We just returned from a 3 wk trip to India and Sri Lanka. This is our second trip to India ( our son and his wife live in New Delhi) and our focus was on exploring a few places in the south. My son choose Motty's Homestay for our two nights in Allepey and the 4 of us were very glad we did! Motty and Lali could not have been more delightful and welcoming (and their dog Jack too!). The rooms were large and clean and except for having to worry just a bit about keeping the mosquitoes at bay, the outdoor private bathroom was very nice Hopefully you can tell from the photo). The food was also delicious ...coffee served outside our room as soon as we woke up, little treats, juice, tea or coffee in the afternoon...great hospitality and great cooking (I wish we had more time there...I would have loved one of Lali's cooking classes!)! Motty also arranged for us to spend an afternoon on a boat going through the backwaters. The boat was spacious and comfortable but small enough to allow us to explore the narrow canals, which we did and loved...people going about their daily chores, kids coming home from school, men and women fishing...fascinating and relaxing. Initially, our plan had been to stay on a houseboat for a night or two but staying with Motty and Lali and going out on a smaller boat (Motty's suggestion) worked perfectly and overall, turned out to be a great choice and a great few days! I provided a variety of photos that should give you just a glimpse of all the interesting and wonderful sights and scenes ...exploring the back waters is a must! We would definitely recommend a stay at Motty's and the small afternoon boat trip to anyone heading to Allepey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India