“A Complete Rip Off.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Maryland
“A Complete Rip Off.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

I stayed in this motel for 6 days and it was terrible. My bath tub was covered in a grey film. I found out from the receptionist that only the extended stay clients apts were cleaned daily. Clients who rented rooms, had their rooms cleaned weekly. My sink was blocked for about 2 days so I had to use the toilet until the sink was fixed by the maintenance man 2 days later. The walls were filthy. The room stunk. The fridge was filthy . The air conditioner barely worked and of course I couldn't open the window for some fresh air. I had to leave my dirty linen on my room floor. To get clean linen, I had to ask the nice receptionist who referred me to the wooden bench in the lobby.

• Disliked — The squalor
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank sto63

Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

My husband and I went to the hotel to spend our Anniversary. Upon arrival the desk clerk acted as if we were bothering her by walking in the door. We disregarding her attitude since were getting such a good deal on the room itself. We paid cash for the room. We were given Room B224. After going up the room and looking around in disgust, we called down to the lobby and asked if there were any other rooms available and explained the reason why we were dissatified with the room. The desk clerk said "there no other rooms available" and she does not know what the rooms look like she just worked there and "she has her own house". At that point we went back to the lobby, turned in the key cards and requested our money back. She advised that we could not receive our money back today and we would be sent a check in the mail in 14 business days. What a mess, we paid cash for the room and we were there all of 5 minutes. The rooms in the brochure are nothing like the actual room. Very deceived!!!!

Stayed April 2007
6 Thank Dbyers

Travelers are raving about these Towson hotels

florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

Did not stay at the hotel.It is the worst hotel I have ever been to; checked in and after going to the room, checked out. It is not in a good neighborhood and the rooms are disgusting. I would not not recommend this one to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the hotel itself
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank electr
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

I saw the price for the place, considered the location and booked for 2 nights. After being there for about 2 seconds I realized I had chosen poorly. I didn't feel safe parking my '92 Ford Taurus in the lot, the room was all types of sketchy, I could hear everything through the walls. I didn't have time to switch hotels that night so I dealt with it, I was beyond overjoyed to see my car there in the morning. While attempting to go to sleep I heard the door outside of my room (there were 4 rooms behind one main door) open and close about 50 times, I clearly overheard a drug deal. Once while going out to the car to get anything of value of out it, someone asked if I could check them in with my ID, he had cash. . . I passed.
Needless to say I checked out in the morning and was able to get a room at a Comfort Inn in Catonsville.
I would never stay at this hotel for free or if paid less than $200 a night. . . an absolute sketchy ghetto dive is an understatement. You'd be safer staying in your own car; it's not worth saving the money here, go to any other chain hotel. The 2.5 star rating is complete garbage, do NOT believe that, do not go there, avoid it at all costs.
I'd post photos if I had thought to take a picture of such a dive, but I had no urge to remember The Welcome Inn.

• Stayed April 2006
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

We saw the price of this hotel and the pictures looked nice...we booked...then upon check-in, we realized we had been deceived. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. Then place was dirty and did not match the pictures, had I known I could post pics here I would have taken them so as to show everyone the room they will actually get. The door to the bathroom slides into the wall, the tv barely worked, the bed was like a trampoline with dirty linen, the curtains were dingy and did not cover the windows, the carpet was coming up and dirty. The walls were dirty. The room was very small and did not have the advertised kitchen. It did have an old mini fridge that was covered in a wood grain contact paper being used as a tv stand. I went next door to another hotel to try and get a room and the front desk laughed because I was staying at this place. Needless to say I did not stay at this place. I had my wife and baby daughter and would not allow them to spend a night here. I was there for about an hour. Which was long enough to find another hotel using their phone book (at least one thing was up to par). When I went down to check out, the lady at the front desk informed me that they had advised all the hotel websites that the pictures shown were inaccurate. I would recommend anyone reading this pay an extra twenty dollars and stay at an actual chain so at you will know what you are getting.

• Stayed April 2006
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor

Been to The Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!