“Horrible quality - even for a backpacker” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Narmadha

Hotel Narmadha
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kanyakumari
Hotel Narmadha
You added Hotel Narmadha to your Saves list
Kovalam Road, Kanyakumari 629704, India   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Kanyakumari B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Horrible quality - even for a backpacker”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I found this hotel in the Indian Lonely Planet guidebook, but I unfortunately did not have a good experience. As I was just passing through Kanyakumari for a quick visit to the tip of India on my multi-month backpacking tour of India, I was planning for just a one night stay and did not expect much. Thus, when I first inspecte the room, I agreed to it even though it was very basic and did not look to clean, mostly the bathroom was dirty (500 Rs price convinced me). However, when I returned after dinner to my bed, I started to notice bugs crawling on the sheet and me. I examined to find many species and a few that look like bed bugs. After looking at google images, I confirmed that they were bed bugs.

It took some arguing and visual proof to get my money back before I left to the place next door. I would not recommend unless you are a budget, lucky traveller.

Room Tip: They have a lot of rooms so go in person and negotiate aggressively. Also, there are many places of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Hotel Narmadha is located close to the centre of Kanyakumari (it's not a big town.)

I had one of two rooms at the front with a balcony overlooking the sea. The room was basic, without mosquito net so I got bit quite a lot.

Bathroom had a squat toilet and a pathetic dribble of a shower.

There often wasn't electricity. During the day this left me with no fan but in the evening they used a generator when necessary.

Staff were quite friendly although they didn't speak much English. One had the cheek to ask me for a tip when I left even though he'd done nothing but I took pity and gave him something.

Can't remember how much I paid but you should bargin.

Room Tip: Try for one of the two rooms at the front with balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Narmadha? Share your experiences!