“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A small friendly dive resort offering relaxed, safe and professional diving and instruction.
Halifax, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We arrived at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows not even knowing about Adventure Divers Bali. But we had wanted to learn to dive for years, and it seemed the right place and the right time for us (not to mention that David and Lisa seemed so wonderful and genuine) so we signed up. David was an excellent instructor who must have been a favorite teacher in a past life, because his teaching methods were just right. He kept even the classroom lessons interesting, informative and fun. The support team, including Jim and Wayan, were also great guys to have in the water with us. When we came back from a dive the lunch was good, and the endless tea, coffee and cookies were always a real boost. We did another two dives with David after the course to fix in our minds what we had learned and I'm so glad we did.

• Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“GREAT DIVING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

As I was staying at geri giri shanti bungalows (see my other review) I had to do some diving. I'm a a certified diver and I had done some diving with other companies before in Bali but Adventure divers are the best by far. While they are very professional they also make you feel very comfortable and welcomed. I found in the other places that they lacked this quality. I believe that feeling comfortable is very important especially when travelling solo which I was. Diving with adventure divers was like doing it with your own professional friends. I loved it !! and can't wait to do it again!!

3 attraction reviews
“My new holiday home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had two weeks' diving with Adventure Divers, and spent my second week staying at the attached Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows (I'd already booked in elsewhere for my first week). This was easily the friendliest and most laid-back place I've been scuba diving. The staff were all amazingly fun and friendly, and everything is looked after for you - gear, transport, lunch, and caffeine supply!

I planned to stay only one week in Amed, but my schedule changed and I'd been having such a brilliant time I decided to extend my holiday and spend another week. The atmosphere at the dive centre is very friendly, and there's always someone around to have a chat to or plenty of books around to brush up on your fish knowledge, or plan your next trip.

There are some fantastic sites nearby, obviously the Liberty wreck was a major highlight and it was great to get there before the crowds - definitely worth the 5am wake up! I was amazed by all the life and coral, particularly as I visited during the wet season. We saw pygmy seahorses, nudibranchs, bumphead parrotfish, lionfish, and many others I can't recall at present. A great range from the teeny to the enormous. We also managed to squeeze in a trip to Nusa Penida to hang out with some mantas, which we somehow managed despite unfavourable weather! Well worth the bumpy ride on the boat, and something I'll always remember.

Massive thanks to Liselotte, David, and all your staff for such a memorable and enjoyable holiday, and making me feel so much at home. Hope to see you all again very soon!

Perth, Australia
“Best and safest around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our experience with Adventure Divers Bali was one of the best I've had. We did a lot of research to find the best and safest diving place around and heard nothing but great things about Adventure Divers. And everything we heard came to be true. This was my familes and my first time diving and the support we were given by the dive masters was incredible. Everything was at our own pace so we felt comfortable and all the skills we needed to know before going in the water were taught thoroughly and carefully so we knew what to do in any given situation.

Our dive masters were very experienced and made us feel very safe at all times, not leaving our side and were so good at instructing us even under the water. Everybody on the team is very proffessional and knows what they are doing, and also you feel as you are part of their family and 100% comfortable with them.

An unforgettable experience.We are already planning our next stay at Geria Giri Shanti and Adventure Divers Bali :)

Chambly, Quebec, Canada
“Best dive center in Amed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you go in Amed, you have to book with David and Liselotte! It was the best dive in my life! don't miss the shipwreck dive

Visited November 2012