“Awesomeness at its best!” 5 of 5 stars

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Frichley Hills | Tungarli, Lonavala 410401, India   |
Ranked #10 of 54 hotels in Lonavala
Bhubaneswar, India
“Awesomeness at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had been there several times for business purpose. The rooms provided are spacious and well equipped with all facilities. I was mostly busy in the conference so didn't get enough time to explore it. But the location is highly appreciable. Located amidst the hills of Lonavla you will get an amazing view of the hills playing hide and seek within the skies, while sipping in your coffee in the backyard.
Facilitated with swimming pool, bar, spa, gym, water park, what not!
The services provided are commendable. A variety of cuisines you can ponder upon. Best is to go for buffet where you can enjoy a plate full of flavors ranging from Indian to intercontinental. Do try the desserts and you'll never regret.

Room Tip: Go for room facing the hills. You'll definitely love it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Pearl,

Thank you for the appreciative comments. I am glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort, Lonavla in near future.

Best Wishes and regards,

Jagar Thakur

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had booked a room from thr 10th to the 12th Dec 2013. The rooms are great, beautiful views of the hills. The bathtub though was difficult to use. The drain stopper would just not come off and all the fun of a lovely bubble bath was wasted in trying to pop it up so the water could drain out. Also in a hotel of this class, very high standards indeed, one would not expect to pay for wifi and that too an exhorbitant Rs 100 per hour!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor with regard to your recent stay. We sincerely regret that your bathtub drain did not work properly. Also I regret that you were not happy with internet charges. I sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience caused to and your family.

Please be rest assured that I have addressed the issue with our Executive Housekeeper and will check it and fix in all rooms. As regards to internet charges, please allow me to explain that internet charges are to avoid any unnecessary login on all electronic gadgets which drastically reduces speed and causes inconvenience to genuine internet users

Thank you for your constructive feedback and continued support. I look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla

Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked a premium room for my family. The room was good and view was good but the bathroom did not have a proper latch from inside and it can be opened from outside. Even the partition between bathroom and the room does not have any latch. I could not stay with my family and asked the hotel to change to a room with proper latch but room available also did not have a proper latch and a carpenter tried repairing it but of no use. We were then shifted to deluxe room which got proper latches but smaller in size even though I paid for premium room.

Food was good and pool area is good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Venkat

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor with regard to your recent stay. We sincerely regret that you did not find our premium room bathroom door design appropriate and had to be shifted to a deluxe room. I sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience caused to you. We will revisit this design once again and will come with some improvisation in future.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I first stayed at the Fariyas Lonavala some 20 years ago and it looked and felt like a world class resort. Unfortunately today, the facilities look old and tired and the owners have obviously decided that maintaining the facility is not high on their list of priorities. The service was poor all round - examples include gym airconditioner not working (and the gym manager insisting that it was my problem, not the hotel!), a very unpleasant experience with an insect found in the buffet, and the lady at the arcade area not providing change to use the video game machines (and was happy for us to walk away as a result). The water park facilities, and indoor pool, were decent though and sweetened the palate a bit.

I must add that the management, especially Mr. J. Thakur, appeared very sincere in their apologies and proactive in attending to my concerns. The hotel has excellent potential but seriously needs to up its game to call itself a five star resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Mr Shreedhar N.

Thank you for your feedback. It was pleasure to meet you in person and get some hands on feedback as well. I am extremely sorry for the insect in the food and inappropriate behavior of some of our employees at Gym and Recreation area. Please be rest assured that appropriate action will be taken so that this does not get repeated with any of our future guests. Thank you for being our tutorial and extremely sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you and the family. As regards to property renovation, please allow me to let you know that it is planned in phases and soon we will have renovated rooms and some of the public areas.

Thank you once again for the patronage and constructive feedback. I am sure you will give us one more opportunity to show case our improved product, service and more importantly genuine customer caring behavior in the near future.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

decided to spend the weekend at this place and celebrate my birthday. The hotel even said they will provide a complimentary cake for my birthday. Interestingly, it never came.. the birthday did, the cake didn't :)

The postive of the resort are the deluxe room in which we stayed was pretty big (It can easily accomodate a family of 4) and the water park. So unlike the regular swimming pool (which they do have) you can enjoy the time in the water park.

Other than that, there is nothing great about this hotel. The house keeping never answered calls unless called twice. The food quality was just average, with the fried items almost seemed as if fried in stale oil and the vegetarian buffet had options like boiled vegetables for starters, and "tinde" in main course. On first night when we were at the dinner buffet and were about the serve the soup, the manager stopped us saying it isn't yet 8 pm. The time then as per his watch was 7.58 pm. wow, what precision!!

For everything we asked off house keeping, we had to call twice, for they never answered on the first call. The towels given smelled as if someone had vommitted in them.

Given the money they charge, they is surely an avoidable place. There would be better options in Lonavala.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Gupta

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdviser with regard to your recent stay. We sincerely regret your this experience and and apologize for the same. As you know, we communicated on this subject two days ago and I am sure you will give us another opportunity to show case our improved, product, facilities and services.

India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I write this review on my second day at this hotel. The property though large has got dilapidated and has nothing to qualify this as a five star hotel be it service or amenities they offer. Surprisingly they have expanded the hotel and if you are unfortunately given the extended portion be prepared for ordinary street view with no scenic beauty you would expect in lonavala. That was the first shock I got and with some resistance and wasting 20 mins of my time and threat of shifting to another hotel I could get a pool side view room which is passable as this is anyways the best this property can offer. The room decor and finish is at best ordinary and expect 1 odd switch to malfunction given the property is old. In my case it was the room lock on top, so I was locked out for 10 minutes and then had to take the bother of shifting room on Day 2. Some other things which lower the standard is the quality of amenities they offer. The pool area changing rooms do not have liquid soap. They expect you to use, used soap bars of other guests. In room amenities are at par with other hotels but if you ask anything from housekeeping expect them to be slow and you may need to remind if the shift is changing as those going out do not handover. The hotel has parking area for those who drive in but when it is busy weekend expect you to do some searching around as there is no one to guide you where to go while you see hotel staff loitering around clueless. Another area, I think they have 2 floors with elevators going from 3 different section to each of these floors. You need to be a magician to know that in 1st section you need to press 2, second section press 4 and 3rd section press 3 if you want to go to second floor. And the arrows point in opposite direction but it's your mistake for these are roman arrows and you need to know this by magic itself while you struggle to get used to this large, dilapidated property. To clarify my frequent use of dilapidated, it's the run down condition of their upholstery in rooms, carpets in the walk area, finish of walls in the restaurant view and many more things. In all a big disappointment.

• Stayed November 2013
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for your feedback with regard to your stay. I am deeply concerned to know that we could not meet many of your basic requirements in product and services. Please note most of the things mentioned in this review are shocking to me as well as we do not ask our guests to use used soap of previous guest or search for cars etc. however we have failed in your case. I sincerely regret this experience of yours and apologize to you and your family for the inconvenience caused

Please accept my sincere apologies and deep regret that we could not live up to your minimum expectations, which is generally below our own expectation as well.

Navi Mumbai, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is waste of money, look for better alternatives. Food is very disappointing, overall hotel interiors are dated, garden play area is a pity for children absolutely small, for the price they charge its absolutely a no no.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Deepak K

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for your feedback with regard to your stay. I am deeply concerned to know that you did not find value for money in all most all areas. I sincerely regret this experience of yours and apologize to you and your family for the inconvenience caused and for not been able to live up to your expectations.

I am pleased to inform you that we have started with soft refurbishment of our rooms and soon will have new look and feel rooms in our old wing. Also we are adding more games for kids in the Games Zone, which I am sure will be appreciated by our young guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to request you to give us another opportunity to showcase our improved product and services

My Sincere apologies once again and please feel free to contact me for any assistance that you may require.

Jagar

Been to Fariyas Resort Lonavala? Share your experiences!