I stayed for 2 days at this resort 6th July to 8th July 2012. The service at this place is terrible. Hot water is not available at all times. We need to call the reception and tell them to switch on the geycer and then wait for 15 mins for the water to heat up.
Also everytime we order for coffee it comes after 30 mins and after 2 reminders.. To top that the coffee is served "cold". For breakfast we asked for omelette and we are told that omelette is not a prt of the breakfast menu. We told them to charge it and serve us. The staff comes back and says that the pantry is closed. When we complained to the manager Mr Kohli he says that the omelette is very much part of the menu. Then the omellete comes to our table after 45 mins by which time we had finished the breakfast.
The swimming pool is not maintained well and i ended up cutting my sole from a glass piece which was lying in the pool
The only plus point is the amazing view from the rooms and the hotel. Else i wouldnt want to step into this hotel again. A first time visitor to Kerala would get a very wrong impression about this state
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India