“Another great Sheraton hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Danbury, Connecticut
“Another great Sheraton hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Brought our daughter to Towson U. and we stayed in the Sheraton. Great hotel, clean room, great service. Hotel had several functions going on but it never felt crowded. Has a skywalk link to a large shopping mall. Easy access to parking garage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We took a labor day weekend trip to Baltimore and decided that it would be cheaper to stay outside the city. The Sheraton offered a wonderful place to rest our heads, in what might be one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, but the room was very spacious and clean, and we found the property to be well maintained. Check in was very easy, they provide Starbucks coffee in the rooms, and they have a nice little shop to pick up snacks and other items. It was about a 10 minute drive back into the city which wasn't bad at all and the hotel is conveniently located near a large mall and lots of restaurants. If you're looking for a great hotel without spending an arm and a leg, the Sheraton in Towson is worth checking out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past year, and every time I've been pleased with the friendly, helpful staff and the cleanliness of our room. However, every time I've stayed, there's always been one or two glitches that keep the hotel stay from being perfect. One time we arrived at almost midnight and was told there was some sort of issue and got sent to another hotel, (no charge for that stay, but after traveling for so long at such a late hour, the last thing we wanted was to get back in the car). The last few times, the room has been soooo cold and the thermostat on the air conditioning seemed to be broken as no matter what temp we set it to, the fan never stopped. This last time we couldn't get Internet access in the room even though they say free wi-fi. The front desk staff said not all rooms get Internet consistently...if you need Internet ask for a room on the ends of the building.

Parking is convenient, but no longer free. They've made some sort of change to what the breakfast includes when you book a breakfast package - something about only cold food, no hot items. I guess money is tight everywhere....?

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Located next to the Towson City Center Mall the hotel provides for numerous eating and shopping possibilities. The rooms are quite standard. TV, desk, arm chairs and a king bed. All clean. For business I'll stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Won this hotel on Priceline for a fair price, and overall was satisfied. Free business stations in the lobby, which is key for me. Free enclosed parking in a garage. Easy walk to a number of cool restaurants and bars. Room was nice enough, so why not 5 stars? Whirlpool had a sign saying it was not working, when indeed it was. Front desk was slightly cold overall, and was given a room with double beds instead of being offered a king, when it was obvious the hotel was not full. Would stay there again, but I have been spoiled by so many fine hotels around the world lately, that this one just didn't compare to some of the others.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I really liked this hotel very much, as it was beautiful and the staff so accomodating ! I had some issues with the restaurant where food was forgotten to be delivered to my room and the server forgot to come back as she promised, and one morning I ordered only coffee and a glass of milk. Had to wait over 45 minutes and make a few phone calls. But the desk was wonderful about taking care of me and not only removed those two meals but all of them from my bill. :) Additionally they moved my room without any issue when a large group of noisy government workers decided to party next door to me and didnt have any respect when asked to tone it down by the management. The 5 stars is for the wonderful management team who made sure I was happy. I travel weekly and this was a hotel I definitely would come back to again.

Room Tip: Located right next door to a beautiful mall.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is rated as a 3.5 star hotel. Well, I just slept on an air mattress in a hotel room with no bed. I am TOTALLY serious. No bed. An air mattress on the floor. If you get assigned room 1217 - run away! And after having been stranded at an airport for 7 hrs and checking in at 1 AM (even though I called earlier to make sure that my original room was still reserved - it was on the 6th floor), I was just too tired too argue.

They told me it was the only room left in the place. I was promised a king bed and had prepaid for one but obviously - promises made by this hotel do not hold any water.

I would not have cared if there was a TV or a phone or a fridge or windows but a bed, to me, is the basic of all basic necessities that a hotel room should have. It seemed the room is a living room to a larger two bedroom suite. Well, I guess they decided to rent out the two individual bedrooms as individual hotel rooms and then place an air mattress in the middle room and be able to charge for another room. The additional bad thing about this is that there is no sound barriers with the rooms next door. The guy in room 1219 was skyping someone at 1 AM and I could hear every word of their conversation including what the person on the other line was saying. I had to shove tiny toilet paper balls in my ears to use as ear plugs.

I wonder if they just screwed with me because I had already pre-paid for the hotel room on Hotwire.

The hotel is otherwise clean and the free breakfast in the club lounge prevents me from rating this as the worst rate possible.

Room Tip: stay away from room 1217 unless you are comfortable sleeping on a sofa (not a pullout sofa - just a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!