The place is very near alapuzha town but when you enter you feel a shock of quiet and calmness. The view is just unbelievable! Kayaloram literally means at the banks of the backwaters and thats the main highlight of the place.It was so soothing to just sit and watch the gentle waters. One disappointment was that we woke late and so missed the sunrise!
I really loved the old ,kerala heritage feel of the rooms, and the beautiful landscaping. The rooms are cosy and aesthetically furnished.
We didnt have much time to try the fitness centre and other features. But I did try the ayurveda centre. They have a lot of options in massages and spa treatments.I took a nice, relaxing general body massage.
If you love sea-food you'll love the karimeen polichathu.All in all , a very rejuvenating experience!!
P.S.While you're there, I would also recommend highly the government's initiative 'see Kuttanad'. 50 Rs for a 2hr ride and you get a real taste of the backwaters and the paddy fieds!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayaloram Lake Resort Managed by Mir Group of companies, Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort,set in the enchanted landscape of Alleppey, offers impeccable services at par with international standards. Ideally suited for business travelers and tourists alike, the resort is set in lush green settings of Punnamada in Alleppey, the Venice of the east. Kayaloram is a true blend of the rustic ambience of Alleppey and the facilities of a modern resort.The resort also offers an Ayurvedic centre which has all the major treatments.Kayaloram has been classified under the title of Heritage Resort, by the Government of India.Sizzling backwaters Cruising along the stunning and unique backwaters of Alleppey gives you the most enchanting holidaying experience. The back water cruise along the narrow canals that interweave the rustic villages of Kuttanad gives you the most awesome experience. Hear the ripples of Vembanad Lake and feel completely relaxed in the rustic charm of the villages. It is fascinating to watch the village girls engaged in the various house hold chores in front of every house & men doing their daily works. Enjoy the savor of fresh coconut water; watch the toddy tappers tapping fresh toddy & village folk active in making coir from coconut husk.Alleppey gives you much more beyond these. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Alappuzha
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India