“Good location, not good value” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Towson
Westchester County New York
“Good location, not good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was fine, nothing more, nothing less. Everything worked, etc. The location is excellent, right off of 695, and right by a giant mall. The restaurant had a decent menu, although the food wasn't anything special, it certainly was adequate. My two negative comments are: 1) not a good value - $209 per night for one room with two double beds struck me as a lot for what I got, which was slightly more than I would get from a Hampton Inn level hotel. 2) As a Starwood Preferred member I was given access to "Club Sheraton" for a free breakfast on the 12th floor, but it was awful and I should have gone to the real restaurant and paid for a real breakfast. There weren't enough seats, the food choices were very limited, less than you'd get in a Hampton Inn honestly, there was no waitstaff, and the food was as industrial as any I've had in a long time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Spring Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this Sheraton for a birthday party for a relative. Upon arrival I felt it was very nice. I liked the bar with $2 beers. The room was nice. Bed was very comfy. Tried to bounce on it and couldn't. It was a soft yet firm bed. I hated the pillows. Great hotel, the only problem I had was some people were staying their that were having a party and they decided to bring marijuana. The hallway began to smell of it. I called the front desk. They took care of it. All in all it is a great hotel minus the "nickel and dime" parking fee.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed one of two nights while in Baltimore. The Hotel seems like a great wedding venue as that is what was happening while we were there. Not a bad environment unless you want to sleep at 1:00 am instead of partying like the people in the halls. We had a deluxe king on the 9th floor which is right by the elevator, which meant we heard all the noise. The ventilation system leaves a lot to be desired as we had the thermostat set at 77 and still had a cold room. With only a thin spread and no extra blankets in the room made for a very uncomfortable stay. We found a more pleasant hotel the next night.

Room Tip: Plan a visit when they have no weddings planned and be prepared to walk to the parking garage for yo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights when my son and his wife had our first grandchild. For us, it was convenient to the hospital where the baby and her mom were located. But for most, it is very convenient to a huge shopping complex, the Towson Town Center. There is even a skywalk over to the mall from the hotel and there are many chain restaurants incorporated into the mall, which gives one many convenient dining choices. Other than that, it was your standard chain hotel. The internet was slow, but included in the price of the room.

The staff was noteworthy. They were extremely friendly and accomodating and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The only drawback is a $9.00 per day charge for parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Western United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This Sheraton is in an excellent location. There is a skywalk connecting it with the mall. The surrounding area is very safe. Many things are within 5-10 minutes walking as far as food, shopping, etc go.

Another positive thing is the parking is free of charge in the garage and the wireless is also free of charge.

The lobby is pretty nice and the front desk people are very friendly.

But… the room… the positives are the room was pretty large, had a nice view, two good sized chairs and a large desk, comfortable bed, but… the room was just not well maintained. The phone was missing its insert. There was a wad of gum stuck to the carpet in a spot. There was a spot on the floor towel in the bathroom that was visible when I looked at it folded up sitting on the edge of the bathtub. The light switches were not very clean. The pull rods for the curtains were filthy; my hand had black on it after I pulled them open… I stay in a lot of hotels and the upkeep of this room is more of what I’d expect out of a lower quality (as in, below average for those already inconsistent and not great chains) Best Western or Choice Hotel, not Sheraton or any other business-class hotel for that matter. While none of these problems were enough to justify asking for a different room, they are all easily correctable and should not have been present.

I’d probably give them another chance here due to the location and hope that they work on the room upkeep.

Check in and check out were instantaneous. Friendly and efficient clerks that had everything ready in advance in both instances.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Southern NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore North this past weekend when we visited our adult daughter in Towson.

Room was small. Ok, this size would be fine in NYC, but this is Towson,MD. The bathroom does not particularly have any fabuous amenities...one bar of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion. That's it. No shower cap....probably because they want you to patronize their ridiculously expensive shop. Bed was comfortable, but we did not rave about it the way we raved about the bed at the Georgetown Marriott where we stayed a few years ago on a college search trip.

Wifi did not work very well on my Samsung Nexus Galaxy Android phone, although my husband's tablet and laptop were fine.

I thought this hotel would be a good location because it was in the middle of everything, but instead, the location was annoying--because it was in the middle of everything! Just to walk across the street to the market was ridiculous in terms of the length of the light and the severity of the traffic.

And yes, there is a skyway to the town center, but it isn't covered, so that was not helpful this past Saturday during the heavy rainstorm.

Parking is included with the room, providing you get your ticket stamped at the front desk. There is a sign to that effect in the lobby.

AAA offered a deal where the buffet breakfast was one dolllar extra beyond the room rate (plus a gratuity to the server who brought the coffee). The breakfast buffet was good in that it was a fast way to have some food and go. However, if the price is something like $12.99, which I think read somewhere, no way! The hot buffet consisted of lumpy, dead scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, greasy potatoes, runny oatmeal, and a yogurt frappe (as the server called it) that was so sweet that it was too much for my husband, who has a massive sweet tooth. The fresh fruit was very nice. And there were the usual cereal and toast choices.

Today I logged into my credit card to discover a pending charge for almost $100 more than on my receipt. I called and was told that the extra was to pay for "incidentals" and that it would not appear on my final credit card charge. I was further told that it was Sheraton policy and that a lot of hotels do it. I have had this experience only once before, in New Zealand this past March.

With the ridiculous $19.92 room tax (I not blaming the Sheraton for that!), our room was $172.20 per night, discounted AAA rate. I just don't think it was worth that amount of money at all.

Next time we visit our daughter, we will try elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Recently stayed at the Sheraton-Towson for a college student drop off (one night stay). Very good location and service. Walking distance to the Towson mall, so very well situated. Only disappointment was the $9 parking fee at the garage. I expect parking fees in large cities like Boston, SF, NYC, etc -- but not in Towson MD. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!