“You got to be there to know it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maria Heritage Homes and Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Maria Heritage Homes and Spa
You added Maria Heritage Homes and Spa to your Saves list
Pulinkunnu | Alleppey, Alappuzha 688504, India   |
Ranked #14 of 135 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“You got to be there to know it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

Well I am a doctor and so is my wife who is compleating her fellowship. We dont get much time to be together since the last 2 years, due to our careers. Well this christmas we desided to take a week off the record with our son (Eric) in a quiet place.

We really wanted it to be peaceful, beautiful, refreshing and without the disturbance of a busy place. I searched the net for a cool place and found this one. The images looked great and the email sounded great. Knowing a little about kerala – I was a skeptical at first, and since I could not find bookings in many other places decided to try my luck. They committed to pick me up from cochin airport and promised me a great stay.

To tell you the truth, this place was beyond great. Its homely and all skepticism vanished the moment I landed there. It was truly homely, the food was great, and the lush green paddy fields right behind is a sight to see. If nothing else just sipping a coffee and looking out to the paddy fields on one side and the cool backwaters on the other could make your day. Well the traditional home cooked meals are one that you would really enjoy. There is plenty of space and the furnishing are pure antique. I was pretty surprised to find the toilets were neat and perfect.

The backwater house boat rides, the out door badminton and the lawns are fantastic. I should say the ayurveda (SPA) was fabulous. There are different types of treatments available. One thing I have suggested is the swimming pool well it’s a little small, but I have been told they are getting a big one by march. Well if that’s in too then I would say that’s my kind of a holiday. The backwaters of pulinkunnu, would give Venice a run for its money. Well they are open and a sight to see specially in the mornings and the evenings.

All in all a great place to chill out and relax, well thank you Maria I had a wonderful time and hope, I could get some place the next time around, the way I see it it might be hard to get in on short notice again.

All the best – and see you next December.

Dr Ajith Joy K.

• Liked — Feel at ease away from home, well its unique but still at ease
  • Disliked — the pool was too small
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

Myself and my family stayed at the Maria Resort and Spa, Kearala for two days in November 2007. The stay was just memorable. The moment we entered the property, we were taken to another world, a blissful one. The property is so meticulously kept and we were like Royals there. The atmosphere in and around the Resort is very nice. The staff on duty at the Resort are very friendly and they made us feel very homely. The entire property is very tastefully and very artistically decorated. I have to make a special mention about the Manager of the Resort, Mrs. Rama Menon. She took care of the us even to the minutest detail. The food served was just wonderful and I have no words to express the satisfaction and happiness myself and my family derived by this short stay. I have no hesitation in recommending this property for a holiday to a person who is very particular about the quality of having a good time.

I hasten to express my appreciation to the owners of this wonderful property for developing such a lovely one. Hats off to Mary Thomas.

My family still talks about the wonderful holiday we had and if an opportunity comes, we will visit again in the near future.

M. Krishnamurthi,\Managing Partner,
AGN MAK,,
Chartered Certified Accountants,
Post Box No. 29236,
Abu Dhabi.
United Arab Emirates

Telephones: [--]

Stayed November 2007

Been to Maria Heritage Homes and Spa? Share your experiences!