“Overheard a drug deal!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Towson
A TripAdvisor Member
“Overheard a drug deal!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

I saw the price for the place, considered the location and booked for 2 nights. After being there for about 2 seconds I realized I had chosen poorly. I didn't feel safe parking my '92 Ford Taurus in the lot, the room was all types of sketchy, I could hear everything through the walls. I didn't have time to switch hotels that night so I dealt with it, I was beyond overjoyed to see my car there in the morning. While attempting to go to sleep I heard the door outside of my room (there were 4 rooms behind one main door) open and close about 50 times, I clearly overheard a drug deal. Once while going out to the car to get anything of value of out it, someone asked if I could check them in with my ID, he had cash. . . I passed.
Needless to say I checked out in the morning and was able to get a room at a Comfort Inn in Catonsville.
I would never stay at this hotel for free or if paid less than $200 a night. . . an absolute sketchy ghetto dive is an understatement. You'd be safer staying in your own car; it's not worth saving the money here, go to any other chain hotel. The 2.5 star rating is complete garbage, do NOT believe that, do not go there, avoid it at all costs.
I'd post photos if I had thought to take a picture of such a dive, but I had no urge to remember The Welcome Inn.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

We saw the price of this hotel and the pictures looked nice...we booked...then upon check-in, we realized we had been deceived. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. Then place was dirty and did not match the pictures, had I known I could post pics here I would have taken them so as to show everyone the room they will actually get. The door to the bathroom slides into the wall, the tv barely worked, the bed was like a trampoline with dirty linen, the curtains were dingy and did not cover the windows, the carpet was coming up and dirty. The walls were dirty. The room was very small and did not have the advertised kitchen. It did have an old mini fridge that was covered in a wood grain contact paper being used as a tv stand. I went next door to another hotel to try and get a room and the front desk laughed because I was staying at this place. Needless to say I did not stay at this place. I had my wife and baby daughter and would not allow them to spend a night here. I was there for about an hour. Which was long enough to find another hotel using their phone book (at least one thing was up to par). When I went down to check out, the lady at the front desk informed me that they had advised all the hotel websites that the pictures shown were inaccurate. I would recommend anyone reading this pay an extra twenty dollars and stay at an actual chain so at you will know what you are getting.

• Stayed April 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#23 of 61 in Baltimore
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Been to The Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Welcome Inn

Address: 8729 Loch Bend Dr., Towson, MD 21234
Location: United States > Maryland > Towson
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Towson
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your The Welcome Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Welcome Hotel Towson
Welcome Hotel Towson

If you own or manage The Welcome Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.