“Fantastic fresh authentic Balinese BBQ seafood in Amed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Harmony Amed

Cafe Harmony Amed
Jl. Raya Amed, Ds. Bunutan, Kec. Abang | Karangasem - Bali, Amed, Abang, Bali 80811, Indonesia
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Amed
Cuisines: Indonesian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Germany
“Fantastic fresh authentic Balinese BBQ seafood in Amed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

After I couldn’t find a restaurant what I was looking for, I remembered me at the good reviews of the Café Harmony&Restaurant on Tripadvisor and decided to take my dinner there. I made a call and was asking if somebody can pick me up … Nyoman one of the owners was in felt seconds with his motorbike at my homestay to bring me there. The staff & Anis (owner) the heart of this place welcomed me so friendly. Anis helped me to decide, what I can choose from this card. She asked what I like and gave me some suggestions how she would like to prepare my dinner. Before my Barracuda filet (catch of the day) was grilled on the big outside grill she was showing me the freshness of this. My fish filet was just great …. it was served with some different kinds of tasty vegetables (cooked perfect), steamed rice and more than 5 delicious homemade sambals. Because I liked the fresh food so much, I decided to eat the most time during my stay in Amed here. Anis is wonderful, I had a special request after some diet meals and from this time on, she prepared all my dishes so, what helped me to lose a bit weight… I was happy and felt with my body comfortable from day to day. You can feel that Anis is cooking with a lot of love and it´s her passion. There is a big garden behind the restaurant, where Anis grows (organic) the most vegetable, fruits, herbs and spices for her cuisine. And what I really like is that she doesn’t take any artificial unhealthy amplifier (glutamate)!!!

Result: If you are looking for a restaurant with authentic fresh Balinese seafood for a favorable price without chemicals and an amazing view into the mountain, you have to go there! Veggis and kids are also welcome here and get food which they like. Don´t worry if you shouldn’t be nearby the restaurant … give them a call and they will pick you up quickly.

And if you still need an accommodation: They have also three really nice comfortable bungalows, with an open air bathroom and a nice private porch from which you have an amazing view.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent local food in a tranquil setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food and service were amazing here, with the owner very enthusiastic and passionate about her business. The sunset (although cloudy) behind the mountains provided an ideal setting for such a fantastic meal. We ate the seafood BBQ and Harmony Special Fried Noodles, both of which tasted great. Unfortunately we are leaving Amed today, otherwise we would have eaten here again. It is a drive from the centre of Amed (we were staying next door at Arya Amed ;)) however, the owner insisted that they offer a free shuttle service for people wanting to eat there. Highly recommended!

“Unforgettable visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food here was just amazing, with all herbs/spices fresh picked from the garden before your eyes. All seafood fresh from the morning markets, tasted absolutely unreal! We had 2 seafood dishes and the flavors were just perfect. The owner of the restaurant clearly takes so much pride in her food quickly jumping at the chance to educate us on the different flavors and how she prepares the meals. Giving us a complimentary garlic bread while waiting for our mains and a complimentary fruit salad afterwards added to the already amazing experience. I would go back in a heartbeat and also stay there next time as there is accommodation and a pool which is 5 days from being completed! THANK YOU for a perfect evening!

Parker, CO
“Small, open air, delicious and super friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stopped here based on a TripAdvisor review and were not disappointed. Small place, about 5 tables??? close to the street, open aired, with a back garden where they grow their own papaya, mangos, and other veggies. Their grill is nearby where they cook their delicious concoctions.
There were 3 adults and 3 children in our party. They had perfectly sized and yummy kids meals, and our adult meals were SUPERB!!!! The owner chatted with us, totally oblivious to the fact that they were on TripAdvisor! She was so excited to hear, and we gave her info! She also sent us back to our hotel with excess fruit from their garden!

Really, a very simple restaurant..clean with a good selection of very local dishes!

Visited December 2013
Amed
“Balinese food and BBQ seafood to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Balinese food made from fresh ingredients. Harmony is just a few hundred metres from my hotel, Arya. The BBQ seafood was great but because it is quiet now we were limited to barracuda for the fish. The owner gave showed us how she prepared all the herbs and spices for my wife's curry dish. The side sauces looked great and tasted just as good. Lemon grass, ginger, another I cannot remember - all mild. Also Balinese mild red sambal and a super hot green sambal.
The fried banana and black rice pudding for dessert were good but we all agreed that the coconut rolls were just brilliant.

Visited December 2013