Superb Hotel. Delightfully designed rooms, fresh linen, neat rooms and premises, all facilities available.
This hotel is a world in itself, if you chose not to go out for a whole day, there is enough you can do within the premises itself. Cycling, Speed boating, tennis, badminton, indoor games, gymansium, the gym, Paddle boating or be it taking a long stroll in the property, lots to do here itself.
The best part is the sunset cruise and the cultural programmes that are arranged by the hotel.
We also had one day at the Boathouse in our package, which was simply superb, breathtaking views, wonderful rooms, an amazing experience.
The only let down is a bit lethargy from the staff end.
Yet another issue was that we having booked a honeymoon suite were promised floral decoration and saffron milk, which we never got, despite of constant reminders to the staff. They said that flowers were not available in the market and that they had run out of saffron.
The food is average if you are a vegetarian (they hardly have much choices). Superb if you are not.
You dont need to think twice to come here. A full thumbs up
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.