“Average hotel, Great staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Towson
New York City, New York
“Average hotel, Great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel location isn't bad - specially if you need to do last minute shopping. The mall is right across and there are a couple of restaurants around if you dont want the hotel food. Note: there isn't a huge menu option and neither there are dinner specials. For weeekly travellers, it gets pretty boring when it comes to the food. The gym isn't exceptional and the hotel by itself could do with a remodeling with a change of carpets,etc. However, the rooms are comfortable and the hotel staff makes you feel welcome. Special call out to Brian at the front desk who makes an effort not only to just remember names but also to accomodate individual preferences.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to complete a review in regards to your experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it helps us to know what are strong points are and where we can improve. In response to your comments regarding the food options, I have definately passed this on to our Food and Beverage team for them to address. Also, we will starting to do renovations this year which will include carpet which you had also mentioned. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Without a doubt, a great hotel.

Wonderful customer service, friendliest desk staff (Brian in particular is awesome, and always remembers ever the tiniest detail--not surprised other people mentioned him in the reviews), and quiet rooms and comfy beds. What more could you ask for? The kind of service that's unobtrusive but very much worth noticing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments you provided about the Sheraton Baltimore North. We love hearing guests' feedback as it helps us to understand how we are doing. Thank you for taking your time to write a review, we truly appreicate it! I will make sure to let Brian know that he is becoming quite the star on the Trip Advisor! Enjoy your week!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect for our Anniversary weekend. The room was clean, the pillows were very nice! Brian at front desk, Danielle in the restaurant / bar and the rest of the staff we encountered were very accommodating. We were able to visit several local establishments within walking distance of the hotel. We had a nice meal at the hotel bar and enjoyed the complimentary Continental breakfast with omelets made to order the following morning before our departure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that we were able to help create a memorable experience for your anniversary. Thank you for providing us with your feedback, I will make sure to share it with the staff especially those you mentioned. We appreciate your time and enjoyed reading about your stay! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff, specifically Brian that works at the front desk, do an amazing job. Brian actually remembers the guests names and preferences. I've always seen him act professionally and with a great attitude. It's a wonder he's not the head manager at the hotel.

The hotel itself is older so its not one of the nicer ones that I've stayed at. It could definitely use a good remodel. But overall it's pretty comfortable and serves as a decent home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking your time to complete a review about the Sheraton Baltimore North. I appreciate your positive comments regarding Brian at the front desk. It really lets me know which staff members are making a difference for our guests and he definately is! As far as the building goes we will be starting a 4 year renovation plan this spring so keep your eyes open for so awesome changes and upgrades. Thank you again for your feedback!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is at best average. The service is not great, cleanliness is poor (plates of food can be left outside of the room for at least a day), and the restaurant is sub par. However, the people at the front desk are extremely accomodating and friendly (especially Brian). I stay here weekly, mainly because of the front desk people, location, and SPG points. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, hotel is attached to the Towson Mall (largest mall in Maryland), a very nice market across the street, and the hotel sits right off the highway. The hotel is also a 20 minute drive to downtown Baltimore with no traffic.

Room Tip: I definitely recommend the rooms with two double beds. They are much bigger, and have two large wind...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review my hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will definately be following up where needed. I am happy to hear yor positive comments about our front desk and appreciate the specific mention of associate names. Since you are staying with us on a weekly basis I would love to have the opportunity to touch base with you next time you are on property to discuss some of the issues you've experienced. I look foward to hearing from you!
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My first experience with poor service: I was working out at the gym and there were no cups at the water cooler. The pool attendant happened to come to the gym (adjacent to the pool) and refilled his water cup. I asked him if he could call down to someone to refill the water cups so I could get a drink while working out. He told me "well there is a cup there" and he was pointing to a cup on top of the cooler and not in the dispenser. I said "that cup may have been used and simply left there". He reluctantly agreed to call down to the front desk or housekeeping to refill the dispenser. I looked down at the pool attendant a couple times thereafter in between exercises and he wore headphones and was glued to his laptop. Bottom line: I worked out for about 45 more minutes and no cups. Second time I experienced bad service was at breakfast. The server never brought me coffee he offered me so I had to get it myself then serve myself at the buffet. He literally just sat me at a table. I even had to retrieve my own bill. I think he was the only one working though so maybe it wasn't hs fault but managements. I get better service at Walmart which is pretty sad. I think the Sheraton name has gone downhill. Noise was also a problem one night of my stay. The only positives were the "free" wifi, the gym equipment was pretty good, and the location next to the mall and restaurants. Hopefully, you can do better somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank your for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore North. I apologize for the poor level of service you experienced and want you to know that this is not typical of our hotel. We strive to provide a warm and memorable experience for all of our guests and I was sad to learn that we did not do this for you. I am most definately following up with these issues to ensure they do not occur again. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in more detail. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently stayed here and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and what you would expect. Location is very convenient and near Towson Town Center. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate your comments and feedback! Thank you for giving your time to review your recent experience. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate hearing about your perspective on our property! Have a great week and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!