“strategically planned property; perfect for a weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cosset - A Boutique Hotel

You added Cosset - A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Cosset - A Boutique Hotel
Opposite Hotel Rama Krishna | Mumbai Pune Road, Lonavala 410401, India (Formerly Cosset Comfort & Cuisine)   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Lonavala B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“strategically planned property; perfect for a weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

They pretty much live up to their name i.e. 'Cosset'.
Its a beautiful, centrally located, cozy hotel, with a patio. The food quality is excellent esp the Dal Khichdi (not everyone can that make so tasty). The staff is very proactive, polite & helping, Service quality is excellent. Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfy.

few things that I liked less were :
Welcome drink (if there were options for juice or coconut water,it would be even better)
Foot mats/ Rugs inside the room (they furnished it, instantly after our feedback though)

However, We thank the whole team for providing such a wonderful & pleasant experience. And whenever we'll visit Lonavala next, Cosset would be our first choice....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RahulSethiLonavala, Owner at Cosset - A Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Manisha,

At the onset thank you for choosing 'Cosset' for your stay in Lonavala, and thank you for your kind words.

It makes me glad to hear that you were well attended by our team during your stay with us, and you also enjoyed the food we serve at Cosset. We indeed are a small establishment, centrally situated, and trying to make the best of our resources.

We definitely will be introducing variety in the welcome drink we serve at the hotel :) We hope to cater to you soon again.

Thanks and Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

One in other way half of my trip got ruined because of staying in this hotel....I have little bad experience....I visited this hotel 1st March stayed till 3rd March

By Looking at the reviews in trip adviser i booked two rooms for two days to visit along with my family to get relax after long Pilgrimage trip

we entered into the hotel at 5 in evening (though we booked from morning 10.00 PM)...the first shock i got is...no lift in hotel....and all rooms are in 1st and 2nd floor...When i asked RahulSethi during check-in surprisingly i got rough response saying "We didnt mentioned in website that we have lift" though they never talked about the lift in their hotel description.......(hmmmm May be it is my mistake that expecting hotels will have lifts when you are spending 3k for single day)

Second when we entered into room to occupy, the stinky smoke smell welcomed us, and both of us immediately ran out of room, asked the boys to show other rooms....we checked 3 rooms and all three are at same ocndition with very strong smell of cigarette smoke.....Immediately we decided to vacate the hotel.....but because of i came with my parents and i dont want to keep them in trouble in searching for other hotels, we asked management to spray the Room freshener multiple times...(Of course even after spray that smell didnt go off later we got habit of that smell)...

And last very bad experience was, as our flights are booked at late night at pune airport, we asked the hotel management will do late check in max of 3 hours extra we may stay in hotel...so that we can minimize the waiting time at airport....for that they showed day tariff plan and asked us to pay 1500rs per staying extra 3 hours...even after multiple discussion they didn't negotiate on the price and they said hardly give us 30 mts extra for check out....means if you wont do checkout by 11:30 you should pay 1500 rs for single room....if it is on-season then they can justify all rooms are occupied...but we visited in Off-season and we saw min of 2 to 3 rooms are vacant on the day(Monday) we are doing check-out.....Because of this Half of my trip got ruined cause of we are in dailama in stretching by paying extra amount OR go out and rome by making my parents rest less.....In last couple of years i have visited many hotels...but never saw any hotel charging extra amount for delay in check-outs....

Finally we decided to pay that amount 1500rs and stayed there...but at the end they negotiated this amount to 1000 for 3 hours stretch.......

Other than these bad expe...Hotel was Ok to just stay, sleep and watching TV. room are maintained clean no disturbance.....food also good and delicious..but no bar...rooms are good for couples and bachelors if you wont consider the price against to what you are getting. Person at reception is nice given good suggestion

also As it situated middle of the location....food in surrounding hotels are costly and it is an extra burden to you....

Room Tip: Beware of Extra payments for late checkouts Not preferable for parents and senior citizens Need to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RahulSethiLonavala, Owner at Cosset - A Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Sivaa,

Thank you for your very valuable review. I partly agree with the title of your review, for couples and a little strict for families. Sir I have my number on display when it comes to bookings, +91-9823138381, and if people call me to ask if we can have an accommodation for a family, I have been vocal and clear about it, agreeing and mentioning that all our rooms are couple occupancy and are not family rooms.

More so ever since we do not have a play area, or swimming pool, or lawn, it ain't the first choice for a family arriving with kids. I have personally said this to many who have wished to stay with us, and no where have we mentioned these amenities on our website or associated portals (makemytrip in your case). I am deeply apologetic if you found my response rude, but I only told you that we do not have a lift, because you looked STUNNED not finding one. And there this presumption has made you rate us average inspite of you agreeing and writing " room are maintained clean no disturbance.....food also good and delicious....rooms are good for couples.....Person at reception is nice given good suggestion " (statements from your review).

We strictly do not allow smoking in the room, precisely because the rooms gets stuffed. I am sorry if you had a little smoke smell in your room, but I am sure the house keeling must have been on their toes to spray freshener to make you comfortable. Inspite of asking people not to smoke, a few just seem to not get it, and we realise the damage when a guest is checking out.

Sir I agree with your statements of charging you for a late check out, and I would continue to follow this as a policy. I have no regrets of charging for a late checkout, and I believe even a guest should not have a problem in paying if he intends to stay till 3 or 4, apart from the usual checkout of 11 am. If you are using the services till late I fail to understand your reason to not pay extra. That policy will continue to remain, I apologize to disagree with you on this.

Thank you again for your valuable time to write this review for us. I hope we are allowed to cater to you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had been there in Feb 2014..nothing to complain about ...must go to place when in Lonavla..food is good,room service is excellent and well maintained..very cosy and awsome to stay in..centrally located so close to every other place and can be easily accessed..personally one of best trips and definetly a recommended place for folks who woudnt mind shelling out an extra buck for luxury and an enjoyable stay!!

Room Tip: Room with Marilyn Monroe::P
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RahulSethiLonavala, Owner at Cosset - A Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for choosing Cosset for your stay in Lonavala, and also for your very kind words. Marilyn Monroe is room 103, the next time you could also try a Micheal Jackson or a Jimi Hendrix or Led Zeppelin. It could be your reason to visit us again :)

Thanks again for your visit and we hope to cater to you soon again.
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Thankyou team Rahul Sethi to make our stay so comfortable, the staff is very warm and courteous and the food was great. the Interiors are very well done and the housekeeping staff does a good job in keeping the place tidy.
Though some items on the menu could be unavailable due to any reason but the staff at the reception is helpful in choosing from the chef's special. We were suggested Mushroom Manchurian and I loved it.
The property is located in the middle of the market and is a stone throw away from most essentials. The owner has done his best and prevented the noise almost 80% with the choice of glass for the windows, however if you are visiting lonavala for a quite getaway you may want to stay in more isolated locations, tucked away in by lanes. Its an independent choice since the hotel clearly states its location to be where it is.
We were helped with directions to Pawna Dam which has made our weekend memorable, its one of the most scenic locations, the evening sunset is breathtaking. Thanks for everything, we look forward to visit again.

Dear Neha,
I would primarily want to thank you for seeing me personally and appreciating an earnest effort the team is trying to put in to make the stay of patrons like you as comfortable as it can. That is our biggest achievement and inspiration. Thanks again.

I am glad you tried and liked our recommendation of mushroom manchurian, which also happens to be one of my personal favourites. It was my pleasure to meet you, I hope we cater to you soon again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was out first overnight trip to Lonavala and the experience has been unique. The location of this hotel is very convenient. The quality of rooms is at par with most 5-star hotels. Rooms have been brilliantly designed for superior comfort. One doesn't feel like stepping out! We were hoping that we would get the ones with the Celebrity graffiti but doesn't matter. The ones with wallpapers are quite good as well. The service was amazing. All the people associated with this hotel were very hospitable and humble. The food was amazing. Better than most good restaurants in the area. Thanks to Cosset we had a wonderful weekend.. Would love to visit again...

Dear Mandar,
At the onset thank you for choosing Cosset for your stay in Lonavala. Thank you for your kind words. It makes us mighty glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

Only these kind words of patrons like you, inspires us to keep going and keep trying to better your stay. I humbly thank you again for your very kind words and hope to cater to you soon again.
Noida, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stay in this hotel was the trip spoiler. The room was damped and stinking. Very high charges for the food which was not edible at all. The only positive thing was that the location, very near to market and easily approachable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RahulSethiLonavala, Owner at Cosset - A Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ankit,

Thank you for your review and I am apologetic if we in some manner 'spoiled' your trip. With regards our menu card rates, the tray breakfast we serve has a tag of INR 99 that includes a dish (eggs to order / veg options), beverage, goblet of juice, toasts and preserves.

Our menu card has rates mentioned as INR 130 and INR 180 for Veg and Non-Veg main course dishes respectively, again believing we are pretty reasonable as compared to contemporaries, in terms of taste (ingredients) and quantity.

Food not being edible is questionable, because no complaints were raised by you and the clearance brought out from your room came with no left overs in it.

With regards the dampness, a couple of rooms do have these small damp patches (outside the shower area) which are being dealt with on priority.

I have put our side of the picture for our guests to do the math. We were still honored to have you come stay with us and would feel privileged if we are allowed to play host to you for your next visit also.
Gandhidham, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just 5 mins from the station, and in the main market area, this place is worth every positive review given to it here on tripadvisor!
Booked this reading the reviews which at first seemed too good to be true (since there are so many positives) but believe me they are :) !
This place is exactly how it should be. There are practically NO staff problems, food troubles, bad towels, troublesome bathroom floors, unclean bedsheets, pseudo ACs, bad paints.
Glass walled bathrooms with a curtain!
Nope, no traffic noise in the rooms either! A clean and comfortable room with an extremely cordial staff that is always in a good mood to wish you a good day, that's Cosset :)!

I practically had no problems whatsoever with the hotel! In fact this would always be a go-to place for me on a weekend hike to the place.

Okay i'll give you atleast one thumbs down or else you wont believe me being so positive.
The welcome drink! It sucked :-/ It's better to do away with it altogether :)

Dear Abhimanyu,

Thank you for your insightful review and kind recommendation. The best payback the team can get, is by these kind words of appreciation from guests like you. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Lonavala.

I smiled to myself when I read your welcome drink comment. Its Kokum we serve in welcome drink, which we could change. Or least we could have options given to the guests, for them to take a pick.

Thanks again for your time to write this kind review, we hope to cater to you soon again.

Been to Cosset - A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!