“Solid hotel, great location across skywalk to major mall” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Towson
Saratoga, California
“Solid hotel, great location across skywalk to major mall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pluses:
-friendly staff
-comfortable beds, good sized rooms
- second floor skywalk provides direct access to Towson Town center, a major mall with Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, Food court
- decent, above average fitness facility plus indoor pool
- washer and dryers on floor were much appreciated after long trip
- easy access to Baltimore Beltway 695

minuses:
- $12.95 breakfast buffet was pretty ordinary, more on the standard of what hotels offered a decade ago with steam table scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, yogurt, limited fresh fruit
- slightly frayed condition...not the newest

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay at my hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and were able to take advantage of several of the amentiies offered as well. Your feedback for improvement was noted and very much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon!

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Milford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We paid too much for the room - the toilet kept running - the bathroom door stuck and would not close all the way - bed uncomfortable- and my worst nightmare- the elevators are horrible!
Waited 15 min at one point for an elevator-
Stayed for Sunday am breakfast and we asked to see the menu since we prefer that over a buffet- we waited for 20 min for them to come take our order while we sipped our coffee - which we had to call the girl over for - when they never came we just went ahead and had the buffet which was awful.
Since my son is now at Towson University we will be returning - BUT NOT staying here!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time provide us with your feedback. I certainly apologize for the experience that you had at my hotel as this is not the level of service we strive to provide for our guests. I would love for you to contact me directly so we can discuss these issues further. I can be reached via the main hotel number and truly hope to hear from you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Not the best Sheraton I've been to but wasn't bad. Location was the biggest plus, was able to walk easily to mall and numerous dining choices. Would stay here again because of location alone. Didn't eat on site so can't comment on restaurant. Rooms were small but adequate.

• Stayed January 2013
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreicate all feedback from our guests and are happy to know that you enjoyed all the options available here in Towson. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was in Baltimore with my Family for a Holiday and we stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore North. The property was beautiful and so was the location with towson mall opp the hotel which was an added advantage to our holiday. Specially my family enjoyed shopping and checking out the resturants there. It was an unforgetable experience for us and we definately would like to stay in Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel again.

Room Tip: We had our room facing Towson Mall the view for our room was really good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are delighted to hear how wonderful your experience was at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the memories you created while here. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had been to the Sheraton in DC and was so disappointed that I was reluctant to stay in another Sheraton. Towson Sheraton was perfect for our family's weekend away. The hotel was very clean, kept up and the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. They provided us a shuttle to and from a local restaurant where we were meeting friends. They allowed my husband and son to take food from the breakfast buffet when my husband inquired about bagel availability at no charge. The beds and linens were crisp and well kept. As a family that stays in several hotels a year we all loved our stay. The only minor complaint I had was that the pool area was very chilly and minimally lit..although, it is Jan. And it was in the evening. The lifeguard, as all the hotel employees, was extremely helpful and friendly. Plus, there is a walkway from the hotel to the very large shopping mall. Great hotel!

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the elevator..which I always do and Kenny (front desk man) was very wil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are happy to hear to enjoyed your time in Towson and at the Sheraton Baltimore North. Thank you for taking the time review our hotel, we appreciate it. We will look into the issue you experienced with the temperature in the pool area and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Enjoy your week and we hope to see you again soon!
Rising Sun, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I cannot believe the way the staff treated my friend and I while we were here. There were insanely noisy people on our floor and we lodged complaints multiple times. Finally, when someone from the hotel came up to investigate, they start yelling at US for being too loud! We were the ones making the complaints! Never mind that the other parties on the floor were partying until 4am and throwing up in the hallway and elevator. I felt like I was being treated like a noisy child. When I informed him that we were the ones making the complaints on the other rooms, they manager got defensive and said that this was one of the rooms that were complaining. It's almost as if they took down our room number as the one filing the complaint but then somehow got it misconstrued that we were the ones who the complaint was filed on! I've never been treated so poorly by a hotel staff person in my life. He had my friend who was traveling with me in tears! He even threatened to throw us out when we didn't even do anything in the first place! There were only two of us in that room there for business. I can't believe the way we were treated! The rest of floor continued being loud the entire weekend while we were whispering for fear of them coming back and throwing us out. We even found another manager to complain about the first one too and he said, "You're in room 927? Yea, I know about you." As if we were in the wrong! I'm sorry but no staff manager should have a customer in tears. This was a horrible misunderstanding and no one seemed to want to hear our side of it to even explain where we think the miscommunication went awry. I've never been so disrespected in my life.

And it's a shame too. I've stayed here before and liked the hotel. It was right next to the mall and the hotel itself is beautiful. I would just never stay here again after the way we were treated or advise anyone else too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at my hotel. I am certainly disturbed to learn of the way in which you were treated and do apologize. This is obviously not the level of service we strive to provide for our guests. I will be addressing the issue with all of the management staff. Again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel should you want to discuss the issue further.
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is the second stay here and both visits found to be quite shabby. The finish is worn off the wooden furniture, the lamp shade is dented, the upholstered chair had a strategically placed white stain and the halls had poor attempts at removing stains, which left them with big smudges. If you're looking for quality, look elswhere. OH! And they won't carry FOX News!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!