“Reliably good food, intrusive live music” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore MD
“Reliably good food, intrusive live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I meet friends here often, and have only once gotten what I'd consider a mediocre meal.
If you haven't visited in a while, Spice & Dice has expanded, and the "kindergarten" decor has given way to a more subdued, grown-up ambiance. The wait staff is polite and competent; the food reasonably priced and tasty. My complaint: My friends and I arrived shortly after 6 p.m., and to our surprise an amplified jazz combo/vocalist began performing not more than 12-15 feet away. We might have enjoyed listening in a club at midnight, but in that setting (and at that hour) the live entertainment quickly became annoying. We were there to eat and talk--not to be be part of an audience. In short, our meals were fine, but we weren't fully able to enjoy one another's company. So If you like to be entertained, make a reservation for Live Music Night. Otherwise, find yourself a restaurant where you can have a normal conversation at a normal decibel level. I should add that the server got a generous tip: It certainly wasn't her fault.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Thai Food, friendly atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We tried two appetizers and both very good. The spa shrimp was excellent and seasoned perfectly. We had red and green curry and loved both. Also tried a fish dish and drunken noodles and both tasty. Would love to have this place in our hometown.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
baltimore
“1st time Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ok so even though this was my first time trying Thai food, I was really impressed. My husband convinced me and every single thing we got was delicious. Great spices & flavors, fresh ingredients - this will definitely become a regular spot for us. I only gave it 4 out of 5 because I need to expand my taste and also dine in - we were only able to carryout but the place was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves - it's BYOB :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Towson, Maryland
“Thai food just the way I like it, to order”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've noticed that I've had a hard time finding Thai restaurants that will make my food spicy enough, Spice & Dice didn't disappoint at all. My wife likes it as mild as a cool spring day while I like my heat like the surface of the sun. If you tell them you want Thai seven stars but not American Thai, they will get the idea. But be prepared, the spices can be intense. Just to give you a gauge, I enjoy eating Ghost Peppers and the heat is around there if you ask for their hottest.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Great lunch!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I took my son to look at some colleges in the area and came across this restaurant. It had high zagats rating so we gave it a try. The lunch specials came with a free appetizer,(spring roll) and free desert (cup of fruit). I had the drunken noodles with chicken and a bowl of tom yum soup.Both were very good. My son had the the ramen noodles with pork soup that he enjoyed very much. Service was very good and if i'm in the area again, I would definitely go back

• Visited June 2013