“Great intro freediving course!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apneista Freediving & Yoga

Apneista Freediving & Yoga
Amed Bali, Amed, Abang, Bali, Indonesia (Formerly Apneista Bali Freediving & Yoga)
+62 812-3826-7356
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 27 Activities in Amed
Type: Classes/Workshops, Adventure
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great intro freediving course!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I did the two day basic course with Matthew and loved it! There is a great classroom session that allows you to understand what is happening with the oxygen in your body when you hold your breath and dive to depth. It really put my mind at ease knowing what was happening inside of my body.

Matthew was a great instructor and kept me calm in the water despite some rough rainy season conditions. I was not prepared for how peaceful and calm it would be underneath the water - it was really a wonderful experience. I highly recommend the basic course to anyone interested in freediving!

Honolulu, Hawaii
“An Outstanding Experience, Top-to-Bottom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I did the Basic Course with my partner. What a GREAT class. Although I have been freediving for over 10 years, this course helped me take my diving to a new level. I have never been able to coax my partner under the water with me, but she felt so safe in this setting and so enjoyed the class that she is now diving to 15 meters regularly.
I went on to take the Advanced Course as well. I can not say enough about the quality of these teachers. Scuba classes are found anywhere by the dozens, but this class is worth the trip to Bali in itself. These guys are not about machisto competition, they are teaching people how to find more comfort and joy in the water.
And, did you know there is a cafe here also? We are vegetarian and during our 12 days in Bali we did not find any place where we enjoyed the food as much: clean, fresh food and great smoothies and juices. Even if you aren't diving, stop in for lunch!

København, Danmark
37 attraction reviews
“Very good dive course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Took a short freediving course - and made it to 17 meters (feet first) and 12 m (head first).

After 12 years of scubadiving I wanted to try going under without the equipment and had a very good course. The theoretics behind the breath holding (and impressive world records that were quoted). You get oxygen things on your fingers that show the urge to breathe is not due to oxygen - so you can ignore the feeling for a while.

Unfortunately I had trouble completing the course as I am unable to equalize my ears when I am inverted vertically - I can do it perfectly with my head upwards... go figure!
I did not complete the 2 day course in time, but the teacher let me have one extra outing with him the next day and I was able to go the minimum 10 meters "head first" . A big thanks for going the extra mile.

Some of the other students went all the way to 20 m with little effort - had I had more time I would have loved to try a few more days - and work-around my upside-down-equalization troubles.

The associated restaurant has som nice choices - but could be a bit cheaper.

Visited July 2013
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Cant recommend doing this enough! My partner and I did the 2 day course together. We both love the water, scuba dive, surf ect and my boyfriend already is quite good at freediving for spearing so he wasn't sure if he would get much out of the course but were happy to say we both learnt heaps and have improved our breath holds noticeably. Ive always been a little nervy about freediving and just wanted to be able to relax underwater and with our instructor Kwab's endless patience I made it to about 15m! 3 times better than I could do before! Im not a big fan of yoga but the yoga aspect was very relaxing pre dive and helped heaps and ive already noticed a huge difference in my snorkelling and am much more chilled out when held down by waves surfing. Kwab is a great and very professional teacher. Classes and right on the beach and only a short swim out the practice freediving. Also the food served at Apnestia is amazing!

“Free diving training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

It was a great training! I was able to learn advanced techniques and how to apply them on real conditions.
I really look forward to come back for the level 2.
I must say that the most important part of the experience was our instructor Kwab. He was awesome and very professional on teaching and pushing our limits, but taking all the care to keep us safe and confident.
He motivated us all the time, but was always clear on telling what should be improved.
On the top of this all I must emphasize that the group I was part was really good to be with. We had different levels of skills but never had a competitive approach. Actuality we always motivated and complimented each other.
So if you like diving and are in Bali, don't miss the opportunity to participate on the trainings at Apneista.