“Never had Persian food and loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Middle Eastern, Vegan, Vegetarian, International, Persian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving classic Persian cuisine, including kebobs with basmati rice and meat stews (khoresh) and Middle Eastern fusion dishes, including Paella and seafood, in a relaxed, elegant and tranquil atmosphere of Persian carpets, a running window fountain, and traditional Persian and French music. Local artists and musicians are regulars at our small restaurant, and business is brisk on Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm. We have been in business since 1988, and strive to offer our diners the best food and service for the best possible price.
York, PA
“Never had Persian food and loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The old saying of "You can't judge a book by its cover" is really true with the Orchard Market & Café. You would never guess it's so good on the inside from the outside.
Very nice decor inside. Very friendly service. Since it was the first time my family and I ever had Persian food, the person who served us even let us sample some other food from the buffet that we caught at the end of the buffet lunch. We decided to order from the menu anyhow
We had the Mango Shrimp for an appraiser. Oh so good!
We sampled the Eggplant & Artichoke. Yummy!
We also had the chicken Fesenjune. Oh my gosh! So good! A sweet type of dish.
We also ordered Spicy Kermani Beef. Spicy but not too hot.
For dessert we shared some warm baklava.

For sure I will return when I'm in the area.

• Visited September 2013

Queenstown, Maryland
“First Time For Persian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went there with some friends who are regular customers and were delightfully surprised. The owner greeted us and told us about the specials. We ordered and the food came out quickly and all was well prepared. The two chicken dishes our friends ordered were very flavorful and they enjoyed them. My wife ordered the shish-kabob of beef and chicken which was tasty but lacked any sauce to go with the rice. My dish of spicy beef was amazing. Spicy enough to give you a warm feeling, but not so spicy that it takes away the flavor of the beef. The deserts are amazing, they are homemade and we shared two among four people. Even if you a full from the excellent food you have to have desert. This was a wonderful experience and we hope to go back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, MD
“Great Persian food, lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've been to this restaurant many times over the years, but since it's not the kind of place I'd take small children, we haven't been in quite some time. However, we were able to sneak away for lunch last week, and had another fabulous meal at Orchard Market & Cafe! This place is consistently great. The owner is always willing to provide recommendations from the menu, and everything we've had here has been excellent. I hope to be returning for another meal soon!

• Visited August 2013
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Delicous Persian food and cultural expereince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a fabulous meal at the Orchard Market and Café last week. Never having Persian food previously, I tried the eggplant and artichokes which were in a feta and sweet dill sauce. It was so delicious I was almost sorry that my entrée arrived. I would have been disappointed to miss my Chicken Fesenjune, poached in pomegranate and walnut sauce. Now I understand why this is a national dish of Iran, and why the Gods are often depicted eating this fruit! Dessert was yummy baklava, all arrived with very attentive service from the owner himself. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with Persian artifacts, and depicts the French influence on the culture. Although this restaurant is an hour from my home, I will be back.

• Visited July 2013
Phoenix, Maryland
“Celebrate Fresh Food - Persian Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This cafe is local for me. I will even go alone because it's such a comfortable environment. The relaxed atmosphere can morph into a party when someone is celebrating a special event!! The owner, Jason is quite the character and his love of people, history and food makes the perfect setting for the freshly prepared dishes known to his chef (mother-in-law) as "home cooking." The staff works very hard to make your meal a pleasant experience. I recently introduced it to my grandchildren (ages 16-22) and they were so impressed that it now trumps pizza when they visit.

• Visited July 2013