“Great dive center to make you fond of diving!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 27 Activities in Amed
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a French and English dive center. We propose SSI and PADI quality courses from introduction dives to Instructor training courses. We want to offer our divers more than just dive business as usual. We are the opposite of factory diving, a small operation offering personalized service. We love what we do and we want to keep it that way.
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
“Great dive center to make you fond of diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I wanted a human-sized dive center to learn diving and found all I needed at Baruna. All the team is making you feel very well, inside and outside the water. Antoine and his team are super professional and fun, from the warm welcome (Thanks to Kadek for the hot tea/coffee before and after the dive!) until the end of dive.
I passed my open water with Charles who has been very patient with me, the dives around Amed are amazing, full of wonderful fish, corals and other big and small things (well, I'm still stuck when it comes to give them names...). The pictures taken during the dives are also great memories.
I ended my stay there by going a bit further with Antoine and Darta to see some manta rays which was one of the most beautiful and graceful animal I've seen in my life.
I'm definitely into diving now thanks to them and can't wait to see more!

Visited August 2012
MadeSuparta, Owner at Baruna Dive Center Bali, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Gaelle,
Thank you for choozing us for your diving course. We hope to see more manta with you !!! The Baruna team wish you nice trips !!
Best kind regards.

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
“Excellent dive centre with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I took my 12 y/d son for intro’ dive in Amed and used the service of Baruna DiveCentre.
The whole process of introducing the dive world to my son was perfect, done by Antonie (the owner) with great attention to detai , and as a diver instructor myself I can recognize a very good service.
The diving was amazing (a lot of see life, beautiful wreck, great drift dive and awesome coral gardens),all recorded on DVD free of charge by the D.C .
All in all, a very welcoming and friendly team, and a very enjoyable dives.
Baruna Dive Centre is highly recommended, and I defiantly will back to them next year.
Avi and Oran
Australia

Visited June 2012
Dear Avi,
Thanks again for sharing your diving expérience with us. I hope that you and your son will come back to make some more good dives. We really enjoyed the moments passed with you. The Baruna team send you the best greeting !
Regards.
bali
“THE PLACE TO BE IN BALI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Hello guys !
I have taken my time to write my comment because Antoine deserves it, he took lots more time with me to share his passion !If you ever thought diving in Bali or around Tulamben and Amed THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE , YOU CANNOT FIND BETTER ! To give a bit of a credibility of what I am saying, I am a French DM with more than 200 dives in Australia, Tasmania, Antilles, Reunion and Mauritius and still the numerous dives sites they offer are really nice.It is a small dive center with Antoine, the DI owner and Dartha his DM. Both of them are really friendly and awesome divers. If Antoine is busy with some intros and courses you will then dive with Dartha : you won’t believe how he is good in macro ! It is a real sniper and he’ll make of your panoramic dive on the wreck a ‘’macro-panoramic’’ dive witch mean that when you’ll be looking at the school of giant trevallies he will have find a tiny pigmee sea horses !They will make all their best to make your dives the dream regarding your desires and xp and are even ready to change the schedule to avoid being at the same spot with all others divers, and it works… You will find in Antoine a very friendly, passionate and serious eco-diver. I have seen how he has been dealing with 3 non qualified discovering divers and I am sure they will never forget their first dive !I have never seen a professionalism like this before in such a funny and relaxing way ! the 3 girls were still smiling 2 hours after the dive and left with 150 free pictures !If you find a bit cheaper cost in some others centres it will be without the brand new equipment , the free pictures, tea and time they will give you with all their heart. Antoine is not obsess about money, he is obsess about diving and he’d be happy to give you informations about all the dives in Bali even if you not dive with him and if you are a serious diver you might find a real buddy for some crazy dives out of the popular spots… He is only opening his business, I wish him all the best and I wish you a very nice diving trip, trust me YOU WON’T REGRET IT.

Visited June 2012
Dear Guillaume,
Thanks again for sharing your diving experience with us in Amed. We enjoyed those moments in your company. I hope that after your very long trip you will come back for some more dives with us. The Baruna team wish you a good trip!!
Best regards.
Bali, Indonesia
“We had a very good time at Baruna Divecenter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Originally we just wanted to do two or three days of diving, but we were so happy with Baruna Dive that we stayed more then a week! The diving was amazing (big schools of fish, superb wreck, exiting drifts, mindblowing macro!!! and the best corals i have seen in a long time) Very passionate and experienced crew and everybody was so friendly and helpfull all the time, hard to find places nowadays with such great service.!!!
What also convinced us was to dive with them was that they by far had the best maintained equipment of all the shops we inquired and all was super organized and clean. Also what we saw they are the only ones who make you a free Photo Cd of all your dives!
We did not stay at their place at first but moved there the next day as their accommodations at the Citra lestari Resort just next to the diveshop the rooms are only between 10-20 $ for 2 inlcuding breakfast, there is a nice pool , beautiful garden and the rooms are very nice (real western standard) and cleaned every day.
We want to thank Antoine and Darta and all the great staff of the diveshop and resort for the amazing time we had there and we wil come again next July!

Visited May 2012
MadeSuparta, Gérant at Baruna Dive Center Bali, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello Nico!

Thanks for choosing us for your diving trip in Bali. We are very happy to read your appreciation about our diving team and the diversity of diving we offer, and it was great to dive with you. Also all Baruna's team is hopping to see you soon again.

Kind regards.

Baruna Team
San Francisco
“Amazing experience, friendly service, new and clean equipment, free photos, adventurous dives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

If you want to dive in Amed, around Amed, and Tulamben, choose Baruna Dive Center. Antoine, the owner and dive instructor, has a rich background in diving and instructing in several different countries, including Mexico and Madagascar. He has dived since the age of 8 and started his business to give others the opportunity he had growing up. He's seen the good and the bad at several different dive shops, in the way they managed their equipment and dives. From this, he has a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance when it comes to his equipment, which is very important. All of his equipment is new since he opened doors about one month ago. He speaks French, English, and Balinese.

I chose to get my open water SSI license and am very happy with my total experience. The class was a group of 3 and Antoine made sure we all completely understood each skill and the theory behind it. I felt so comfortable in the water with Antoine as our teacher. He houses a wealth of knowledge about diving and the culture of Bali, so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

An advantage for the open water course is that he provides 6 dives instead of 4. And the kicker is that he provides a free CD of photos of your dives and of sea animals you encounter so that you have tangible memories to take home. He may even share with you a glass of locally-made Arak to celebrate earning your license.

In summary, I completely enjoyed my dive experience with Baruna. Antoine is one of the best. Choose Baruna and you won't be disappointed!

I can also recommend the bungalows next door to Baruna called Citra Lestari - clean, modern, and with pool and breakfast.

Hello Amelie,

Thanks for choosing us for your diving trip in Bali. We are very happy to read your appreciation about our disponibility and it was great to dive with you. Also all Baruna's team is hopping to see you soon again.

Kind regards.