Good points: The private beach and excellent food. We told the staff how much we enjoyed eating Keralan food & they accommodated by 'surprising' us with good quality, well cooked, traditional indian food. We noticed that there was limited choice on the menu (expensive) so used our common sense & asked that the chef cook us meals using local ingredients. The resturant manager was exceptional & very attentive to our needs at breakfast/dinner.
Pool decent size but noticed that the area needed finishing & tidying up. Not a good idea to find dirty glasses/used towels hanging around the pool from the the day before. Especially when staff have time on their hands. Double room was spacious & clean - veranda was spacious/relaxing space to chill.
Bad points: This is an overpriced, expensive so called 5 star hotel. As other reviewers have mentioned, small things that disappoint. Namely the reception staff/management. Our lamp in our room broke on 2nd day, were told that it would be replaced/repaired but was still the same by the time we left. Wanted to use the internet (our flight cancelled at the last minute). Told that it wasn't working but no alternative/suggestions or volunteering to support us i.e. offering to use the phone. Enquired if next resort had inernet but their reply was for us not to bother. When we went to next resort, they were incredibly helpful & couldn't do enough for us. Unlike the staff at Pollethai who just blankly stared at us & shrugged their shoulders. Opted for HB but at breakfast a lot of pressure on us to order lunch, whether we wanted it or not.
Word of warning - check your bill when checking out, this place is about taking advantage of western tourists by overcharging.
- Also Known As:
- The Beach At Pollethai Hotel
- The Beach At Pollethai Hotel Alappuzha
- Beach At Pollethai Kerala
- Beach At Pollethai Hotel
- The Beach At Pollethai Kerala/Alappuzha, India
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Beach Resort with picturesque views, with a river that runs at the side and channels that cut through the resort. The beach is private, and there is breakfast shack on the beach, with its own kitchen. The restaurant overlooks the swimming pool which looks over the river to the sea. Very exclusive and peaceful. ... more less