“Barracuda & Banana Pancakes!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 53 Restaurants in Amed
Cuisines: Indonesian
Los Angeles, California
“Barracuda & Banana Pancakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We spent about a week in Amed, and ate at Apa Kabar three times, we loved it so much! Our first night, they had a fresh catch of barracuda, and we had what was probably the best meal of our lives. We also loved the banana pancakes and fried bananas, and basically everything we ate there was fabulous. Plus, they have a great bartender -- arrack for everyone! Warm and friendly staff, fresh and delicious food, a great view, and easy walking distance from many of the best Amed sights and hotels/villas. Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Darwin, Australia
“Brilliant location, staff and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My recent trip to Amed was my fifth in almost 10 years. This however was the first time I stayed in this district and I fell in love with the place. Helpful staff, great food and good prices made it a regular haunt for me.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow
“Very good restaurant in excellent location with stunning view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very good restaurant with excellent view. Friendly staff. Relaxing atmosphere. Tasty local food at reasonable price. We liked the table with pillows instead of chairs. They serve fried peanuts to beer.

Visited June 2013
losangeles
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is right on the beach and serves delicious local food. I ordered the same dish that my husband had eaten the day before and was disappointed when it was presented differently. I asked the server why it wasn't served in the same way and she said "We have a different cook today." It did, however, taste delicious. We especially liked the sauces that livened up the plain white rice. Our 9 year old had fun feeding the Koi fish in the pond. This place offers good local food right on the beach.

Visited May 2013
Bali, Indonesia
“Great vibes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food and service has always been good at Apa Kabar. Even if I do not eat there, I often like to walk down from Katana Villa to enjoy a nice cold bintang and fried peanuts around 5 pm while watching the fishermen come in. Once I saw a whale passing by... awesome. The staff is also very friendly and welcome people to play chess with them....Great vibes.

Visited March 2013