“great stay with beautiful bungalow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arya Amed Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Arya Amed Beach Resort to your Saves list
Arya Amed Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bunutan, Amed, Abang, Bali 80852, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 39 Amed B&B and Inns
Denpasar, Indonesia
“great stay with beautiful bungalow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

such a great memories we had ,love the room love the great out door bath room and love the huge club sandwich we had :) with good price ( could be the biggest sandwich we had on holiday) and nice staff around us :) will back soon for sure

Room Tip: bring some dvd movie with you because some problem with tv channel :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in the Bungalows near the pool, beach and restaurant. It was peaceful and spectacular. Great beds and outside washrooms!! The beach is rocky but the pool was great. We recommend massages by the pool. Great place to relax! Food was good and there is a grocery store accross the street for fruit and alcohol. We snorkelled off of Coral Bay renting a fishing boat from the hotel and loved it. Wayan D. drove us from Amed to Ubud stopping at all the places we wanted to see. He was FANTASTIC!!

Dan, Laurie, Cynthia, Johnny, David
BC, Canada

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long drive and was greeted by friendly and helpful staff on reception. I even met the manager and owner who were delightful and explained where were the best places to go and things to see.
My room was lovely; four-poster bed, Aircon, Flat screen TV with cable and a DVD player and I even had a sea view.
The restaurant is on the sea front and next to the infinity pool -certainly a good place to relax and unwind with a good meal and glass of wine.
There are tours available; scuba diving, snorkeling and even moped hire.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Amed- i extended my stay whilst here and arranged a good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Paris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is well located on the beach and has fine facilities. The pool is nice and the rooms are clean with nice mosquito nets. However the management is lacking. Our shower doesn't drain. We had irregular drinking water deliveries. The restaurant was a real challenge. Flies, flies everywhere. And management's solution was to bring a lighted candle. So during the course of breakfast the candle wax fills up with dead flies. Some of the staff are delightful. But they need better training. Also when I went to the front desk to arrange a long distance trip they quoted me 1600000 rupiah for a trip I organized myself for 600000 rupiah. The hotel is pretty empty. A couple of Brits, French, Russians and a large number of Indonesians. If coming back I think I will check out santai where we had an expensive. It delicious meal. The rate was cheap but I would not come back here.

• Stayed December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed 10 nights and had many different experiences; some great, some extremely disappointing, With wonderfully kept grounds, a select number of large villas with grand and generous outdoor bathrooms and a gracious swimming pool area tucked by the sea, the hotel has the potential of being among the best resorts in Amed. Its location close to the centre adds to its allure. It unfortunately has some critical weaknesses. In the first instance it would benefit from a restaurant upgrade; a lovely setting is just not matched by a creative menu and cuisine. The breakfast is adequate even if formulaic. By the third day, they had mastered the omelet. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. However when faced with a serious problem, they lack guidance and direction. Our villa was invaded by a mouse/rat who refused to leave. We mentioned it every morning at the front desk. the first day they addressed the issue by cleaning the floor. Our rodent guest became more bold crawling over and into all our bags and continued to disturb our sleep and general comfort. The second day; they sent in another cleaning crew and the third day a security contingent. On the forth day we suggested traps. They agreed and put one archaic excuse for a trap in a totally inappropriate place. We helped that night by repositioning the device and the rodent helped by eating the bait and not firing the trap door. A potentially great experience was marred by a staff unprepared and unable to deal with a common problem. This is not the inadequacy of staff but the inability of management of taking the business of hoteling seriously. With so many facilities with vacancies even in the high season, I would recommend just shopping around for the best.

Room Tip: ask for villas. they will show you the worst rooms first and then work you up to their best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel looks better in the web pictures than it actually is. The best part of the Arya is the pool area. It all goes down hill from there.
We didn't eat in the restaurant which we found uninspiring.
The room was large with a big comfy bed but the airconditioner was leaking all over the table underneath. We had a kettle in our room to boil water but no mugs/cups or tea/coffee to drink. Go figure.....
Probably get better a better deal and accommodation in a private villa.
Ken H
Adelaide

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lonavala, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this place for 5 nights and everything went very well for the first three. The hotel rooms are beautiful and it is located right by the beach so, its really cool. The food at the restaurant is decent. You might get bored of the limited breakfast menu, so do go out and try something else. Now, Amed has really good diving spots and thats exactly why I went there. I had arranged my diving with a good dive shop. I had my booking done for this hotel via Expedia. I thought it was slightly expensive for south east asia.

I had dived for three days straight so I wanted to take a day doing nothing but relax at the hotel. On the fourth day, it started to rain and I was pretty much stuck to the hotel. The power at the hotel went off and they did not care to start the back up gen set. First, I was told that there is no gen set, then I was told that there is no fuel in it and since all this was happening at 4 am in the morning, it was very annoying. Perhaps they didnt care as I was the only guest in the hotel at that time. Finally, they started the generator again at 6 am and it was shut at 6:30 due to over heating. It was getting to me as it was all happening in last couple of days of my trip. I decided to leave a day early and spend a night in Kuta. It was still raining in and around Amed, but I took the risk of leaving. I lost one night's money to Expedia as the hotel refused to pay it back. I did not argue.

The hotel staff is decent but they dont speak and understand very little english. Now, I have travelled to a lot of places where English isnt the first language, but they usually have at least one rep who understands you. The night manager had family issues and had left the hotel the same night when there was electricity trouble. The other guys didn't understand me (perhaps conveniently).

I am generously giving it an average rating as the hotel rooms are very nice. Only if they had a generator that worked, it would help them get a lot better review from me. But, I doubt they care.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Arya Amed Beach Resort? Share your experiences!