highway. Would return without hesitation. Dod not provided adjoining rooms as rtequested but we were in close proximity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that your adjoining room request was not fullfilled. Often times this request can not be honored based on the room types booked. At our hotel the rooms alternate king, two doubles, king, two doubles, so we are unable to make this request happen when the same two room types are booked. I am not sure if this was the case with your booking but just a little tip on how the lay out of the hotel affects this which will hopefully assist you on future bookings with us. Again, thank you for you time and we look foward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!