We stayed in Emerald Isle with our 5y.o child for one night in March-13. It was the only place during our trip in Kerala that we didn't like.
- the Heritage rooms are absolutely NOT soundproof. You can hear everything your neighbors do.
- although we were assured by the owners that the homestay have internet, in fact it is switched off most of the time due to all weird reason like lightening etc
- the food was OK, but there was no choice neither during the dinner or breakfast
- as we were on rather long trip and din't have a program set in advance, we asked the owner if he knows where we can hire a house boat. He suggested his family relative's boat, which turned up as a mistake. He "forgot" to mention that the boat was old and desperately needed renovation and that there was a room for only two.
- this was also the only place that we didn't get a receipt after we payed for our stay- not that we particularly care whether the owner pays his taxes, but with all other things that didn't work for us, it gave an unpleasant feeling....
For the positive side, we found the open showers very nice and the place was generally clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the beautiful waterways and backwaters of the Kuttanad region of Central Kerala lies Emerald Isle, an exotic haven of tranquility, seemingly remote from city life, yet barely 10 kilometers from Alleppey Town. Tucked away on this delightful island lies the Emerald Isle Heritage Villa, an ancestral Country House set in 9 acres of secluded grounds – your Retreat into a Paradise of Peace. Emerald Isle Heritage Home is situated in an island resplendent with exotic flora, breathtaking flowers, myriad birds and butterflies to make for a memorable holiday, affordable and unforgettable. A truly wonderful way to spend your time on the banks of the backwaters of Kerala! Our house, dating back 150 years, retains its original architectural features, mostly in teak, with splendid wood carvings. There is also a fine Ara, the timber storeroom used in former times for the golden harvest of rice – golden because the island’s lush green paddy fields turn gold at the time of the harvest. Our property stretches across 9 acres including lush green paddy fields and fish ponds. All meals are served in dining room. Please ask us if you want to have any special facilities like Ayurvedic treatments or houseboat rides. Emerald Isle is ideal for those wanting to relax, sun themselves or getting away from it all. The tranquil air here is salve to frayed nerves and everyday tensions. Read a book or taste the locally harvested ’toddy’ fresh from the coconut trees ! When you tire of lazing in a hammock, or sunbathing in the courtyard garden, you can take a walk around the island, go fishing or have a swim. Emerald Isle Heritage Villa offers peace, privacy and pure relaxation. There are only 5 rooms (All Air-conditioned) for guests and each has its own en-suite Open-Shower bathroom with all modern facilities. The en-suite bathrooms have been tastefully done and open to the sky above to give you a feel of being truly closer to nature at Emerald Isle! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Isle - The Heritage Villa Hotel Alappuzha
- Emerald Isle - The Heritage Villa Kerala/Alappuzha, India