“Very nice meal.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fairmont Ave.
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
“Very nice meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

After a day of running around and being dragged about the mall I had a very nice meal.

My wife and I sat bar side. The staff was very accommodating and we were there just before the dinner rush as the restaurant was nearly full when we left.

Shrimp cocktail. Chilled not frozen shrimp that were nice and firm. Really good sauce.

Excellent rolls. Hush puppy like.

We both got the 7 oz filet. Mine was perfectly medium. My wife ordered medium but came closer to medium well. Close. Why they are not getting a 5. Steak house's should get steaks perfect.

I got a baked potato. Well done. My wife got their mashed potato's. Not bad but try something else.

We split the asparagus and that was very good.

Staff was professional and very helpful without being pushy.

We will be back!

Visited August 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“Stoney River Delights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Another outdoor patio, another state, another perfect cappuccino--a light and delightful finish for a lovely meal at Stoney River in Towson. I watched the slow sunset on the quiet patio, lingered and enjoyed first-rate Maryland crab cakes nicely accompanied by a sweet mustard sauce and blanched spinach (at my request). The steaks looked first rate, and the servers were pros, ready to customize the menu to make it memorable. A definite return visit for a convivial or romantic evening out with many interesting menu choices to try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

In my experience, Stoney River is a place you can take guests for a nice evening dinner or special occassion with confidence. We have visited several times, and the steaks were outstanding on each occassion. The rolls are unusually good and a favorite with our kids. The lunch menu, however, is much smaller and less impressive. Stoney River is not inexpensive, and reservations are highly recommended in the evening, as we have occassionally had a lengthy wait for a table. The staff who have served us have been well trained, efficient, and welcoming without being unprofessionally "gushy" or intrusive. The restaurant is located on the York Road side of the Towson Towncenter mall just north of the Towson Circle, easily accessible from the I-695 Beltway.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lutherville, MD
“Best Hamburger Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great wine, rusty nail drinks and without a doubt, the best hamburger I've ever had in my life! I hardly eat red meat, maybe once a month. So when I do, I like it to be a great piece of meat. Usually I order a fillet mignon, but I was in the mood for a hamburger, ordered without the bun. It was juicy, med. rare and cooked to perfection, with just enough caramelized onions and gruyere cheese. I highly recommend this burger!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts
“You can do better for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went recently with two other companions who had heard the restaurant was good. I had never heard of it but was willing to try it out.
I decided to go with the tenderloin salad which was flavorful and had a very tasty buttermilk dressing. The problem was with the cooking. I wanted medium, others in my party wanted medium well, and medium rare for their items. Nothing came out cooked properly. We were all tired and just went with it but the kitchen staff needs to get their act together.

• Visited June 2013