“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Alappuzha
Hyderabad, India
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed for 2 days at this resort 6th July to 8th July 2012. The service at this place is terrible. Hot water is not available at all times. We need to call the reception and tell them to switch on the geycer and then wait for 15 mins for the water to heat up.
Also everytime we order for coffee it comes after 30 mins and after 2 reminders.. To top that the coffee is served "cold". For breakfast we asked for omelette and we are told that omelette is not a prt of the breakfast menu. We told them to charge it and serve us. The staff comes back and says that the pantry is closed. When we complained to the manager Mr Kohli he says that the omelette is very much part of the menu. Then the omellete comes to our table after 45 mins by which time we had finished the breakfast.
The swimming pool is not maintained well and i ended up cutting my sole from a glass piece which was lying in the pool
The only plus point is the amazing view from the rooms and the hotel. Else i wouldnt want to step into this hotel again. A first time visitor to Kerala would get a very wrong impression about this state

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMLP, General Manager at Lake Palace Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to provide your valuable feedback regarding your current stay and the service failures which u and your family experienced. The experience is very disturbing and alarming and we apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Managers of the concerned department have been briefed and appropriate actions are been taken to ensure such an event does not re-occur.
You may also be interested to know that we have started with our refurbishment of our resort Lobby and we will be coming up with a River facing Sea food Specialty Restaurant and Bar within our resort which is on verge of completion. .

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back to Lake Palace, so that you can experience the Resort as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly at dgm@lakepalaceresort.com to discuss this further or if you are traveling to Kerala again so that I may personally take care of you on your next visit.

Arjun Kohli (DGM Operations.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cracow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice and comfy resort for relax after business trip in the Kerala region. The property is beautifull situated and offers quite and privacy. But it's a little far form the city. The staff were friendly and competent. The room was comfy and very clean. The room service als good and fast. The hotel has a lot of facilities, nice garden and private lake. The quality of food was OK. Generally it's really good option.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

It was a splendid stay in Lake Palace . Not only because of the heart stoppingly beautiful, serene location but also because of the hospitality of the staff. Add to that mouth watering cuisine it is enough to make your stay perfect. All.inall a magnificent hotel .

• Stayed May 2012
Thrissur, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I had a pretty bad experience of visiting this place what they claim a palace.we reached their lounge at 2.15pm and waited half an hour for the boat,and reached at 3.00 pm,went to restaurant,and they were telling lunch is finished you can have some snacks,when I told them I already informed the reception that we will be late for lunch,they agreed for Chinese food,after one hour, horrible food was served by a guy who wasn't aware of even the basics of hospitality. Cottage was looking good from out,but inside was poorly maintained.the sit out facing the lake was full of birdshit.the pool too was badly maintained ,no lockers,no towels,filthy washrooms and heavily chlorinated water,both my eyes developed chemosis. Altogether it was waste of time and money. Last time I stayed in zuri, that was really class apart.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Sorry for the late reply !!

Your feedback is most valuable to us and we thank you for it, as it provides us with the details which can help us improve our operations . We apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and will focus on improving the same as the same has been taken up with the concerned department heads.

As resort being situated on an Island with boat being the only mean on connectivity so it takes 15 minutes one way for boat to reach the pick up point.
You might like to know that our swimming pool is one of the best in the vicinity and the water in the pool goes through the regular PH and chlorine test to avoid any kind of reactions to our guest and is handled by the trained attendants.

It might interest you that we are starting with a full refurbishment of our guest rooms, as well as our lobby, bar and restaurant and also coming up with our Specialty Sea food restaurant and Bar.

Please contact me directly at dgm@lakepalaceresort.com if you wist to discuss this further.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at lake palace so you could experience the resort as its meant to be with our customary high level of services.

Arjun Kohli (DGM Operations)
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

After two weeks of staying at a very simple place i had the chance to visit Lake Palace. A taxi took me there and when we arrived at the water the driver told me: it´s here. I was more then astonished! I had to change from the car to a boat, which took me across the water to my final destination. Already during this time i felt that life will change now. Away from the dust and the noise to a wonderful, peaceful place. From the boat i had already an amazing view of the resort. Arriving there i had the warmest welcome i ever had. Decorated with flowers and the local traditions i could relax for a while enjoying the fresh coconut-drink, which i really liked. People were so friendly. I thought i am happy to be ther but ther changed it, they showed me that they are happy to have me there. After a while i was taken around with a clubcar to see all the resort, to feel the spirit and to get ideas of things which i could do there. I was speechless and this doesn´t happen often to me. What a fantastic place. Water all around, ricefields in the background, colourful flowers amazing buildings and always a smile and a nice greeting to me on the peoples faces. When i got to the room, i didn´t know what happened to me. Wow, the absolut perfect design with the things you need and things you can just enjoy. After openening the curtain (with remote control) i didn´t close it again, the view was so special. I had the sunset on my terasse and this peaceful atmosphere which makes you relaxing and happy. I felt like a child at christmas with a fireworks of surprises. I was offered to go for a sunsetcruise, but this would have been too much for me. I was so happy, smiling all the time and i just wanted to keep this wonderful feeling. There will still be time to do it. In the diningroom food was excellent. They managed to get the right tastes for very different people and there was always somebody around you to bring you whatever you wanted to have. They tried to read from your eyes what they can do for you and with their warm heart they gave you the felling of being a wonderful guest who really makes them happy just because you are there. Later i went to the swimmingpool, the area was clean and nice, my towel and the umbrella already waiting for me. The water was refreshing and clean, i enjoyed it to be inside for a while. The giftshop had a lot of very nice things and they managed in very short time to get a new travel bag for me. It was again the experience, they do what they can for you with a smile, happy to be there for you. Finally i had the possibility to take an ayurvedic treatment - you have to do it, when you go there - they know exactly what is good for you, the treatment was extraordinary like the room and all the things around to make your stay there unforgettable. I really felt sorry when the boat came to bring me back to reality, i had to wake up from this wonderful dream, to say goodbye to these nice and friendly people but i realized that this is the only way to have the possibility to come back. And i promise i will come back as soon as possible, not only the sunsetcruise is waiting for me! Thank you so much for this great experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Surat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

best hotel with the excellent view from the room and also the rooms are the best with full facilities.You should take the river side view as in the morning you can check the houseboat passing by the room and also the nice natural beauty. The rooms are very big with all facilities and also the bathroom are big. I found its location the best as its near to town and also in the river so that great. I stayed there 10 & 11Feb 2012. Guys trip advisor review helped me know i want other to check my review which can help them.

Room Tip: go for the river side view