“Persian Pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Middle Eastern, Vegan, Vegetarian, International, Persian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving classic Persian cuisine, including kebobs with basmati rice and meat stews (khoresh) and Middle Eastern fusion dishes, including Paella and seafood, in a relaxed, elegant and tranquil atmosphere of Persian carpets, a running window fountain, and traditional Persian and French music. Local artists and musicians are regulars at our small restaurant, and business is brisk on Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm. We have been in business since 1988, and strive to offer our diners the best food and service for the best possible price.
“Persian Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you have never tasted Persian food, you will be blown away by the cuisine at this unassuming, BYOB restaurant. From the traditional kabobs to original, Persian inspired creations, the menu is outstanding. I've tried many of the menu items and have never been disappointed. (most recently the Garlic, Eggplant and Chicken - wow!). The numerous Zagat awards are well deserved. Don't miss the Mango Pear appetizer: it is big enough to share.

Missoula, MT
“My "Go To" restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whenever we want to take out of town guests somewhere close and guaranteed to please, we choose Orchard Market. It's also a local favorite neighborhood place. The service is great, I have never once had a bad meal. The prices are reasonable. And it's BYOB. Can't beat it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glen Arm, MD
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife took me out for dinner at The Orchard Market & Café in Towson, MD. The Orchard Market is a Persian restaurant. We have been here several time and we always had excellent food and service. As an appetizer my wife had the Salad Shirazi, a colorful salad of diced cucumbers & tomatoes, mint, parsley & spring onions marinated with lemon juice. Served chilled. I had Scallops & Calamari. Sauteed scallops & calamari, pan-seared with black olives, tomato and onions and simmered in a savory garlic tomato curry sauce. Although very good I should not have ordered that since the paella I ordered for dinner had this also in the dish. together it was too much for me. For dinner my wife ordered Chicken Zahedan: Seasoned breast of chicken sautéed with onions, tomatoes, peppers & olives in a tangy tomato garlic curry sauce. As mentioned before I asked for the Paella which was not on the menu, but I had it there before. (it is a lot more expensive than all other dishes which are priced very reasonable) It happened to be the special of the day and I was able to order it for one person. What a coincidence. Even if it is not the special of the day, ask for it and they will make it. I love it and always take that (how boring right?) . The paella is served with mussel around the outside of the plate, big shrimps, calamari rings but also small whole calamari, scallops, chicken and sausage.
The servings are large in our opinion, but for others it might be just right. Just out of curiosity we asked to see the desert. The waitress came with a plate with several cakes and also mentioned they had tiramisu. OH no!! I love that. She warned us this was made with banana filling instead of the cream. Well lets try it. She brought us a big piece to share together. Delicious.
They know there customers. Although we had not been there for awhile the waiter recognized us.
Great evening.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Towson, Maryland
“The PERFECT Hole in the Wall Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I recently moved to the Towson area and have been trying out a lot of different restaurants. My boyfriend and I heard about this place and absolutely LOVED it. Our waiter (one of the owners, Jason) was charming and so kind. The food was fantastic, their famous duck dish was to die for. We will be going back and bringing friends too.

A huge bonus is also that it is BYOB. You can't beat a great meal, at a great price, and BYOB.

DON'T MISS THIS PLACE! :) A gem.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“Excellent restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have been to the Orchard Market many times. The food and service is always excellent! This time, we went there for lunch. We had the hummus appetizer that was great! The, we each had one of their pita pocket sandwichs which were also wonderful! The restaurant is located in an industrial park, but don't let that bother you! The atmosphere is very nice with persian decorations that are very nice! You will definitely enjoy your meal there!

• Visited February 2014