“Never stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Welcome Inn

The Welcome Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Towson
The Welcome Inn
8729 Loch Bend Dr., Towson, MD 21234   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Towson
Parkville, Maryland
“Never stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend wanted a room ...the online picture and the actual room are tatally different .the room was poor looking ,the was was dirty ..comforter had a hole,I was scared to lay on the bed ,for $70 you would have thought it would have been a lil better I have stayed at motel 6 which is cheaper and place looks way better don't ever stay here ...yuck

• Stayed October 2013

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Parkville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Do not do it unless you like being in the ghetto. But why pay high prices when you can just stay in the ghetto. The employees are nasty and rude when you call and say there is a mouse problem, the wifi I use to work to pay for this place is not working. So I have been staying in the extended stay for a year and have paid more than $16000.00 and is disrespected so do you really think that going to show respect to someone who only stays a few days.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
zimbabwe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

i stayed there and got biten by bed bug, the front staff, a young african american male was not nice at all, bugs crawling up bathroom wall, bed was comfortble but bug was in it, hole in walls, i have proof of pics of bbed bugs, manager was nice, they have to exsterminate the place, hallway smell like cigarets smokers,price was okay but service was horable and its not clean at all

• Stayed December 2009
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

1st off, this place is a motel and a Extended Stay. All of these reviews are from the hotel. The pictures are from the extended stay.

This place is a dump and should be sut down but you know it is outside of the city and you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I had to stay here because all places in the area were booked. I would of slept in my car instead of checking in here but i saw a lot of shady people walking about and hanging out at midnight. I feared my own life. The front counter had a plastic wall in front of it. Just like when you go to a bank in a bad section. Never seen this at a hotel before.
My first room smelled like urnine, so I changed rooms. Not much better looking then the other ( we booked 2 rooms. I saw all 3, all the same). I came to my room only to find the lights off and door open. I turned the lights on, looked under the bed, and karate kicked the shower curtain.
The room i stayed in looked like someone puked on the rug and didn't do a good jobe of cleaning it up since it stained. The walls were dirty and the ceiling had water stains on it.The bed looked clean but we slept with our cloths on . My wife wore a hoody because she was afraid she was going to get bugs in her hair. The tv worked, the mini fridge looked like it came from the 80's ...ever hear of defrosting a mini fridge every so often? The bathroom looked clean other then broken tile. It was hot, smelled, and the AC kinda worked.
I was told this is a place were you bring girls to [--] at. Been like that for years. I witnessed this to be true. We kept all of our bags off of the floor, and didn't walk around bear foot. My wife cried herself to sleep.

• Liked — that I left the place the next morning
  • Disliked — listen to my wife cry
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I stayed in this motel for 6 days and it was terrible. My bath tub was covered in a grey film. I found out from the receptionist that only the extended stay clients apts were cleaned daily. Clients who rented rooms, had their rooms cleaned weekly. My sink was blocked for about 2 days so I had to use the toilet until the sink was fixed by the maintenance man 2 days later. The walls were filthy. The room stunk. The fridge was filthy . The air conditioner barely worked and of course I couldn't open the window for some fresh air. I had to leave my dirty linen on my room floor. To get clean linen, I had to ask the nice receptionist who referred me to the wooden bench in the lobby.

• Disliked — The squalor
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband and I went to the hotel to spend our Anniversary. Upon arrival the desk clerk acted as if we were bothering her by walking in the door. We disregarding her attitude since were getting such a good deal on the room itself. We paid cash for the room. We were given Room B224. After going up the room and looking around in disgust, we called down to the lobby and asked if there were any other rooms available and explained the reason why we were dissatified with the room. The desk clerk said "there no other rooms available" and she does not know what the rooms look like she just worked there and "she has her own house". At that point we went back to the lobby, turned in the key cards and requested our money back. She advised that we could not receive our money back today and we would be sent a check in the mail in 14 business days. What a mess, we paid cash for the room and we were there all of 5 minutes. The rooms in the brochure are nothing like the actual room. Very deceived!!!!

Stayed April 2007
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Did not stay at the hotel.It is the worst hotel I have ever been to; checked in and after going to the room, checked out. It is not in a good neighborhood and the rooms are disgusting. I would not not recommend this one to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the hotel itself
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!