“Stay away PERIOD” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Welcome Inn

The Welcome Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Towson
The Welcome Inn
Save Saved
You added The Welcome Inn to your Saves list
8729 Loch Bend Dr., Towson, MD 21234   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Towson
maryland
“Stay away PERIOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

1st off, this place is a motel and a Extended Stay. All of these reviews are from the hotel. The pictures are from the extended stay.

This place is a dump and should be sut down but you know it is outside of the city and you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I had to stay here because all places in the area were booked. I would of slept in my car instead of checking in here but i saw a lot of shady people walking about and hanging out at midnight. I feared my own life. The front counter had a plastic wall in front of it. Just like when you go to a bank in a bad section. Never seen this at a hotel before.
My first room smelled like urnine, so I changed rooms. Not much better looking then the other ( we booked 2 rooms. I saw all 3, all the same). I came to my room only to find the lights off and door open. I turned the lights on, looked under the bed, and karate kicked the shower curtain.
The room i stayed in looked like someone puked on the rug and didn't do a good jobe of cleaning it up since it stained. The walls were dirty and the ceiling had water stains on it.The bed looked clean but we slept with our cloths on . My wife wore a hoody because she was afraid she was going to get bugs in her hair. The tv worked, the mini fridge looked like it came from the 80's ...ever hear of defrosting a mini fridge every so often? The bathroom looked clean other then broken tile. It was hot, smelled, and the AC kinda worked.
I was told this is a place were you bring girls to [--] at. Been like that for years. I witnessed this to be true. We kept all of our bags off of the floor, and didn't walk around bear foot. My wife cried herself to sleep.

• Liked — that I left the place the next morning
  • Disliked — listen to my wife cry
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I stayed in this motel for 6 days and it was terrible. My bath tub was covered in a grey film. I found out from the receptionist that only the extended stay clients apts were cleaned daily. Clients who rented rooms, had their rooms cleaned weekly. My sink was blocked for about 2 days so I had to use the toilet until the sink was fixed by the maintenance man 2 days later. The walls were filthy. The room stunk. The fridge was filthy . The air conditioner barely worked and of course I couldn't open the window for some fresh air. I had to leave my dirty linen on my room floor. To get clean linen, I had to ask the nice receptionist who referred me to the wooden bench in the lobby.

• Disliked — The squalor
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband and I went to the hotel to spend our Anniversary. Upon arrival the desk clerk acted as if we were bothering her by walking in the door. We disregarding her attitude since were getting such a good deal on the room itself. We paid cash for the room. We were given Room B224. After going up the room and looking around in disgust, we called down to the lobby and asked if there were any other rooms available and explained the reason why we were dissatified with the room. The desk clerk said "there no other rooms available" and she does not know what the rooms look like she just worked there and "she has her own house". At that point we went back to the lobby, turned in the key cards and requested our money back. She advised that we could not receive our money back today and we would be sent a check in the mail in 14 business days. What a mess, we paid cash for the room and we were there all of 5 minutes. The rooms in the brochure are nothing like the actual room. Very deceived!!!!

Stayed April 2007
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Did not stay at the hotel.It is the worst hotel I have ever been to; checked in and after going to the room, checked out. It is not in a good neighborhood and the rooms are disgusting. I would not not recommend this one to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the hotel itself
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

I saw the price for the place, considered the location and booked for 2 nights. After being there for about 2 seconds I realized I had chosen poorly. I didn't feel safe parking my '92 Ford Taurus in the lot, the room was all types of sketchy, I could hear everything through the walls. I didn't have time to switch hotels that night so I dealt with it, I was beyond overjoyed to see my car there in the morning. While attempting to go to sleep I heard the door outside of my room (there were 4 rooms behind one main door) open and close about 50 times, I clearly overheard a drug deal. Once while going out to the car to get anything of value of out it, someone asked if I could check them in with my ID, he had cash. . . I passed.
Needless to say I checked out in the morning and was able to get a room at a Comfort Inn in Catonsville.
I would never stay at this hotel for free or if paid less than $200 a night. . . an absolute sketchy ghetto dive is an understatement. You'd be safer staying in your own car; it's not worth saving the money here, go to any other chain hotel. The 2.5 star rating is complete garbage, do NOT believe that, do not go there, avoid it at all costs.
I'd post photos if I had thought to take a picture of such a dive, but I had no urge to remember The Welcome Inn.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

We saw the price of this hotel and the pictures looked nice...we booked...then upon check-in, we realized we had been deceived. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. Then place was dirty and did not match the pictures, had I known I could post pics here I would have taken them so as to show everyone the room they will actually get. The door to the bathroom slides into the wall, the tv barely worked, the bed was like a trampoline with dirty linen, the curtains were dingy and did not cover the windows, the carpet was coming up and dirty. The walls were dirty. The room was very small and did not have the advertised kitchen. It did have an old mini fridge that was covered in a wood grain contact paper being used as a tv stand. I went next door to another hotel to try and get a room and the front desk laughed because I was staying at this place. Needless to say I did not stay at this place. I had my wife and baby daughter and would not allow them to spend a night here. I was there for about an hour. Which was long enough to find another hotel using their phone book (at least one thing was up to par). When I went down to check out, the lady at the front desk informed me that they had advised all the hotel websites that the pictures shown were inaccurate. I would recommend anyone reading this pay an extra twenty dollars and stay at an actual chain so at you will know what you are getting.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to The Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!