We stayed with Motty and Lali in late December 2012 as part of our Kerala and Tamil Nadu itinerary. Even before we arrived, Motty was very helpful in making suggestions regarding our itinerary, booking a driver onward from Alleppey and arranging a houseboat. When we arrived, the room (in a separate building from the main house) was very clean and spacious and had everything that we needed for a comfortable stay.
However, the highlight was Lali's delicious Keralan home cooking. As a traveller, it's not often easy to get a taste of what the locals eat at home so it was great to have an excellent cook prepare meals for us. Having lived in Kerala all his life, Motty is obviously very knowledgeable about the local area, customs, etc. and took a lot of time answering our questions about life in Kerala and India more generally.
Overall, a highly recommended stay and I would not hesitate to return to Motty's should I ever find myself back in Alleppey.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.