“Memorable Moments...Courtesy Jude Michael & Team.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citrus Hotel Lonavala

You added Citrus Hotel Lonavala to your Saves list
Citrus Hotel Lonavala
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   D T Shahani Road | Near BSNL Telephone Exchange, Lonavala 410401, India   |
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Lonavala
Pune, India
“Memorable Moments...Courtesy Jude Michael & Team.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had booked the hotel for my father's 65th Birthday, as a surprise for my family. I arrived at the hotel a day in advance to ensure all things were in place. To my most pleasant surprise, i was welcomed with flowers in my room and a stocked minibar!

My room was lovely and the staff was extremely accommodating, ensuring my father was allotted a room on the lower floor for ease of his walking. The courtyard view is very pretty, albeit not totally private. Breakfast spread is decent for a hotel this size, and the meals are also varied in choices. The chef's were kind enough to custom make meals according to my father's health and the F&B staff's relentless attention to us during our meals.

Jude Michael, the Rooms head deserves a special thanks for his detailed attention and crisp leadership. Not to forget his personal friendliness!

Great Team Guys...Keep it up!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citrus Lonavala as your preferred destination.

I am delighted to know that my staff has been successful in winning you over, with their zeal to serve. There is no better encouragement and motivation for my staff and myself, than to read your generous feedback.

I do look forward to welcoming you all back to Citrus Lonavala, which I hope is sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have visited Citrus with my friends recently. I do travelling alot both domestic and internationally but havent found such humble and highly helpful staff. All our requests we taken care of by the staff and the management. It feels good when someone from the Managment, i think the name was Jude came upto ask if our stay was good and asked our feedback. It makes you feel important and wanted. The food was really good and made up to high standards. Lovely hotel and amazing staff........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank your choosing to stay with Citrus Lonavala. We appreciate the time and effort you have taken out to post your feedback about your experience.
We take great pride in our product and service and we are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. My staff and I truly appreciate your generous compliments and this serves as great motivation to us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited Citrus Hotel at Lonavala on 17th Aug, 2013 to check out the place. It was really disappointing and not at all a good place to even enjoy buffet lunch. The complete floor mat at the buffet was soggy and very cramped place.
Absolutely waste for such a price (stay and food, both).
My opinion would be - Please avoid this hotel as it is unnecessarily priced high to create the impression.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Citrus Lonavala and taking the time out to post your feedback.

I have gone through the concerns that you have mentioned. It has always been our endeavor to ensure that our guests get their value for money and that has been our prime motive behind renovating the guest facilities. I am also happy to inform you, that the upcoming new wing will have new rooms and restaurants among other state of the art facilities for all our guests.

The open air restaurant that you are referring to happens to be a favorite with most of our guests. Unfortunately the rain gods decided to play truant the day you visited.

I do hope that I can welcome you back to Citrus Lonavala!
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited Citrus on business. Situated on a quite lane off the main road, it is quite and charming. Withing walking distance from the market place the hotel rooms cater to a travellers need. The room is well kept with all standard amenities. The view from window is disappointing.The staff is smiling and helpful. Food is good and is adequately portioned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this review, August 20, 2013

Bhopal, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not really impressive! Except for the location of the hotel which is close to the Lonavala station, the hotel fails to live up to the brand name expectations that we had.

We arrived there on a weekend trip with family and group of friends on 9th Aug13. The hotel has a check-in time of 1200 noon. Our train reached Lonavala @0710h and we all were there at the hotel @0730h. We all had to wait for a good two hours at the reception before we could get rooms. It wasted a lot of time of ours which we could have used for excursions and day out.

The reception area which is pretty small leads directly to the garden restaurant which became more of play area for kids as it was raining all through. The fibre sheet roof over the garden restaurant was also leaky at many places.

As there were other families too with kids, it all became very noisy in the garden restaurant area and this noise reached to rooms also as all room open overlooking the garden restaurant. The rooms are not very spacious, except for corner rooms like Room No. 10 on first floor. The bathrooms are also cramped and not big enough for families. The AC OD units are placed just outside the bathroom window and creates a lot of noise. If by chance you open this window, you get to see a very sordid view.

Hot water is a big problem at the hotel. We had to take shower with cold water next morning after waiting for more than an hour while they tried to unsuccessfully rectify the problem. When they switched on the pump to get some hot water to shower, it only resulted in dirty water out of taps and shower. On complaining it to the hotel reception was like "So what if the hot water is not there, please adjust". The people managing the reception are not courteous and concerned towards guests comfort and convenience. Surprized to see the TripAdvisor Certifcate they display proudly at the reception where this hotel has been given a good rating.

The swimming pool area is very isolated and away from the rooms.
They have a mini theatre that could make the kids busy for sometime, else there is nothing to keep them busy.

The only good part was the food and staff courtesy at the restaurant.

Overall it is just not worth the tariff and the name tag. NO from me atleast, unless they improve.

Room Tip: Prefer corner rooms as these are bigger, if you prefer this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out to review the hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us an insight into aspects wherein we could do more to satisfy our guests.

I am indeed disappointed to learn of your experience during your stay with us. Having said that, I wish to convey that we try to accommodate to guests who come in early possible manner. However, the hotel being on high occupancy on the night before prevented us from doing so.

My team and I have read your review thoroughly and have taken action on the points mentioned by you. Rest assured that my team and I, leave no stone unturned to provide our guests with a memorable stay.

I am sure that you will the positive changes on your future visits here.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hospitality at this hotel is great! Buffet has a variety of food ranging from South Indian dishes to western breakfast items such as bread, juice, cereal etc., Staff take excellent care of you. For lunch or dinner, restaurant which has a buffet with a variety of food .

And i am all impressed not only of its elegance but also the excellent service provided to us by the people in the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I like citrus as group very much because I had visited Goa & Mahabaleshwar before but this hotel is not up to the mark. I had booked citrus for 4 days. It was heavily raining in the month of July. Atmosphere was very good but because of heavy rain I was not able to go outside. In addition to that Game house, Spa, Gym every indoor amenities are under construction. Movies offer in theatre was hopeless. Was badly stucked in the Hotel. Staff was not so good. Feel like jail. Also very costly not worth. You will get better option in Lonavala. Even location is not good at all. Avoid this hotel with 6 month view at least.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Been to Citrus Hotel Lonavala? Share your experiences!