Our family after almost 15 years, with great excitement ventured for a weekend of fun in August 2013 to the misleading “Patodia Estate“in Lonavala
As the above caption states – our experience of the so called Villas was nothing short of a few scenes out of a horror movie. Our first reaction when we arrived at the place was complete shock ------------
The promised two villas were actually located one behind the other, connected by a path way/road , which was steep, slippery and mud sledged, (instead of being next to each other with a common garden). A few of the family members had nasty accidents resulting in injury to their back.
This property is a classic example of a place which has not been maintained and obviously little do the owners care:-
• Both the Villas were full of leakages with musty, damp odor in all rooms. Some of the rooms had massive leakage with extremely clammy walls.
• Broken beds another specialty of the space. In one of the rooms, it appeared the legs of the bed had broken, hence the bed was kept on the floor against a moist and leaking wall.
• The condition of the mattresses less spoken the better, as this again caused injury to a an elderly family members back
• The much promised TV and fridge facility existed only in one Villa- and this Villa had the maximum dampness on the walls, making it unfit to even sit
• The linen had foul odor.
• Considering we needed extra mattresses in all rooms ( which was conveyed well in advance) , the place did not have sufficient pillows and blankets
• The dismal utensils, crockery and cutlery existing in the kitchen were dirty and we often managed with disposables
• The deceptive photographs of the Villas online, perhaps would have been taken when the space was newly created hence, completely misleading in its current condition
• Whilst booking and paying the advance money, the fact we had a family member on a wheel chair was communicated. Unfortunately- the Villa had steep steps and thanks to the young men in the family we managed to carry the wheel chair over the steps – else we would have not known what to do
• The list of our woes can just go on and on ---------------------------------
The saving grace of the place was:-
• Clean toilets
• The care takers were very cooperative, always available and helpful in their limited capacity.
This space is highly NOT RECOMMENDED.
We booked this premise, based on the feedback we read on tripadvisor and now we hope our review helps save others from the ordeal we suffered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lush green hills and a pollution-free environment greet you as you enter Lonavla and veer towards the city centre. Tucked away in a neat corner of the city is the area of Tungarli, where quiet and solitude abounds and loud traffic noises are at the minimum. At the same time, a mere 10 mins drive from the city centre, Tungarli offers you expansive space in the laps of the mountains.A pristine, natural river winds around the homes, a set of four independent bungalows, with their own developed gardens, driveways and compounds. ... more less