“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: York Rd
Description: Located in the heart of Towson, S & J Crab Ranch is a neighborhood restaurant and bar serving steamed crabs and barbecue. Opened in October of 2011 by two locals themselves, the Ranch has the best Maryland crabs and seafood for miles around. Also featuring Southern BBQ at its finest, we offer St. Louis style ribs, Carolina BBQ, Texas smoked brisket, and pit beef and turkey. Whatever you crave, our menu has something to offer. We pride ourselves on excellent food and outstanding service. Bring your friends, bring your family, and bring your appetite!
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went to this restaurant February 2,2013 @ 3pm in the afternoon. Upon arriving there was no one at the front station to greet us. We waited approx 5mins and no one came. Finally I stepped up to the bar area and there were customers sitti g at the bar, but no bartender. Finally my friend calls the restaurant. A man answers, she says hello we're wating at the front to be seated. His reply go on up to the bar area. She asks, is it seat yourself, he abruptly hung up the telephone. We'd like to thank you all for poor customer services. We did however, enjoy the atmosphere at Pappas and they I am certain thank your staff for theor RUDENESS.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

headingsouth
“Lots of good food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Mile high pulled pork nachos are enough for 6 people. The pork tasted like it was cooked a week ago. Beef brisket cheese steak also huge and very good. Fries are shoestring fries, they can do better in this dept and use steak fries. It is a meat joint, so serve meaty fries. Rib platter was good as well. They have a choice of 3 bbq sauces, but I only liked one of them. They have a home made bread pudding there, which was the best I have ever tasted. We all left stuffed to the gills. Bartenders were nice and quick. A manager or owner was walking around talking to customers making sure everything was ok. Interior has a long bar with booths, the tables are in the front. Nicely Decorated like a modern lodge. There were not alot of people in here, so if you are in this area and all the other well known restaurants are crowded, come here. We'll be back

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Good barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Having not heard too many speak of this restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised and will definitely be back. Great service. For dinner we shared
Pulled Pork Nachos--Super yummy, tons to share, enough for 4-6 people easily
Cream of Crab Soup--with the touch of sherry, very good taste, could have more crab in it in my opinion
Crab Cake Sandwich--I thought this tasted fishy, but my husband liked it. The crabcake was too small for the roll (or the roll was too large for crab cake) even when I smooshed it down.
Carolina Pulled Pork--Very good! A great value as the sandwich is piled high.
French fries--normally not even a french fry fan and they really have to be something to impress me...and they did, they were awesome!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Crab Ranch is bar/restaurant in downtown Towson. They have a great atmosphere, friendly staff, and fabulous food. I have never had a bad menu item. The nachos on the appetizer menu is big enough for a meal. The crab dip is great and all appetizers are half price Monday-Friday. They also have great beer specials.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidAtlantic
“Great food, great bar, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

A nice addition to Towson, S&J Crab Ranch has a great family feel with good food and service. My salad with grilled shrimp and lumb crab meat was excellent and very fresh. Steamed crabs are available, but this isn't a crab house - there's much more offered on the menu and I'm looking forward to going back! The bar and menu have a sports theme, but this isn't a sports bar either. Just comfortable, friendly and fun.

• Visited November 2011