“Service needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Frichley Hills | Tungarli, Lonavala 410401, India   |
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Lonavala
“Service needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

They call it five star but the service sucks.
The rooms are good, so is the view.
But saw come dry snack particles on the bed. Was wondering if they have even made an effort to change the bedsheet/cover.
Second, I saw the mini bar locked. So called up house keeping.
I only got someone to unlock it after 3 calls and spending about half an hour. This was pretty disappointing.
Thereafter, beer cans were rusted a bit from bottom. Though I checked out and there was one more month left for it to expire. However, from a presentation point of view, dont expect this from someone who claims to be a five star.

Had a nice time over dinner and drinks. good staff at Tavern and Fusion.
However, nreakfast in the morning was quite unorganized. Lot of people for staff to handle.
No one was even present to guide you to a seat. Its just you figure out where to sit. Not a pleasant morning experience at all.

Overall, The room decor was good, but the service sucks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We have taken careful note of your comment in regard to housekeeping standards, minibar being locked and breakfast service. I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standards of service. However at the same time I am happy that you liked the room and food and beverages service at the Traven Bar and Fusion. Pleasae accept my sincere regret for not been able to live up to your expectations in housekeeping and breakfast area.

I thank you for bringing it to our attention as it is only through valuable feedback like yours that we can improve. I do hope that you will give us another chance to showcase our improved product/services.

I regret your experience once again and assure you that this will not be repeated with any of our future guests.

Best Regards

Jagar Thakur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lonavala is about an hour and a half drive from Mumbai. The weather is pleasant is the evenings in November but the days are pretty hot.

It was a Diwali week when we went to Fariyas and we paid around 21k for two nights only breakfast included, i though think its too expensive but since we wanted a couple of days off we just went for it.

The room was not too spacious but had all necessities with a balcony. The bathroom had a bathtub and was extremely well kept. The food was decent but since Lonaval has a lot of other restaurants close by it is perfectly fine to take a package at the resort which doesn't include food. The resort has excellent water sports and a separate pool for guests who are interested in swimming, the good part is pool was extremely clean.

The resort also has a spa facility, we didn't use it so cant comment on the same. The service of the staff was excellent and we had a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for staying with us at Fariyas Resort Lonavla and your subsequent feedback.

Team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and look forward to your continued patronage.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Well it doesn’t happen very often that I get a chance to travel in India, my most of the trips and hotel stays have been abroad. This time I had an opportunity to spend 5 days at Lonavala and as there are limited option so Fariyas was chosen by my company.

First to start with the introduction of this resort, it is supposed to be Five Star Deluxe (as called by the reception desk and relationship manager) I am surprised about the rating system. Not that the hotel/resort cannot achieve this rating but given the experience and tariff (for some travellers this does matter) I must say it is way too far from five star rating.

Coming to the hotel/resort, the rooms are spacious and interiors are pretty decent and the good part ends over here. The lobby is spacious but the sofas kept over here were having some kind of stink (gave this in my hotel feedback), they need some heavy cleaning. The spread of buffet whether it was breakfast or dinner, actually gave me the real meaning of menu fatigue (again gave this in my hotel feedback). Food is decent especially the mutton based dishes (like curry or biryani).

Indoor swimming pool heater was not working and outdoor slides are just the basic ones. If I have to visit this area again I might give it a miss unless I don’t have any other choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We have taken careful note of your comment in regard to sofa in the lobby, swimming pool temperature and menu selection in the coffee shop. I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standards of service. However, please allow me to explain that during conferences most of the menus are decided with the coordinator and we follow their guidelines. However, I have taken note of your comment and sincerely regret your experience.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention as it is only through valuable feedback like yours that we can continue to improve. I do hope that you will give us another chance to showcase our improved product/services.

I regret your experience and assure you that this will not be repeated with any of our future guests.

Best Regards

hyderabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was here for a business meeting during a weekend. I did not get time to explore the pool or water rides, but they seemed good for a visit with the family. the rooms were well maintained, but there was a lot of walking from the lobby to the room. also the room service was a slow.
the buffet breakfast was good , andalso the meals were tasty. Overall a decent hotel, may stay there for my next visit with the family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest ,

Team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay and quality of food, however noted that your room was away from lobby and room service took time to reach you. Thank you for sharing your feedback and be rest assured that we will address it.

Thank you once again and look forward to your continued patronage.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I visited this resort after almost a span of 3 years and i must say it is still the best place in lonavala for a luxury stay. I stayed at many other different properties in lonavala, but Fariyas is much better compared to them. It was a weekend and the resort was almost full so i had not expected much from it. But the quality of service and staff's attitude took me by a pleasant surprise. The room service was excellent and food is very appealing. You can clearly distinguish the class of the property and they have maintained that all these years.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest ,

Team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback and look forward to your continued patronage.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Hello, i have been to fariyas last year its not the same as it used to be, rooms are ok, services are ok. Just location and water park makes me go there.

Mr. Jagan Thakur, we have planned our trip in diwali holidays hope this time we get the best posible room and sercive as we expect from esteemed hotel.

Will put the review for fellow travel buffs once back.

• Stayed December 2011
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Easily the top property in Lonavla. Located atop the hill which gives great all round view. Great to stay. Nice food and helpful staff too. Simply superb experience. One may get cheaper deals between Mon - Thu but never on weekends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fariyas Resort Lonavala? Share your experiences!