“Excellent service & friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre

and 1 more site!
You added Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre to your Saves list
Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre
North of Finishing Point, Opp. Ramada Hotel | Punnamada Road, Thathampally, Alappuzha 688013, India   |
Ranked #53 of 135 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent service & friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

LIKES:
- location was perfect, close to the ocean yet secluded from the maddening crowd
- the cottage like environment of the complex was lovely
- the room was well furnished and pleasant with a/c capabilities
- communication between the resort staff and Joy & Santosh was excellent - nothing fell through the cracks
- service by the resort staff, Tino and Jose was impeccable
- food was well prepared and personalized to our requests and we had an opportunity to partake of the local Kerala cuisine
- the 2.5 hour daily/7 day ayurvedic treatment was worth every second
- Niyas, the driver, was a very pleasant, knowledgeable and fun to be with gentleman who was also the driver on our one week tour of small town Kerala, post-treatment - I'd request his services again

CAN IMPROVE:
- fresh local fruits should have been available without being requested
- the washroom mirror, toilet and some of the rusted fittings need to be replaced
- though not necessary, hot water capabilities in the washroom was not available
- the resort premises need better maintenance and regular cleaning of garbage, e.g. waste paper, wrappings, cigarette butts, etc.
- areas used for yoga need to be cleaned, before its used

Room Tip: Opt for the cottage rooms which has a/c capabilities, semi-open to the sky washroom and a lovely fro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My partner and I arrived at the centre and from the start felt genuinely welcomed. We spent two nights at their beach front cottage and enjoyed the best yoga ever, genuine ayervedic massage in their beach front bamboo hut and the centre as well as superb individual attention from the kindest old guy on the beach. All the transport was organized for us throughout the three days even after we had technically left. Believe it or not the manager Joy took us home the third night to stay with his amazing family as his personal guest and wouldn't accept a penny Joy also organized for us a beach trip, a shopping trip, a house boat trip then a taxi out to Kovalam. He even rang the taxi to talk to us and check we were having a nice time after a few hours. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: In season ask for a cottage nearest to the beach
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I appericiate really the quality of this Institute I went in October and had a Abhyangam massage
I recommend also one more institute where i had another therapy
http://www.karelaayurvedicmassages.com both are excellent

Room Tip: Excellent massage provided
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
travelling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at the beach place at the end of March and absolutely loved my time there. Nestled between palm trees and beautiful flowers are clean and cosy beach huts, bamboo ones and airconditioned ones. As there is only a very small number of huts the place is very private and never noisy even when there are many guests. Every accommodation has its little outside sitting/dining area and comfy wicker chairs. The plain but cosy huts are clean and well taken care of. I had an outside bathroom with a palm tree growing through it and really liked it. I booked a three day Ayurveda treatment plan which included three meals and two and a half hours of treatments per day. The treatments were great and the therapist Kushila amazing-it made the whole time even more relaxing. I liked it so much there that I extended my stay there for another two nights (half board only and without treatments this time to save money) and wished I didn't have to leave in the end. There is a small, beautiful beach (with stunning sunsets in the evenings) right outside the little terrain which gives it always a nice breeze even when it is very hot. But the best thing about the stay has to be the food. Part of the very friendly crew is an older lady doing her magic in the kitchen. She has stunned me with amazing Keralean food I never came across again that lovely afterwards. Out of my six weeks in India this place with everything around it like setting, food, accommodation, service, charm was the very best. Would recommend to everyone who wants some time out and relax with a book or three, to head right there. It's beautiful.

Room Tip: Personally two meals a day were enough for me as there is so much food! You should have a peak and w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Nijmegen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

From november 2011 untill February 2012 I followed an Ayurveda massage training at the Sree Krishna Centre. Because I was at the centre for almost 3 months I got the opportunity to be trained in the hole package: all the different types of massage, the basic principles of Ayurveda, making oils and pastes, basic herbology and pharmacololy and cooking. I stayed at the centre, which was great. They let me feel so at home... so thanks to everyone!! And especially my dearest "guru" Kusela...

Miss you all,
Love Ingrid

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

While my husband did Panchkarma, I underwent a correctional massage for my bulging discs which was causing pain down my legs. Definitely beneficial. A nice, informal atmosphere. Staff was very helpful and honest. Food was well prepared - did not miss non-vegetarian food during the two weeks we were there. It was wonderful to listen to the waves of the ocean, and watch the sunset every evening.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Eindhoven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

In januari 2012 I did an Ayurveda massage course at the Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre and it was very good. Really nice teachers showed and thaught different massages, e.g. head, schoulders, full body oil and stamp massage. A lot to learn! A very nice massage style. Very good atmosphere at the centre and amongst the teachers/ staff. Also the course could be adjusted according to the need, what was very nice. I travelled with my son of 4 years old to Kerela and got a warm welcome and help from the staff taking care of us. Specially for the care for my son there was a caretaker (Shaji) and he was very kind taking us around Allepey aswell. Thanks a lot to all teachers and stafff from the Sreekrishna Ayurveda centre, we had a good time!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre? Share your experiences!