“Stoney River Delights” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Legendary Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fairmont Ave.
Description: Stoney River is a place for legendary steaks, traditional favorites and creative flavors - in a classic lodge atmosphere, casual with contemporary style and flair, plus a staff this is friendly and engaging.At Stoney River, we take the food very seriously - but not ourselves. We think the best meals are relaxed meals where everyone gets exactly what they want. Even if that’s white wine with steak.
Burlington, Vermont
“Stoney River Delights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Another outdoor patio, another state, another perfect cappuccino--a light and delightful finish for a lovely meal at Stoney River in Towson. I watched the slow sunset on the quiet patio, lingered and enjoyed first-rate Maryland crab cakes nicely accompanied by a sweet mustard sauce and blanched spinach (at my request). The steaks looked first rate, and the servers were pros, ready to customize the menu to make it memorable. A definite return visit for a convivial or romantic evening out with many interesting menu choices to try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

In my experience, Stoney River is a place you can take guests for a nice evening dinner or special occassion with confidence. We have visited several times, and the steaks were outstanding on each occassion. The rolls are unusually good and a favorite with our kids. The lunch menu, however, is much smaller and less impressive. Stoney River is not inexpensive, and reservations are highly recommended in the evening, as we have occassionally had a lengthy wait for a table. The staff who have served us have been well trained, efficient, and welcoming without being unprofessionally "gushy" or intrusive. The restaurant is located on the York Road side of the Towson Towncenter mall just north of the Towson Circle, easily accessible from the I-695 Beltway.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lutherville, MD
“Best Hamburger Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great wine, rusty nail drinks and without a doubt, the best hamburger I've ever had in my life! I hardly eat red meat, maybe once a month. So when I do, I like it to be a great piece of meat. Usually I order a fillet mignon, but I was in the mood for a hamburger, ordered without the bun. It was juicy, med. rare and cooked to perfection, with just enough caramelized onions and gruyere cheese. I highly recommend this burger!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts
“You can do better for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went recently with two other companions who had heard the restaurant was good. I had never heard of it but was willing to try it out.
I decided to go with the tenderloin salad which was flavorful and had a very tasty buttermilk dressing. The problem was with the cooking. I wanted medium, others in my party wanted medium well, and medium rare for their items. Nothing came out cooked properly. We were all tired and just went with it but the kitchen staff needs to get their act together.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Legendarily BAD!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

All I can say is WOW!!! This had to be the WORST (so called) steak house I have EVER been to. Not only did they bring me a bone in rib-eye without a bone when I asked about it they returned it to the kitchen and brought me out a RAW steak. at that point everyone else had either given up on trying to like there steak or just couldn't eat it. A 14 Zagat rating is too generous! It is more like a 4... wedge salad was advertised with Bacon....no bacon came with it, had to ask for that too!

I give up!