“Poor Customer Service & the Rooms were ever worse!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Welcome Inn

The Welcome Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Towson
The Welcome Inn
8729 Loch Bend Dr., Towson, MD 21234   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Towson
Baltimore, MD
“Poor Customer Service & the Rooms were ever worse!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband and I went to the hotel to spend our Anniversary. Upon arrival the desk clerk acted as if we were bothering her by walking in the door. We disregarding her attitude since were getting such a good deal on the room itself. We paid cash for the room. We were given Room B224. After going up the room and looking around in disgust, we called down to the lobby and asked if there were any other rooms available and explained the reason why we were dissatified with the room. The desk clerk said "there no other rooms available" and she does not know what the rooms look like she just worked there and "she has her own house". At that point we went back to the lobby, turned in the key cards and requested our money back. She advised that we could not receive our money back today and we would be sent a check in the mail in 14 business days. What a mess, we paid cash for the room and we were there all of 5 minutes. The rooms in the brochure are nothing like the actual room. Very deceived!!!!

Stayed April 2007

10 people have reviewed this hotel

florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Did not stay at the hotel.It is the worst hotel I have ever been to; checked in and after going to the room, checked out. It is not in a good neighborhood and the rooms are disgusting. I would not not recommend this one to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the hotel itself
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

I saw the price for the place, considered the location and booked for 2 nights. After being there for about 2 seconds I realized I had chosen poorly. I didn't feel safe parking my '92 Ford Taurus in the lot, the room was all types of sketchy, I could hear everything through the walls. I didn't have time to switch hotels that night so I dealt with it, I was beyond overjoyed to see my car there in the morning. While attempting to go to sleep I heard the door outside of my room (there were 4 rooms behind one main door) open and close about 50 times, I clearly overheard a drug deal. Once while going out to the car to get anything of value of out it, someone asked if I could check them in with my ID, he had cash. . . I passed.
Needless to say I checked out in the morning and was able to get a room at a Comfort Inn in Catonsville.
I would never stay at this hotel for free or if paid less than $200 a night. . . an absolute sketchy ghetto dive is an understatement. You'd be safer staying in your own car; it's not worth saving the money here, go to any other chain hotel. The 2.5 star rating is complete garbage, do NOT believe that, do not go there, avoid it at all costs.
I'd post photos if I had thought to take a picture of such a dive, but I had no urge to remember The Welcome Inn.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

We saw the price of this hotel and the pictures looked nice...we booked...then upon check-in, we realized we had been deceived. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. Then place was dirty and did not match the pictures, had I known I could post pics here I would have taken them so as to show everyone the room they will actually get. The door to the bathroom slides into the wall, the tv barely worked, the bed was like a trampoline with dirty linen, the curtains were dingy and did not cover the windows, the carpet was coming up and dirty. The walls were dirty. The room was very small and did not have the advertised kitchen. It did have an old mini fridge that was covered in a wood grain contact paper being used as a tv stand. I went next door to another hotel to try and get a room and the front desk laughed because I was staying at this place. Needless to say I did not stay at this place. I had my wife and baby daughter and would not allow them to spend a night here. I was there for about an hour. Which was long enough to find another hotel using their phone book (at least one thing was up to par). When I went down to check out, the lady at the front desk informed me that they had advised all the hotel websites that the pictures shown were inaccurate. I would recommend anyone reading this pay an extra twenty dollars and stay at an actual chain so at you will know what you are getting.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to The Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!